Poll: Vote for this episode (guests can vote)
This poll is closed.
3 Penny Blossoms
0%
0 0%
2 Penny Blossoms
0%
0 0%
1 Penny Blossom
0%
0 0%
The Neutral Zone
0%
0 0%
1 Dirty Sock
0%
0 0%
2 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
100.00%
4 100.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

11.01 The Proposal Proposal
I watched. And while much of it was not memorable there was one scene I consider brilliant. [SPOILER ALERT] There's a scene where Bernadette informs Howard that she's pregnant. Half the dialog is just repeating the words "yes" and "no" but the structure and the timing, both Simon and Melissa was precise and physical and timed just beautifully. Also very funny. If the rest of the show was written like this it would be brilliant. I think maybe there's a new writer in the house. But watch this scene on your chosen platform and then tell me if I'm blowing smoke.
The following 1 user Likes devilbk's post:
  • Toad
Ah, how lovely. Things we have to look forward to this season:

1. Shamy wedding
2. Bernadette's second pregnancy
3. Lenny's Baby talk
4. The misery of Raj and Stuart because they are still single.

brainbleach
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß
The following 2 users Like Berliner's post:
  • FlyingSolo, Toad
So, I watched last night on Kodi, and I have to say a couple of things:
1. I hate that Mary keeps saying things like: 'I don't care that it won't be in church, I never thought this would happen...I prayed for this...More than one woman wanted you...maybe I prayed too hard.' Or something like that. I was angry with what she said in the Christmas episode, and this actually makes me dislike her character...how could she say something like that to her son?
2. I have a hard time believing that Amy's that famous in her field that they spent an entire dinner focusing on her.
3. I really dislike Raj's bitterness without Sheldon, he would have been deported in Season 3 and he kind of-would have deserved it.
4. I don't understand Howardette's reaction to the baby news...uh, didn't you want kids? Especially, Howard. They never gave any indication they were unhappy being parents.
5. I'm still bothered that Sheldon doesn't get to live in 4A, and I seriously doubt that he would give up his work for three months to stay with Amy at Princeton.
6. I don't understand why Raj and Stuart are so miserable, it seems unnecessary.
7. I disliked Lenard's comment about only having a baby to keep Penny. She deserves better.
8. Also, Does Raj know about the baby? It didn't seem like it.

Also, Hi everyone!
The following 3 users Like Jenger's post:
  • Jela, Nutz, Toad
It's becoming clear, that only Howard and Bernie are capable to raise a family. They're freaked at first, but everything works out in the end. I see no issues on their end, they seem the most believable family.

Main couples still struggle and argue with each other or don't trust each other - see the baby proposal. Unless Penny wants to end up as an alcoholic single mother, she should stay away from babies.
Leonard is obsessed with her babies since the Pilot ep, I don't think that changed. Expect some BF Skinner training methods, to give him what he wants.

Maybe Sheldon could blurb something, when they remember 10 years together, which Penny didn't know:
"On the day we met, Leonard said he wants your babies to be smart and beautiful."
"OMG, that's so creepy!"
"I know!" (said in a high-pitched Penny voice)
The following 1 user Likes CTR69's post:
  • Idle Miscreant
Between Leonard's first hallway comment (and subsequent mail stealing, male-friendship-jeopardising, trophy-wife fixation on Penny) and Amy's "five year plan" (and subsequent scenting, psychological manipulation, emotional blackmail and behavioural modification) there's a hell of a sense of predatory grooming about these fuckers.

Penny had to be "worn down" (her words buddy) and Sheldon had to be entirely rewritten as an incapable, blethering imbecile.

Er, hurray!
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 6 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • FlyingMonkey, FlyingSolo, CTR69, chaotic temptation, Nutz, Gamma
So that's it then, the big moment? It really lacked something... maybe because Sheldon spent the entire time on the phone. Undecided  I don't suppose this was the quite romantic proposal the Shamys had dreamed of. It was pretty bland. Mostly because Bernadette totally upstaged the engagement with her pregnancy. It was some pretty decent acting from Melissa and Simon and the circumstance was very realistic, sympathetic and touching. I also enjoyed her conversation with Penny. Finally some laughs. 

Next scene back to Amy and Sheldon and it was just terrible. The boring old married couple with Sheldon being annoying and unfunny. The bloom is really off the rose.

Raj approaching Ramona was just gross. 

So why is it that Amy is creating groundbreaking work? Does every scientist do groundbreaking work? Well of course she is! The Shamy is all about making her seem sane, competent and more deserving and Sheldon look like a complete insufferable ass. He was so excuriatingly embarrassing.

They rest of the episode was just dull. Raj is pathetic. He's just frigging single FFS, he's not got a termainal illness. Get a grip!!!

I loved the last scene when Penny says "Oh crap is it our anniversary" and leonard's not sure. That was funny. Although they really didn't need the final line where they make it true.

Apologising to Amy is getting friggin old. Borrrrring! Sheldon gushing over Amy is a death spiral, boy they are such a boring match those two. BRING ON THE SHENNY.

oh and please vote. I gave it the full 3 dirty socks.
The following 5 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Toad, Jela, FlyingMonkey, Jenger