Addendum to Philosophical Shenny
In Penny's case I have a hard time accepting her manacling herself to an insecure little man who preys on her sympathies for sex and is so disgustingly pleased with himself for having secured a trophy girlfriend that he more than encourages her to display her "assets" so that he'll have a better chance at tenure as quote unquote growth. (Someone please explain to me how boobies = tenure.)

And, Sheldon. Whenever he and Amy have a scene together now, the poor man seems to be so weighted down with the grim realization that at some point he's going to have to service m'lady that it's genuinely painful to watch. That might just be my own projection there though.

I'm unashamed to say that that brought a small lump to my throat. Poor Sheldon. And poor Penny.

It seems to me like the writers cheated these two in particular into a pair of poorly realised relationships that could have been beautiful, but aren't.

I was initially worried that Jim and Kaley in particular had lost their touch, but now I'm starting to think that it probably is more down to the writing and the strange Carry On reminiscent directing of the scenes that are designed for the biggest laughs (E.g Sheldon/Amy spanking, pie-eating contest etc.) Fine in a dated 60s comedy, not in a show that celebrates intelligence. I can't explain it. The show now seems to alternate between embarrassingly raucous and offputtingly OOC moments with little real wit in between to draw it all together.

Oh and that gif is fabulous, Toad.

(01-03-2014, 09:38 AM)Major Gripe Wrote:
(01-01-2014, 11:12 AM)Martha Wrote: The show was about the exceptional and now to make the viewership happy has sunk into the quotidien so drearily mundane that Sheldon is now the clueless hen-pecked boob and Penny the dim bimbo. I'm sure at the end of the series they each will buy a nice little house near the good schools and drive off into the sunset in their minivans. Even Amy was funny in the beginning, abrasive, self-absorbed, brilliant but we can't have that. I remember with glee Jim, Mayim and Kaley's delicious dinner scene where they discuss the number of Penny's sexual partners..more or less.

I think we once suggested that at the end Penny would heave a control panel through the window, after suffocating the lobotomised Sheldon with a pillow.
It would probably be either a Hello Kitty or Star Wars pillow...just to be more poignant...

Oh God I don't know what's worse. Minivans or smothering.

Jesus.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
The following 1 user Likes Wisp's post:
  • Jislane35

Messages In This Thread
RE: Addendum to Philosophical Shenny - by Toad - 12-12-2013, 04:45 AM
RE: Addendum to Philosophical Shenny - by Wisp - 01-03-2014, 11:52 PM
RE: Addendum to Philosophical Shenny - by Martha - 01-01-2014, 11:12 AM
RE: Addendum to Philosophical Shenny - by Nutz - 01-26-2014, 04:27 AM
RE: Addendum to Philosophical Shenny - by Wisp - 01-03-2014, 11:21 PM
RE: Addendum to Philosophical Shenny - by Toad - 01-04-2014, 05:24 AM
RE: Addendum to Philosophical Shenny - by Nutz - 02-15-2014, 02:34 PM