0%
0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

10.14 The Emotion Detection Automation
"Raj (Kunal Nayyar) holds a focus group of his ex-girlfriends to determine what has gone wrong in his previous relationships. Hence, Emily (Laura Spencer), Claire (Alessandra Torresani), Lucy (Kate Micucci), and Emily (Katie Leclerc) all return to weigh in."

The promo shots are out...

[Image: 10.16%20penny_zpstxtx8dq5.jpg]

Nice block here, could almost be a Sheldon and Penny image (chance would be a fine thing)

[Image: 10.16%20sheldon%20with%20emotion%20box_zpseuj413dk.jpg]

[Image: 10.16%20full%20group_zpsppdkuv5s.jpg] 
What if his machine detected an affection from Penny? It's an interesting plot device, revealing the lies and manipulation...

"What are you saying? That I'm attracted to you, instead of Leonard?"

"This device does not lie, Penny. The readings suggest much higher levels of happiness, when we're around each other. Look. Here's me and Amy. A flat line. Much like you and Leonard. But here's us."

"Holy crap on a cracker." She gasps, staring into the graphs, disappearing outside the limits.  

"See the synchronized levels in neurotransmitter activity and hormone levels? We're... Soulmates, Penny. There's no other way I can explain this. For years, I tried to understand why you affect me the way you do. Why I tolerate you world of chaos and entropy you brought into my life. Now I have my answer." Sheldon looked into her eyes.

"You can't plot love, Sheldon. It's... impossible." Penny began to sob. She knew deep inside, he was right.

OK, I'm getting way over it, lol. Yeah, they're irresistible this way.
The following 6 users Like CTR69's post:
  • shennyari, lilyben3, Nutz, FlyingSolo, Shellsyke, Ratman77
(01-28-2017, 01:02 AM)CTR69 Wrote: What if his machine detected an affection from Penny? It's an interesting plot device, revealing the lies and manipulation...

"What are you saying? That I'm attracted to you, instead of Leonard?"

"This device does not lie, Penny. The readings suggest much higher levels of happiness, when we're around each other. Look. Here's me and Amy. A flat line. Much like you and Leonard. But here's us."

"Holy crap on a cracker." She gasps, staring into the graphs, disappearing outside the limits.  

"See the synchronized levels in neurotransmitter activity and hormone levels? We're... Soulmates, Penny. There's no other way I can explain this. For years, I tried to understand why you affect me the way you do. Why I tolerate you world of chaos and entropy you brought into my life. Now I have my answer." Sheldon looked into her eyes.

"You can't plot love, Sheldon. It's... impossible." Penny began to sob. She knew deep inside, he was right.

OK, I'm getting way over it, lol. Yeah, they're irresistible this way.

Good idea for an episode fix pic CTR.
Looks like people are finally tiring of the lack of story on BB. With someone in the comments saying "The show seems to have evolved into programming for people who don't like surprises." How perfectly put!

http://www.vulture.com/2017/02/the-big-b...de-14.html
The following 4 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • chaotic temptation, Nutz, Ratman77, Shellsyke
Sheldon: "[To Raj]: Of course you are fine! Not every member of a species finds a mate, Sir Isaac Newton died a virgin, look at the contributions he made."
Raj: "I'm not a virgin Sheldon."
Sheldon: "So you think you're better than Isaac Newton?"

And the same could be said for Nikola Tesla. New!Sheldon is just plain stupid now ...

But the best line was this one:

Amy: "[To Sheldon]: And if you don't like that machine, get rid of it. Because I love you exactly the way you are".

And I couldn't believe that Amy really said that. I mean it's so profoundly wrong, I don't even know where to start ...
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß
The following 2 users Like Berliner's post:
  • Ratman77, Idle Miscreant
"Because I love you exactly the way you are"

If at the end of this line the word "now" would be, then a little honesty (and sense) could be seen. But so.....
In view of how she manipulated and transformed him this line is really the pure mockery. Puke
It is so wrong and incoherent that is it not believable that it is really serious.
Sometimes it really seems as if for each episode now another author would be engaged, who has never seen all the previous episodes.

Really.

P.S.1: CTR69 (Keyline: "What if his machine detected an affection from Penny?") I had such a thought, too. Wink  It could have been the perfect occasion for a turn like this. Damn authors. Angry

P.S.2: The picture where Penny/Miss Cuoco is sitting on the couch,.....she looks so beatiful. Heart She looks as if she would sit like a model for a portrait. If I could be a professional painter  ........Sorry. Me and my fantasies, Blush .................................and hug-impulses. Blush Blush Blush

P.S.3: Again to the authors:

IT IS

[Image: 1d8acd8c6e8e337ce31bef84a8636491.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Ratman77's post:
  • Idle Miscreant
I just watched that episode and thought the same thing. There is no way that granny-knickers "I want a normal boyfriend" sneaky, game-playing changeling has ever accepted Sheldon AS HE IS. One minute she hates sci-fi and all his hobbies, the next she's pretending she's a nerd to get sex. She's never been into Star Trek, or Harry Potter, or Doctor Who. She's a big old fake. It's called MANIPULATION. Pretending to like something to get sex. Sound familar? Amy is Leonard.
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • chaotic temptation, Idle Miscreant
Raj has a Ph.D in Astrophysics, he has been working in this profession for at least 10 years. According to 2016 census, Astrophysicists with 10+ years of experience make $87,620 -$120,000 a year. Even if he was renting a pricier apartment in Pasadena (elevator that works, Gym, Pool, Sauna, dog friendly) we're talking $2000-$2200 a month. (At the most $26,500 a year). So what the hell is his father paying for? I'm so sick of this crap that if you're single you are either depressed/lonely and creepy, or are acting like a 10 year old and need your mommy and daddy to pay for everything (even when you're making good money).

I did like the banter in this episode between Raj and Howard, but sometimes it's almost worse when they throw in these vintage moments because you're reminded of what could have (should have) been. The end of the episode about getting married to each other in x amount of years if Howards marriage fails and Raj can't find anyone was adorable, but about 5 years to late to mean anything. Plus did anyone else find it weird that Howard was talking about the possibility that his marriage to Bernadette might fail, just months after he had a baby.

Sheldon's storyline would have made sense before season 6, but since we have seen that he knows what's going on around him in past episodes, this slide back seemed forced and was only there so Amy could pet him like a dog and say she loves him exactly like he is, which is a surprise to me considering she's been doing everything she can to change his habits before this episode. Adding insult to injury, the actual "device" looked like it was made of $5 worth of plastic, glue and a cheap handle you get a hardware store. I guess they didn't want to pay for the rights to show either the Google Glass Emotion Detector or Microsoft's Cognitive Services Emotion API. Or maybe the writers are just lazy and didn't do any homework (I'm leaning toward the 2nd one).
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 2 users Like Nutz's post:
  • devilbk, Gamma