SPOILER WARNING: Canon : Season 10
(04-10-2017, 12:05 PM)chaotic temptation Wrote: I am a relative new comer to Shenny coz i haven't shipped them since season 3 and only recently started shipping them again,  and haven't watched the show regularly since season 7.

I wanna know if any members on here have info on relative popularity of Shenny fan fiction compared to Shamy/Lenny and other canon pairings ?

Which character has the most fan fics written about them ?
Which ship has the most fan fics, quantity wise ?
Which ship has the best(quality wise) and most popular fan fics ?
Which is the most popular non cannon pairing ?

Any stats and numbers would also be appreciated ! sorry if my questions sound dumb or if this isn't the right place to ask . i am looking to read Shenny fan fics and i was just curious.

I have some rough stats for seasons 9 and 10, but here's the data I have for seasons 1-8 (Fanfiction) If you have any questions, PM me or post in the Fanfiction section.

http://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/attachment.php?aid=339
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • chaotic temptation
The answers are:

Which character has the most fan fics written about them ? SHELDON

[Image: 37a655_91353f158ee646db9478b8cbdd0af9e6.png]

Which ship has the most fan fics, quantity wise ? SHENNY

Which ship has the best(quality wise) and most popular fan pics ? NOT SURE
Which is the most popular non cannon pairing ? SHENNY

[Image: 37a655_cf3ee28e96d64a5d9048533377b6bbbc.png]

Taking our data from fan fiction.net and collating ALL the Big Bang Theory fan fiction on their website. (Yes, we have a member who actually did this and it took months!!!) Shenny has the most popular fan fiction of all time.

Nutz went through all of them, including fics which hadn't been labeled with a ship and I created a page on the main site. She totalled the 'favorites' each fics and not reviews, as members can post multiple reviews each per chapter, whereas you can only fave the story once.

Of the top 100 fan fics and as of September 21, 2015 Shenny ff had 83% of the Top 100 Big Bang fics. The results are here:

http://www.thebigbangtheoryhq.com/top-100-fan-fictions

[Image: 37a655_b47c7c9729a74339ab4e51b95aad917f.png]

Nutz has since collated the figure again for 2016 and I believe Shenny's total has actually increased which was a big shock for me.
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • CTR69, chaotic temptation
Thanks guys, this was really helpful.
2016 Fanfiction.net Top 200 Big Bang Stories*

- Sheldon/Penny Came in first with a massive 84% (168 Stories)
- Sheldon/Leonard came in second with 6.5% (13 stories)
- Sheldon/Amy came in third with 5.5% (11 stories)
- Sheldon/OC came in fourth with 3.5% (7 stories)
- Leonard/Penny came in with .5% (1 story)

*Data as  of 01/28/2017

Don't forget that every COMPLETED Sheldon/Penny story on Fanfiction and Ao3 (over 1,700) can be found in the 
Fan Fiction Collection
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 3 users Like Nutz's post:
  • CTR69, chaotic temptation, Idle Miscreant
Things I've Learned from The Big Bang Theory Season 10:

1. Previously on TBBT: A 30 second "recap" is in the beginning of most of the episodes. Not sure if that's because it gives the writers 30 seconds less material they have to write, or that they realize the show is so boring and unremarkable now people need a reminder what happened just last week.

2. Time-outs: Amy now kicks Sheldon out of apartments (his, Lenny's, etc.) and makes him sit on the stairs to "think" about what he's done. Seriously? WTF messed up age play shit is this?

3. Sheldon's Manic Mood Swings: In a matter of seconds Sheldon now can go from beautiful minded genius guy who can work on (and solve) two problems at once effortlessly (much to the frustration of Amy, Howard and Leonard), to a tantrum throwing 2 year old.

4. Ramona: She was a breath of fresh air in a stale show. Every scene with Sheldon and her vibrated with a chemistry this show desperately needed. So sad they ultimately used her (just like Penny) to prop up Amy's "plans" for Sheldon.

5. Shenny: Shenny scenes were practically nonexistent again this season (I don't count scenes where they're used to prop up the other ship). There was a delightful laundry scene, but IMO it would've been even better if they allowed them to act the scene out instead of having Penny telling the scene.

Final Thoughts: It's obvious that they are going forward with the slide into the depressing "normalcy" of Engagements, Marriages and babies (with a heavy side order of Mommy Amy and her sexy toddler Sheldon) God help us all.
The following 3 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Jela, Tuesday Pajamas, Idle Miscreant