0%
0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

10.14 The Emotion Detection Automation
Raj has a Ph.D in Astrophysics, he has been working in this profession for at least 10 years. According to 2016 census, Astrophysicists with 10+ years of experience make $87,620 -$120,000 a year. Even if he was renting a pricier apartment in Pasadena (elevator that works, Gym, Pool, Sauna, dog friendly) we're talking $2000-$2200 a month. (At the most $26,500 a year). So what the hell is his father paying for? I'm so sick of this crap that if you're single you are either depressed/lonely and creepy, or are acting like a 10 year old and need your mommy and daddy to pay for everything (even when you're making good money).

I did like the banter in this episode between Raj and Howard, but sometimes it's almost worse when they throw in these vintage moments because you're reminded of what could have (should have) been. The end of the episode about getting married to each other in x amount of years if Howards marriage fails and Raj can't find anyone was adorable, but about 5 years to late to mean anything. Plus did anyone else find it weird that Howard was talking about the possibility that his marriage to Bernadette might fail, just months after he had a baby.

Sheldon's storyline would have made sense before season 6, but since we have seen that he knows what's going on around him in past episodes, this slide back seemed forced and was only there so Amy could pet him like a dog and say she loves him exactly like he is, which is a surprise to me considering she's been doing everything she can to change his habits before this episode. Adding insult to injury, the actual "device" looked like it was made of $5 worth of plastic, glue and a cheap handle you get a hardware store. I guess they didn't want to pay for the rights to show either the Google Glass Emotion Detector or Microsoft's Cognitive Services Emotion API. Or maybe the writers are just lazy and didn't do any homework (I'm leaning toward the 2nd one).
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 2 users Like Nutz's post:
  • devilbk, Gamma

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10.14 The Emotion Detection Automation - by Nutz - 02-14-2017, 05:11 AM