Trolls and the like
Ok I may be breaking a rule somewhere talking about this, but I'm sitting here waiting for it to stop raining...anyway over on FF and most other sites I as a rule only read Shenny stories as really that's all I like but why do so called 'trolls' review a story just to slag it off if you don't like it don't read it. There is one troll who posts the same vile review for every story...why? Do they get a kick out of it or what?
Sorry I know this site is not here for me to rant on but its safer here I once did it on a open site and you would not believe some of the things I was calledSad
The following 3 users Like stock2007's post:
  • Jislane35, muaaimoi, Will_I_BGraded_OnThis
They want rid of us. They don't want fans of Sheldon and Penny to have any presence on the internet at all. Most canon shippers are happy to ignore shennys. They never search our tag on tumblr and never open our FF pages. But there's a small charmless minority who are hell bent on telling us "it will never happen" in as vulgar terms as they can muster. We are seen as a threat because let's face it, there's more of us than they would like and Sheldon and Penny are bloody fabulous!
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jislane35, muaaimoi
By now the trollish comments are so over the top it's hard to take them seriously. It's obvious that particular troll thinks s/he's 'oh so smart' and falls in love with his/her own witticisms about the 'delusional Shenny'. All I can say is that I'm glad that particular troll hasn't written his/her own fan fiction because if the creativity shown in his/her reviews is an indication it'd be repetitive, self-indulgent navel-gazing and extremely juvenile.
The following 3 users Like wellplayedpenny's post:
  • Jislane35, muaaimoi, Gamma

Just the idea of Bernie catching Howard clicking a trolls brains out!!!!!!
The following 2 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Jislane35, muaaimoi
So first of all, hi. lol.

I guess it's appropriate as ever that I comment on this topic first.

I've come to the conclusion that these people who set out to hurt others and hide behind anonymity are A. Cowards and B. Have nothing in their lives which leads them to make other people miserable so that they don't feel bad. I've also come to see that a lot of people are jealous, which then makes them retaliate.

I don't understand it. As writers, we are all creative and wonderful people. Shouldn't we be supporting and encouraging that creativity rather than trying to ruin someone's joy?

What concerned me about this troll in particular though, was that s/he was looking up my personal info and posting obscene things about myself and another user even to the point of accusing us of being the same person, which is flattering in a way since he's a wonderful writer but also insulting because it was insinuating that we would create two separate accounts to boost our review count.

Before I ever wrote for Shenny, the most I'd ever gotten review wise was 100 reviews on a story. Believe me. Reviews are not the reason I write. I write because I love to write, for me.

But I'm not angry with that troll anymore. I just feel sorry for them now because their life was so empty they had to try and make mine miserable. I really hope they've found the satisfaction they were looking for.
The following 3 users Like DefyGravity18's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Jislane35, muaaimoi
Welcome to the party.
Welcome, Gravity! So glad you've joined us here! And sorry to hear about the aggressive trolling you've been subjected to - it's all so ridiculous.

We have a welcome mat thread, The Sanctum of Burning Souls, in the Weltschmerz forum if you want to tell us a little about yourself.
OH PLEASE...
The following 1 user Likes Toad's post:
  • muaaimoi
First of all welcome DefyGravity18!

There seems to be one or maybe two of these individuals - and yes, they use different accounts Smile there's a desperate edge in the posts which is recognisable. Is that troll still around? Or has he given up on his mission?
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jislane35, muaaimoi
I have not heard from that troll since I believe April or May of last year but I still get tense when I get a guest review on ff, lol.
The following 1 user Likes DefyGravity18's post:
  • muaaimoi
(03-05-2014, 10:35 PM)DefyGravity18 Wrote: I have not heard from that troll since I believe April or May of last year but I still get tense when I get a guest review on ff, lol.

I'm wondering if he's moved on to another show. Tongue
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • muaaimoi