Sheldon's Kryptonite - Mary Cooper
(02-23-2014, 01:23 AM)Jislane35 Wrote: They're gonna have her adore Amy to bits and pieces and brag about how 'well suited' she is for her Shelly along with Meemaw as well. Morlock They'll probably even stop her from lecturing him on fornicating LOL.

I hope not. Mary Cooper already voiced a dislike for the Shamy too (mother knows best Big Grin) . I don't know how much that means now with how tptb has continuity amnesia. Dodgy
The following 1 user Likes queenoftheDales's post:
  • Jislane35
(02-23-2014, 01:37 AM)Jislane35 Wrote: Everyone would be lucky to have a mom like her, I honestly don't understand what Sheldon had against her as a kid I mean it's obvious that he loves her but there are times when he just seems a little annoyed with her (I suppose its based on her religious views while he sees things through logic) even though she's just doing her job on being a responsible parent by keeping him in line. Amy does such a horrible job at doing it to the point where it's nothing but emotionally abusive (this is one of the many signs of her being a horrible mother) and I wonder how Mary wood react to that horrible kind of behavior.

My mom is the pretty much the exact same bible thumpin' outspoken character from Dallas. (maybe its something in the water)Tongue my mom's catchphrase is 'lordamercy' and I grew up on fried chicken, greens and crisco Big Grin

I identify with Sheldon and his relationship with Mary. She may be overbearing at times but its just because she is looking out for the well being of her Shelly Bean.

Mary Cooper would not be approvin' of all the sin going on with Sheldon. The drinkin', ass slappin'? Gomorrah indeed
[Image: tumblr_m066gsCDbX1qgp5gmo11_r1_250.gif]
The following 2 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • Jislane35, Toad
(02-23-2014, 01:37 AM)Jislane35 Wrote: Everyone would be lucky to have a mom like her, I honestly don't understand what Sheldon had against her as a kid I mean it's obvious that he loves her but there are times when he just seems a little annoyed with her (I suppose its based on her religious views while he sees things through logic) even though she's just doing her job on being a responsible parent by keeping him in line. Amy does such a horrible job at doing it to the point where it's nothing but emotionally abusive (this is one of the many signs of her being a horrible mother) and I wonder how Mary wood react to that horrible kind of behavior.

I always wanted Penny to ask Sheldon why he treats his mom so poorly since she never deserves his scorn. The old Penny would have told him he was lucky to have a mom like him. She could have forced him to go through school like a normal kid (like Leonard's mom), she could have pushed him more and more into church to exercise the "demons" that were in him, instead She got him away from the bullies and his drunken father, she put aside her personal feelings and let him go to College at 12. I wanted Penny to tell him all of that and the fact his mom probably cried at night worrying about him, hoping she did the right thing, hoping that he would grow up knowing that she loved him enough to let him go and be the beautiful mind that he is.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • Jislane35
[Image: aunt-jackie_240.jpg] I've been trying to imagine Sheldon's childhood. (poetic License>) This is what Mary looked like. I think she and Sheldon's father had a tempestuous, wild time together. She on strawberry wine, he on Kmart bourbon. I think they had little time for Sheldon, and he learnt how to be independent, and a thinker. His grandma was probably the only person who took him seriously. When their epic love exploded, Sheldon's father turned to a blonde barmaid, and Mary turned to Christ. Sheldon escaped to Pasadena.
The following 6 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Jislane35, lewstonewar, Toad, Nutz, Idle Miscreant, Louise
[Image: BnoJ8c7IUAMfEU9.jpg:large]

Metcalf with bonus Gilbert!
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 2 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, ricardo shillyshally
I'm watching whole S7 episodes, now, barely a chuckle. I now am much more aware of how we are manipulated by laugh tracks, but also tense violins in horror films. This was a bizarre ,e18> they couldn't even come up with a clever title,...LAZY!!!! This made me laugh> ' Sheldon: You may have a point. I love my mother. Even if she fornicates like a demonic weasel.'(changes how I see Mary!) One reason boys don't grow up at the right time, is because their single mothers come to rely on them emotionally, and want to keep them unable to become independent. Sheldon seeing his mother having sex, and talking about it, would have been the perfect time for him to reassess their relationship, which he was willing to do, and then become an independent adult. But the writers have her get all righteous, and send him to his room. LET HIM GROW UP!!! Auspicious beginnings for Sheldon! Does it say K-Mart on his birth cert?[Image: tumblr_m066gsCDbX1qgp5gmo1_r1_250.gif]
The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • queenoftheDales
Fav quote etc> ' Back home, there’s a girl works at the Wal-Mart. Tall, tall girl. Woman could hunt geese with a rake'(It's S5e6! pickings are slim)[Image: 3jgszalln1ts.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • queenoftheDales
[Image: 2n07p8l.jpg]
OH PLEASE...
The following 2 users Like Toad's post:
  • Trust No One, Idle Miscreant
(08-08-2015, 04:51 AM)Toad Wrote: [Image: 2n07p8l.jpg]

Mom! Heart