0%
0 0%
3 Dirty sock
0%
0 0%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

7.14 The Convention Conundrum
(01-22-2014, 08:17 AM)Major Gripe Wrote: Oi Pajamas, to clarify, Gripe "likes" episodes for reasons other than humorous enjoyment. Because they're unusual, or multilayered or a bit dark, perhaps. The Discovery Dissipation turned my stomach, but I still found it rather fascinating. Ditto The Electric Can Opener, the most painful episode of all, in my opinion. In the instance of Bakersfield, however, I merely appreciated not being smothered by the musty blanket of sanctified romance for a change, which S6 was quite heavy with. I also thought Sheldon made a spiffing Data, and hacking into Leonard's GPS was a stroke of villainous genius. The diner scene, however, ENRAGED me. For all the reasons mentioned above. Sheldon is meant to be PROUD of who he is for fucksake, and unswerving in his devotion to his various passions. It's what makes him stand out from the rest. The writers evidently just felt like knocking him down a peg, to make him "human". I tell you, humanity is a hell of a lot more things than being mocked and broken.

I'm sorry, I'm meant to be writing my bloody book aren't I....DAMN these forums!
As you were, as you were...

THIS ^ THIS. I find it extremely difficult to believe that Sheldon would give one wit about the opinions of a bunch of yokels in a diner. I'm far less of a nerdy genius than Sheldon, and yet every year I go to the Renaissance Fair in costume and then go out to eat afterwards IN COSTUME and I don't give a rat's ass if people are staring at me. I'm just like, "That's right, I'm a Renaissance princess. Deal with it, bitches." So if I don't have a problem with my geekiness, why on earth would Sheldon, the Homo Novus? It's just soooooo OOC! Angry
The following 4 users Like CassandraElise's post:
  • Wisp, Berliner, Jislane35, Idle Miscreant
(01-22-2014, 09:10 PM)CassandraElise Wrote:
(01-22-2014, 08:17 AM)Major Gripe Wrote: Oi Pajamas, to clarify, Gripe "likes" episodes for reasons other than humorous enjoyment. Because they're unusual, or multilayered or a bit dark, perhaps. The Discovery Dissipation turned my stomach, but I still found it rather fascinating. Ditto The Electric Can Opener, the most painful episode of all, in my opinion. In the instance of Bakersfield, however, I merely appreciated not being smothered by the musty blanket of sanctified romance for a change, which S6 was quite heavy with. I also thought Sheldon made a spiffing Data, and hacking into Leonard's GPS was a stroke of villainous genius. The diner scene, however, ENRAGED me. For all the reasons mentioned above. Sheldon is meant to be PROUD of who he is for fucksake, and unswerving in his devotion to his various passions. It's what makes him stand out from the rest. The writers evidently just felt like knocking him down a peg, to make him "human". I tell you, humanity is a hell of a lot more things than being mocked and broken.

I'm sorry, I'm meant to be writing my bloody book aren't I....DAMN these forums!
As you were, as you were...

THIS ^ THIS. I find it extremely difficult to believe that Sheldon would give one wit about the opinions of a bunch of yokels in a diner. I'm far less of a nerdy genius than Sheldon, and yet every year I go to the Renaissance Fair in costume and then go out to eat afterwards IN COSTUME and I don't give a rat's ass if people are staring at me. I'm just like, "That's right, I'm a Renaissance princess. Deal with it, bitches." So if I don't have a problem with my geekiness, why on earth would Sheldon, the Homo Novus? It's just soooooo OOC! Angry

Summarising perfectly the complete lack of disregard that the writers have for their characters. I just do not understand how the show could plummet so rapidly from perceptive to insensitive...
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
The following 1 user Likes Wisp's post:
  • Jislane35
(01-21-2014, 11:25 PM)CassandraElise Wrote:
(01-21-2014, 09:01 AM)taffinabean Wrote: At least no ships!! The only thing (yes I'm a Debbie Downer) is how they have the obligatory geek chic episode a season yet make it kind of depressing. Last season it just made them look stupid and humiliated breaking down and not making it to Bakersfield, now they're locked out of Comic Con.

Knowing our luck, the writers will make James Earl Jones say to Sheldon, "What are you doing chasing after me, young man? You should be at home with that nice girlfriend of yours sucking face." Dodgy

(Sorry, I'm a bit paranoid, given certain spoilers).

I will lose it if TPTB use James Earl Jones or Carrie Fisher to push the Shamy or Lenny for that matter.
The following 1 user Likes Trust No One's post:
  • Jislane35
(01-23-2014, 12:16 AM)ses1515 Wrote:
(01-21-2014, 11:25 PM)CassandraElise Wrote:
(01-21-2014, 09:01 AM)taffinabean Wrote: At least no ships!! The only thing (yes I'm a Debbie Downer) is how they have the obligatory geek chic episode a season yet make it kind of depressing. Last season it just made them look stupid and humiliated breaking down and not making it to Bakersfield, now they're locked out of Comic Con.

Knowing our luck, the writers will make James Earl Jones say to Sheldon, "What are you doing chasing after me, young man? You should be at home with that nice girlfriend of yours sucking face." Dodgy

(Sorry, I'm a bit paranoid, given certain spoilers).

I will lose it if TPTB use James Earl Jones or Carrie Fisher to push the Shamy or Lenny for that matter.

Oh, they will... somehow. Undecided
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
The following 1 user Likes Wisp's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas
We STILL have a week to find out. Always such a long break this time of year. How dare the actors and crew take a breather. Tongue
(01-22-2014, 05:59 PM)Major Gripe Wrote:
(01-22-2014, 05:48 PM)Moonbase Wrote: I have high hopes for this episode when we consider *spoiler ahead* the horrendous drivel to come. I hope this one is good enough to make up for what what are about to endure.

What's wrong with nine-fingered banjo playing? Dear god that sounds like a euphemism...

There will be plenty more where that came from soon enough, although not nearly enough sedatives available once the squeeing begins.

Making an asexual character develop desires was going to be a big enough stretch as it was before you even take into account their choice of seductress. Is that hell bells I hear? It's almost as if they dislike him intensively. *sigh*
The following 1 user Likes Moonbase's post:
  • Jislane35

OH PLEASE...
(01-26-2014, 06:35 PM)thetoadoftruth Wrote:

Thanks for posting. Smile

Not sure how funny this looks from the promo though. It reminds me a little of the Transporter episode with Leonard Nimoy. Which was disappointing, sadly. I'm a big Star Trek fan as well. Also, Sheldon with a life size Teddy? He's a toddler once more and this is my least favorite depletion of our hero. But we'll see, it doesn't show much.

Sorry, bit off topic but I just imagined Sheldon designing his own superhero costume, Doctor Novuso. It would be purple with an atom on the front.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jislane35
Unfortunately, TPTB have a habit of getting great people to guest star and not following through. They figure just having the person on is enough to draw in viewers(and it is) so they don't put much effort in that storyline. We will see, maybe it's funnier than it looks. I am with you on Sheldon as toddler, enough already.
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
The following 2 users Like Gamma's post:
  • Trust No One, Jislane35
(01-26-2014, 11:15 PM)Gamma12 Wrote: Unfortunately, TPTB have a habit of getting great people to guest star and not following through. They figure just having the person on is enough to draw in viewers(and it is) so they don't put much effort in that storyline. We will see, maybe it's funnier than it looks. I am with you on Sheldon as toddler, enough already.

Yes and what is Sheldon going to do with an over-sized teddy bear? It's not like it's a collectable.

But as you wrote, it might be funnier on the night. He's hoping.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jislane35