50.00%
1 50.00%
3 Dirty Socks
50.00%
1 50.00%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

10.16 The Allowance Evaporation
"Sheldon and Amy have their first fight since moving in together, and Koothrappali is shocked at the realities of financial independence when he stops receiving support from his father"

Morlock Morlock Morlock

Sheldon says to Bert that he and Amy met online. The truth is, he never agreed to online dating, he was never looking for a girlfriend. Howard and Raj fixed Amy up for him without his consent. That's why Shamy is fake from the get-go, something from a dystopian future, where people have no free will left.

"The computer algorithm said this is your perfect mate, so from now on, she's your girlfriend and a future wife!"
"But I want to be with Penny, don't I get any word in this?"
"Sheldon, Penny is NOT your girlfriend! She's the complete opposite, we forbid you from seeing her!"
"I have no feelings towards this woman, how can you be so sure it will work?"
"She's the perfect match in all areas, so shut up, forget Penny and come with us to meet her!"
"NO!"
"The meet-up is already arranged. We paid good money for her plane ticket, you will NOT stood up on her, got it? Besides, you wouldn't want anything bad happen to Penny now, would you?"
"Okay, I'll do it! Please don't hurt Penny."
The following 6 users Like CTR69's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Gamma, Idle Miscreant, Berliner, devilbk, Nutz
That's the thing. Everyone repeats the mantra that Amy is perfect for Sheldon. I have seen it all over FB, everywhere. the writers are very good at creating a idea by saying it may times, like when you hear a song repeated and think you like it when have simply grown used to hearing it.

Amy was his complimentary at one time but she quickly became dissatified. Why did that have to happen? Why couldn't Amy have REALLY loved Sheldon for who he was, instead of just mouthing those words at him but not following through? Sheldon has told Amy he loves her for who she is and you can tell he isn't being dishonest. Shes devious, she never means it. This is why I can not relate to her.

I'm too much of a free spirit. I think people are who they are, you can guide them when they need you, but you can't change them. That's why Sheldon and Penny are the best relationship on the show for me. They fight, they support, they don't have a motive. Perhaps this is because the writers have never tried to make them romantic and therefore something has been maintained.

They don't put them together anymore. And no I don't count scenes where they talk about Amy! They never put them together PROPERLY, not as the Sheldon and Penny from all those brilliant episodes in the past. Sheldon and penny haven't been together alone since 10.05, there were 3 eps this season of note and they were talking about his relationship with Amy in 2 of the 3.
The following 4 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Nutz, Gamma, CTR69
Control the narrative, control the flow of information, you effectively control reality. Especially if something is repeated often enough to a group not inclined to think critically, if it reinforces their prejudices or self-image.
The following 6 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Idle Miscreant, CTR69, Berliner, Nutz, Gamma
*sigh* this is what I believe they have done. Controlled the information by having Penny say snarky things about Sheldon all S10 and no more interaction. He has but one port of call, Amy. I wonder if the fact the writers are so fond of Mayim Bialik, and that she has the most loyal fans in the fandom makes it difficult for any other vision to be considered. Jim works with anyone and he can work Mayim but Jim and Kaley are magic. Given the stage, they would knock it out the park and its heartbreaking because it won't happen, and also good that it doesn't. I fear the writers destroying Shenny with some half-arsed attempt. Done out of spite. that would be the worst. I think it would finish me. I'd become a hacker vigilante sass
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Nutz, Gamma