Season 10 finale speculation
What we know so far about the final two episodes of season 9.

10.23 Amy gets a fellowship to go to Princeton for a bit. Sheldon is sad. Tongue

So mopey sheldon, concerned shamy fans. Cliffhanger set-up. Cue threat...

10.24 Ramona returns and the gang are worried that she's replacing Amy. 

This is how things started with A and S....

[Image: article-0-0D57215A00000578-260_634x386.jpg]

but these days they are more like this! Not different characters at all, right?!!!! Sarcasm

[Image: amy-sheldon-mayim-bialik-jim-parsons-the...ason-8.jpg]

We haven't seen Ramona since they used to write dialogue like this?

[Image: 37a655_90c357fcd5194c7bb401881a78769964.png]

Back in the days when Sheldon easily made everyone swoon, grad students and most definitely ME!!

And since we know they have no intention of returning Sheldon to his former glory now they have successfully turned him into a berk!

Whats does the season cliffhanger really mean?

The cynical amongst us may think that this plot is all about whipping up support for Amy, as Mayim hasn't signed a contract yet (as far as we are being told) and she's trying to score as much cash as she can muster. They want the fans to go all stir crazy and upset and to hold midnight vigils for MB to return to the show, Big Grin when we all know she has no intention of giving up that sweet gig, right? 

NONE of the BB cliffhangers have ever amounted to anything so I'll eat my slippers if this one does. What do you guys think? Has BB lost its ability to surprise? or are changes afoot?
The following 3 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Toad, CTR69, Ratman77
Not that I wouldn't love to see Romona whip Sheldon into getting his intellectual groove back, but I'm sure this storyline is just a (subtle) warning to MB to take the 500k an episode or they'll write her out and since there's no way when push comes to shove she'll turn down that kind of cash this is all much ado about nothing.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
These are some of the best scenes between Sheldon and Ramona. When they were getting on...

Can Sheldon Cooper have chemistry with anyone? YES HE CAN... I actually love seeing someone giggly over Sheldon.

The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • chaotic temptation, Ratman77
I really think the shows writers need to take a long hard look at what they have done to the characters. This video demonstrates just how unfunny s9 has become. I know we rarely laugh out loud at comedy sitcoms these days but BB doesn;t even raise a smile. The quality needs a big up-tick... they need a shake up, they need SHENNY.

The following 3 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • chaotic temptation, CassandraElise, Ratman77
Well, that Ramona could shoot Sheldon with lightspeed back to his charachter of Season 1 and 2......of course not.

But that Ramona could come back is-from my POV-in principle a good thing. The 'confrontation' with her character , and her reaction regarding his current one, could be a kind of first "domino"-stone.

Ramona: "Doctor Cooper, what happened to you?"

Sheldon:" What you mean please?"

Ramona:" Well, where is your superior intellect, your genius mind fo which I have always admired you? And what to hell you find on THIS person(Amy)? She is like Leslie Winkle, she is just nagging at you!"

Ramona to Penny:"And what is about you?"

Penny: " Hmm?"

Ramona: "Why didn't you do anything?"

Penny:" Can you explain it....to me?"

Ramona: "  I already explained it to you. You are in love with Doctor Cooper. That was so and so it is still. And he is it still with you. That is clear to see. Why has it come so far?"

Okay, this is totally exaggerated. But a return of Ramona could be a step to lead the show in another direction. That Penny and Sheldon might begin to think about their pinning and boring lifes because Ramona could be a link, a 'living bridge' to former states.

The problem is if the authors are willing to work out a story-line well.
Because, sometimes it really seems as if they decide their ideas with a dice-set. (To make Bernie pregnant and so on).

The question if "TBBT" is able to surprise.....
Well, it is a TV-show. That means everything is possible (luckily). And there is a point arrived where changes are unavoidable.

The show definitely needs 'SHENNY' Idea Idea Idea
The following 4 users Like Ratman77's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, CTR69, Nutz, devilbk
For a show that owed its original popularity to the first three seasons, they've shown a remarkable propensity towards jettisoning everything that made it unique. Particularly their main comedy duo.
Sheldon and Penny's interactions dominated the vintage years of the show...they are the first scenes the average punter thinks of when contemplating TBBT. Soft Kitty, "Penny, Penny, Penny", the Nimoy napkin, Sheldon and Penny in the emergency room etc. The endless bafflement, snark and challenge that flowed throughout their daily encounters.

They've had one scene together this year. Possibly two. I haven't been watching. It's too fucking painful.

"The Big Bang Theory has settled into a show about three different couples' relationships and seventh wheel Raj."

Note that. Not a show about friendship, or science, or extraordinary individuals. That might still be there, in dribs and drabs, but as soon as there's a couples scene (which is essentially all scenes now - and that is the problem) any vestiges of character interest get sucked into the deadening beige vortex of "relationship humour".

Which is identical regardless of what profession you give your characters. There's nothing unique about Leonard and Penny's dreary "he wore me down" marriage, Bernadette and Howard's infantile husband/shrew wife trope, or Amy and Sheldon's unhappy/oblivious depressing shtick.

Artistically, individuals are interesting, couples rarely are, unless they're opposite extremes. And no, Leonard is not an extreme anything. As a "husband" he's morphed into a dull, complacent, lounge-potato of a character. Penny seems bored out of her once imaginative mind. Wolowitz is excellent on his own, but slips into the henpecked cliche when coupled. Amy could be interesting on her own, but is an unpleasantly clingy, manipulative and spineless wet blanket with Sheldon, whose character her introduction to the show utterly drained the life and intellect out of. 

And let's not even fucking BEGIN on the atrocious vandalism of Sheldon!

(Yes I know I already began)

Just...could you split half the bloody couples up and give us a bit more situation in this comedy? Single character based episodes? Group based episodes (that don't end up with couples squabbling with each other, or making up with each, or...), or god forbid, some old-school Sheldon and Penny episodes? What about more surrealism? Dream episodes, alternate universes? You know, because it's a bloody show ostensibly about sci-fi and fantasy obsessed scientists? Wouldn't that make sense?

And fix Sheldon, he's BROKEN. Bring back intellectual Spock Sheldon, blast you.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 10 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Shellsyke, Jela, CTR69, Tuesday Pajamas, Nutz, Toad, Gamma, FlyingMonkey, chaotic temptation, CassandraElise
The reason they can't break up these couples is that Molaro, particularly, rallies for the rom com hardcore audience who just want happy smoochies and little else. They have to add drama because there's not much else you can do with couples that, aren't SHENNY.
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Toad, Nutz
Speculation - I won't watch. Pretty safe bet. Tongue
The following 5 users Like FlyingMonkey's post:
  • Jela, Tuesday Pajamas, Shennyoy, Nutz, Idle Miscreant
Just heard the news that there is a proposal at the end of this season, so I fully expect all my tumblr trolls to be sending their spiteful hate messages!! Can't wait that bullshit! The Shamys are going to be unbearable.
Oh no, you must watch, Monkey...Just think! A year of Amy planning her wedding!

[Image: FzRDatZ.gif]

Whilst I'm here, I'm going to share this gif of Bernard Black battling a papadum.

[Image: tumblr_lf70s4VES11qze35vo1_400.gif]
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"