Trolls and the like
(03-05-2014, 10:28 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: First of all welcome DefyGravity18!

There seems to be one or maybe two of these individuals - and yes, they use different accounts Smile there's a desperate edge in the posts which is recognisable. Is that troll still around? Or has he given up on his mission?

I actually haven't seen him around in a while but all I see is this new one called 'pennyfan' who's even more annoying than the last one. This one always scolds us for using the Arctic expedition and that we 'need to get over it', 'Sheldon only embarrassed himself and the science community so it's his own fault' and we bring it up in our stories just to 'purposely make Leonard look bad'.

......really now?
The following 1 user Likes Jislane35's post:
  • muaaimoi
(03-05-2014, 10:38 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: I'm wondering if he's moved on to another show. Tongue

Probably just waiting for a couple months for the Shenny fics to pile up before he goes and gives them the your an delusional idiot review. Actually I think you've been lucky, I saw some of his posts last week. He's going under sheldonh8tsshenny2 nice to see he's creative Rolleyes

(03-05-2014, 10:41 PM)Jislane35 Wrote: I actually haven't seen him around in a while but all I see is this new one called 'pennyfan' who's even more annoying than the last one. This one always scolds us for using the Arctic expedition and that we 'need to get over it', 'Sheldon only embarrassed himself and the science community so it's his own fault' and we bring it up in our stories just to 'purposely make Leonard look bad'.

......really now?

What a complete and total asshat.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 2 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Jislane35, muaaimoi
(03-05-2014, 10:44 PM)Dsnynutz Wrote: Probably just waiting for a couple months for the Shenny fics to pile up before he goes and gives them the your an delusional idiot review. Actually I think you've been lucky, I saw some of his posts last week. He's going under sheldonh8tsshenny2 nice to see he's creative Rolleyes

What a complete and total asshat.

Actually I believe I got sheldonh8tsshenny2 bounced from ff.net so beware the coming of sheldonh8tsshenny3. I also bounced the prequels. Block, report and expose. That's what I say.
The following 3 users Like devilbk's post:
  • Jislane35, Nutz, muaaimoi
I've been trolled by Mr. (or is it Ms.) "Delusional" recently. The thing that really amazes me is that the trolls are calling Shenny fans "hateful" for shipping a non-canon pairing, while their reviews are almost psychotic. I can't imagine what kind of people these trolls are in real life. And yeah, you almost have to feel sorry for them. "Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks." I wouldn't want to be them for a billion dollars.
The following 4 users Like Daedaleopsis's post:
  • Jislane35, devilbk, Idle Miscreant, muaaimoi
From what I have noticed, the trolls call the Shenny writers "hateful" because of the way most Shenny writers deal with and write Leonard, and maybe Amy too. Not all but many Shenny fans and writers - quite understandably - have criticism of the characters Leonard and Amy and of the canon relationships and find a lot of injustice in how some of the plots and some of the characters are dealt with on the show, so they try to voice those criticisms in their stories and to put right what they think is wrong.

The trolls on the other hand have a different interpretation of the show and the relationships and also seem to identify with and love the characters of Leonard and Amy, so the way some Shenny writers write Leonard and Amy upsets and unsettles them. Hence the "hateful" comments. I remember reading a troll's comment for a Shenny fanfic about how "the show is about love and friendship and the characters are all such good friends on the show and look at these Shenny writers with their 'black hearts' writing 'hateful' stories about lovely characters"!

Of course the tolls are entitled to their interpretation of the show and its characters and its relationships, but what I think they are missing is that the Shenny fans and writers are also entitled to their interpretation of the show and its characters, and it is their right to have the freedom to express their interpretation in the form of fanfiction. But not only do the trolls seem to ignore this fact, but they also deliberately go to Shenny stories, read them, get all riled up because of how the writers have dealt with their favorite characters or relationships, and then bash the writers. If you don't agree with a writers' way of handling a character/plot, either express it politely in your review or just stop reading the fanfic, back away, leave the fanfic, its writer and its readers alone and go read something you enjoy. Why waste your time reading a fiction that gives you no enjoyment? There are lots of fanfics out there that you may enjoy and that have handled the characters the way you like and they are only a few clicks away. Why read a fanfic you don't like and then bully its writer and its fans (i.e. real people)? I just don't get it.
The following 6 users Like FranEssi's post:
  • Nutz, Jislane35, queenoftheDales, muaaimoi, lilyben3, Gamma
Yes everybody is entitled to their opinion, even Lenny & Shamy trolls. The difference is I NEVER click on a story that says canon ship, Lenny or Shamy and then personally attack the people for being idiots for going along with couples so bad for each other that it borders on pathological just cause it's "canon". I don't go click on a story that says Shamy and tell them they should get professional help if they think the Amy's manipulative and sexual predator act is sexy, or that they are complete pathetic losers if they think the way Sheldon talks to Amy is romantic.

These trolls tell us that we're hateful and to get a life cause this is just a show, but they're usually the first ones to act like we talking about killing the President or Prime Minster when writing about appropriate ways to deal with Leonard & Amy.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 4 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Jislane35, devilbk, muaaimoi, Idle Miscreant
I think in a lot of cases the critics don't even read the material. I know when I was attacked I was told I was just spouting off run of the mill Shenny stuff. Then I killed Sheldon and that seemed to shut them up. Cool But what irks me is when they pick on new writers who might not have the confidence in their writing. I know when I wrote my first story it was kinda rough in the early days having next to no reviews so I don't know how I would have reacted if the reviews I did get were so soul-sucking negative, particularly what I've seen writers put up with over the last year and a half. Really ticks me seeing the just-being-a-douche negative reviews. Morlock
Let's go exploring!
The following 3 users Like wellplayedpenny's post:
  • Jislane35, muaaimoi, Gamma
I was first attacked by the trolls because I mentioned Leonard and Arctic in the same story. It was probably the most IC story I've ever written. The shelsonh8shenny creep went through my succeeding stories chapter by chapter. It made me kind of happy I tend to write long stories. Must've taken most of a day for him/her to do it. I kind of hope that someday I'll inspire a severe physical reaction on their part. Is that mean of me? They take their position as Leonard Protector way too seriously.
The following 3 users Like devilbk's post:
  • Jislane35, Nutz, muaaimoi
Hmm, I really don't understand trolls. Like-on a fundamental level. I'm not the type to start a confrontation, but I am usually more than happy to end it. I just get pretty mad on ff because I can't reply properly, and I have many choice words for these people. Thought I did tend to rant at them preemptively, mostly out of frustration. I'm not good at walking away from arguments, or ignoring behavior I dislike. I know I was supposed to ignore them and whatever, but I just couldn't.

A lot of my friends are supper sensitive about their writing, and really will delete a story they worked super hard on just because some waste of space had something negative to say obnoxiously. I hate the thought of good shenny authors packing their bags because they took a trolls vitriol personally. The whole situation kind of pisses me off.

I haven't had a troll in a while actually. Lucky me, I guess.
The following 1 user Likes muaaimoi's post:
  • Jislane35
I was this close >< to taking TPP down, because I was so disgusted with the whole bullshit going on. I'm sure that would have delighted the sad bastards. And that was all pre-Amy. I haven't written anything to attract Shamy ire.

Yet. (Raj's Rabbit King voice)
The following 4 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • muaaimoi, Jislane35, queenoftheDales, Will_I_BGraded_OnThis