Poll: Vote for this episode (guests can vote)
This poll is closed.
3 Penny Blossoms
0%
0 0%
2 Penny Blossoms
0%
0 0%
1 Penny Blossom
0%
0 0%
The Neutral Zone
0%
0 0%
1 Dirty Sock
0%
0 0%
2 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
100.00%
4 100.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

11.01 The Proposal Proposal
I would prefer Captain Sweatpants.

If we can't have Sheldon/Science, or Penny, or Martha, or nameless dude from the cafeteria in Barbarian Sublimation, or Leslie Winkle, or Leonard's mother, or indeed any other character under the sun other than Amy...

Personally I will go down with this ship.

[Image: CpWIebwVMAAMx71.jpg]
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 4 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, chaotic temptation, Nutz, Shelatte
(08-29-2017, 10:23 AM)Shelatte Wrote: I, too, prefer Leonard's mom over Amy. It probably makes me a bad person, but I think I would even prefer Bernadette over Amy.

I spent a couple of years trying to like Amy and hoping that they would stay friends and not 'go there'. Back alas! I know I'm supposed to find it sweet or something but the whole retraining regime and his 'all-in-white virginal sacrifice' was much less than the character deserved. He was epic once. He's been turned into a spectacle through that whole pity-payment-in-kind story. Amy is the animal trainer and Sheldon is her pet monkey. So no, your comment does not make you a bad person. Big Grin
The following 4 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Toad, Idle Miscreant, Kimk26, Shelatte
Episode two is rumoured to be called 'The Retraction Reaction', although this is from an unconfirmed source. So stay posted. One can only hope!!!

Although we do know that Ep.2 contains a plot about Leonard doing an interview with Science Friday, which his messes up.
(08-29-2017, 10:49 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Episode two is rumoured to be called 'The Retraction Reaction', although this is from an unconfirmed source. So stay posted. One can only hope!!!

Although we do know that Ep.2 contains a plot about Leonard doing an interview with Science Friday, which his messes up.

So episode 1 is the Proposal Proposal, episode 2 is the Retraction Reaction, what will episode 3 be the Crap Confirmation or maybe the Excrament Examination? I can hardly wait to find out.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 2 users Like Nutz's post:
  • FlyingSolo, Kimk26
Yeah they're really pushing the old formula on some of these titles.
So, now it IS ENOUGH !!!

Dear "Shenny"-shippers, nostalgics, colleagues, friends.

There is again very much of this "dawn"-mood in your posts. Even if no one of you clearly writes it out,....I can feel this "end of days"-tendency between the lines of your comments.

I CAN REALLY SMELL IT!!!

I mean, what do we have?
Until now, one episode. One bloody (!!!) episode of two coming years.

What is wrong with you all?
Rise from your desolation, remind why we all gathered together on this page

a): the unique nerdy genius   
[Image: 340e9473a08211d77de3e2098dbef372--stephe...people.jpg]
b): the possible pair
[Image: 635381_1296930758385_full.jpg?v=1296930776]

and see the chances. It is still all possible. Nothing, absolute NOTHING, is certain. So do not let the flag drop and realize that the chances are still given for us to see the -logical- imagination, we all share, could come true on the show:

[Image: nobel-prize-chemistry.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_static_tumblr_static_843crs8na1wk...wk_640.png]

.....and of course to see the possible reactions of Amy and Leonard.

[Image: latest?cb=20140704100818]

(Alone that would be worth it) sass

Two years are a long time .

So stay strong and SHENNY FOR THE WIN!!!
The following 3 users Like Ratman77's post:
  • Jela, CTR69, FlyingSolo
Just looking at Youtube video of Sheldon kissing Penny. There are comments saying how it is the hottest kiss in the entire show and those comments get a thousand likes ! No one is going "YUCK". There are so many positive comments. fans invested in sheldon/amy and Leonard/penny pairings are a minority and I honestly believe if Sheldon and Penny did more than kissing, it would be well received and we would get more comments like "wow i always thought Sheldon and Penny have more chemistry" . My point is, that people don't hate Shenny anymore than they love Sheldon/Amy or Leonard/Penny pairings. I can guarantee most casual fans love shenny , they are just not vocal and insistent enough because they don't think too much about the show after the episode is over and they turn off the TV. I think the writers know this and are deliberately avoiding it because it scares them. Most casual viewers tolerate Amy and Leonard and are used to them, they probably don't hate Amy or Leonard, but I never get the feeling that Amy and Leonard are loved in the vast majority of viewers. The writers know this, they know there is no TBBT without Sheldon and Penny, whether they are romantic or not. THEy can force a proposal from Sheldon to Amy and try to make them happen as hard as they can but it will fall flat and can't compare to unique Sheldon/Penny moments .
I notice the same thing on clips of Sheldon meeting a new girl who answers his craiglist ad, most people in comments thought it was a missed opportunity and viewed it negatively that he shut the door on her. people preferred her over amy, except for a small minority of defensive amy fans. i think there is a serious disconnect between what the writers want and what the audience want.
The following 7 users Like chaotic temptation's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Ratman77, Idle Miscreant, FlyingSolo, Kimk26, Shelatte, Nutz
Penny needs her old bossy alpha Sheldon. The one who makes her all fired up and passionate, just to get back at him.
And he needs her old kickass junior rodeo Queen Penelope to motivate him even further.

Without that, they're as dead as the canon couples. It isn't just about them being together, there was so much more to Shenny.

With that, they would make their lives a competition/cooperation. Oscars vs Nobel, who gets their prize first. Reach that goal to prove, or die trying. None of that what Amy said in E09 or E22 "Be happy you're healthy and live with your friends" surrender hippy BS, I hate that. Same as I hate Penny calling him a baby now.

[Image: ezgif.com-gif-maker_2.gif]

Old Shenny or nothing.
The following 7 users Like CTR69's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Ratman77, FlyingSolo, Kimk26, FlyingMonkey, Shelatte, Nutz
You guys are all fired up with positively. Big Grin Yes I am gloomy Ratman and two years is a long time either way. Two years of Amy and Sheldon slow marching to the altar. Confused

I love all these posts though...

Chaotic - you are right about the average Joe viewer. There would be as many, if not more, supportive of Shenny as there are the canons. Although it leaves the writers with the issue of what to do with Leonard and Amy. Although I think people would forget that quickly, if they did a good job of Shenny. They have 10x the potential.

I love that gif CTR, there's something about the way they move their bodies as well. EVERYTHING just works. Their differences, their comic timing, their sort of 'DANCE'. They flow like a flowing thang. Big Grin
The following 3 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Ratman77, FlyingSolo, Kimk26
Here's the link to the photos for 11.01

http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/08/the-big...-1101.html

Amy looks like the cat that got the cream but it still looks weird. Huh First of all, what the hell is Sheldon wearing?