0%
0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
25.00%
1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

SHAMY WARNING: 10.23 The Gyroscopic Collapse
Actually, if we follow the Staircase Implementation, Sheldon had roommates before Leonard (that guy who warned Leonard to run, for instance). He also had his Mum with him when he went to Germany--until the tornado moved the house and she had to return, but then he was looked after by the housekeeper. So for the most part, Sheldon did 'have' someone around. However, he also did take a cruise to Alaska by himself. I think the thing is that Sheldon wasn't as juvenile-like dependent on other people. Like he said, he has no peers, and so he interacted with people as needed. Now he's need-y. And then there's this frustrating mix up that not giving two pins about some social constructs/interactions somehow now means he is stupid to them.
Let's go exploring!
The following 2 users Like wellplayedpenny's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Gamma
Sheldon seemed to tolerate Leonard in the early years. He needed someone to drive him to work and to maintain his routines and environment. This developed into friendship but in order to write Sheldon as 'funny' TPTB made him less and less independant. This makes him likeable to more people unfotunately.

The Sheldon who made us laugh was prickly and disinterested in others most of the time, with occasion flashes of humanity, that made him fascinating and almost profound. New fans don't like that old Sheldon because he's too complex for them. They like their Sheldon with a goofy grin, getting tipsy on purpose, making mistakes and being corrected. People don't remember the Old Sheldon either, they only remember the moments of vunerability from the early seasons because TPTB use vunerability in his stories almost continuously now. They don't remember that most of the time Sheldon was strong and a true loner. Leonard would leave the apartment and Sheldon wouldn't even know he'd gone. There's an episode where Sheldon is working at his desk and Leonard enters and announces he's "back" and Sheldon says something funny about not noticing. can't recall the one now?

There was a reference to his co-dependance in 10.23 when he says to Amy "I've come to realise that I am completely dependant on you."

During the tag:

Amy: "Do you think its possible you might enjoy being on your own for a little while?"
Sheldon: "It's hard to say, I've never really lived by myself." Morlock Morlock Morlock FFS!!!

I felt like screaming RECON!!!

Look at how overjoyed Sheldon is BEING ALONE.

The following 5 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, CTR69, Toad, Berliner, Nutz
Here he is... the Old Sheldon who only we love... shame the sound is so quiet.

The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Nutz
This is one of the most perfect examples of Vintage Sheldon.

Wine Wine Wine
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 3 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Toad, Nutz
The kiss scene creeps me out. Amy takes care of little child Sheldon like a step-mom. He says he's completely dependent on her, she questions Penny, if he's really a grown and independent man.

Amy even looks 30 years older than him and he acts like a toddler all the time.
Shamy at this point is like some twisted paedo/incest relationship.
Original Sheldon never wanted or asked for any of this.