Sheldon's Kryptonite - Mary Cooper
(01-18-2014, 02:05 PM)Dsnynutz Wrote: I await with bated breath the scene where Amy explains to Mary all the things she's done to make her son a better boyfriend, not to mention finding out that Amy gets most of her funding from her middle eastern fiancé. (So many places in Texas to bury a body). Wink

I would love to see a major conflict between Mary & Amy but it won't happen. The Shamys are in total control of the show. Nothing will stand in the way of the "true love" of Sheldon & Amy.
(01-19-2014, 03:43 AM)FlyingMonkey Wrote:
(01-18-2014, 02:05 PM)Dsnynutz Wrote: I await with bated breath the scene where Amy explains to Mary all the things she's done to make her son a better boyfriend, not to mention finding out that Amy gets most of her funding from her middle eastern fiancé. (So many places in Texas to bury a body). Wink

I would love to see a major conflict between Mary & Amy but it won't happen. The Shamys are in total control of the show. Nothing will stand in the way of the "true love" of Sheldon & Amy.

Big Grin Yes you can bet your bottom dollar that Mary will appear and miraculously fall out of character and adore Amy. And to further drive the point home, they will bring in Meemaw for no other purpose but to solidify AFF's position. Am I cynical? noooooo whatever gave you that idea?
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Toad, CassandraElise
(01-16-2014, 02:59 AM)thetoadoftruth Wrote: The only one who seems to know where the re-set button is located...

[Image: erc3yp.jpg]

[Image: einkh3.jpg]

[Image: 21al40o.jpg]

I love Mary and Missy! I still cannot believe Sheldon did not want Spock to take him away. Tongue

(01-17-2014, 05:07 PM)Major Gripe Wrote: Mary gets on with Penny like a house on fire on top of a burning tire-factory doused in jet-fuel. Ie, very bloody well indeed. I was just discussing with Toad how very much Mary is like a darker, twisted version of Penny. What with all the "When I was your age, you could have me for a car ride and a bottle of strawberry wine." and "Jesus would forgive her if she put ground glass in my dad's meatloaf."
They're both protective of Sheldon despite him "creeping the bejesus" out of them, but Mary is also motherly (for rather blindingly obvious reasons) whereas Penny is nurturing. Mary's met Amy, and seemed rather unsettled. It wasn't WARM anyroad. I cannot fathom how Mary, Missy or Meemaw would ever sit well with Amy, who often seems contemptuous of those with lower intellectual or moral standings. Sheldon's family appear to be rampant, outspoken individuals with a great deal of personal pride. I don't see how they would tolerate being looked down on.

The fact that the spokespersons backpedalled over the Meemaw issue strikes me as incredibly feeble and craven. They're your characters dammit, do what you like!

[Image: 1286359_1380686861259_full.jpg]

I'm still trying to figure out that time when Sheldon and Penny were single and Mary was in the Laundry room talking to Penny and Sheldon, how did Mary not suggest Penny and Sheldon go out on a date? I can easily see Mary bringing it up how they are both single, attractive and get along so well. Someone please write a fic. Smile
The following 1 user Likes Trust No One's post:
  • Jislane35
(01-19-2014, 05:51 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote:

Big Grin Yes you can bet your bottom dollar that Mary will appear and miraculously fall out of character and adore Amy. And to further drive the point home, they will bring in Meemaw for no other purpose but to solidify AFF's position. Am I cynical? noooooo whatever gave you that idea?

With Sheldon drinking beer and smacking asses, I wouldn't even be surprised if they pulled the Meemaw card to ram the Shamy down our throats.
The following 2 users Like queenoftheDales's post:
  • Jislane35, Nutz
(01-26-2014, 02:59 AM)queenoftheDales Wrote: With Sheldon drinking beer and smacking asses, I wouldn't even be surprised if they pulled the Meemaw card to ram the Shamy down our throats.

Wouldn't that be a sad day. Sad It would prove that the writers were not convinced by shamy themselves if they brought in this character for that purpose. But then I don't believe they are anyway.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jislane35
(01-26-2014, 05:19 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote:
(01-26-2014, 02:59 AM)queenoftheDales Wrote: With Sheldon drinking beer and smacking asses, I wouldn't even be surprised if they pulled the Meemaw card to ram the Shamy down our throats.

Wouldn't that be a sad day. Sad It would prove that the writers were not convinced by shamy themselves if they brought in this character for that purpose. But then I don't believe they are anyway.

THAT or the Shamy's need the reassurance of the Coopers in order for them to feel as if Amy is fully accepted by everyone in Sheldon's life while there being a bigger chance of him never leaving her if his entire family ends up loving her. There was a rumor at Comic-Con about them bringing in Meemaw and the original idea was to have her dislike Amy but then once they heard the Shamy's groan in the audience they backpedalled on what they said and then mentioned about making some changes with that. So you already know what's coming once Sheldon's favorite relative cones to visit.
The following 1 user Likes Jislane35's post:
  • queenoftheDales
(01-19-2014, 05:51 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote:

And just to put a cherry on it Meemaw would tell her why she calls him Moonpie and give her permission to do the sameConfused

feeling nauseated just thinking about that episode.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
(01-26-2014, 05:47 AM)Jislane35 Wrote:

THAT or the Shamy's need the reassurance of the Coopers in order for them to feel as if Amy is fully accepted by everyone in Sheldon's life while there being a bigger chance of him never leaving her if his entire family ends up loving her. There was a rumor at Comic-Con about them bringing in Meemaw and the original idea was to have her dislike Amy but then once they heard the Shamy's groan in the audience they backpedalled on what they said and then mentioned about making some changes with that. So you already know what's coming once Sheldon's favorite relative cones to visit.

Well I hope the writers do as they please with this. They never listened to the shennys so why should they listen to the shamys?
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jislane35
(01-26-2014, 06:40 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote:

Well I hope the writers do as they please with this. They never listened to the shennys so why should they listen to the shamys?

The original idea was to have Meemaw dislike her, but I'm sure Amy's charm and can do spirit will change her mind within, oh 22 or 23 minutes.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • Jislane35
(01-26-2014, 09:32 AM)Dsnynutz Wrote:
(01-26-2014, 06:40 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote:

The original idea was to have Meemaw dislike her, but I'm sure Amy's charm and can do spirit will change her mind within, oh 22 or 23 minutes.

Oh yeah. Totally. They'll be bonding over his baby pictures and Meemaw sharing stories about his childhood while they both prepare his favorite Eye-Taliban meal. And of course she'll tell Sheldon to not let go of her and to make sure he tells her how he feels about her because she'll bring something 'special' into his life and she has noticed the change she has brought upon him, Amy has made him into a 'better' man and then a year or two later she'll be giving Sheldon the engagement ring his grandfather proposed to her with which will soon be passed on to the next Cooper family line. *sigh* It's all SO predictable.