Sheldon's Kryptonite - Mary Cooper
The only one who seems to know where the re-set button is located...

[Image: erc3yp.jpg]

[Image: einkh3.jpg]

[Image: 21al40o.jpg]
OH PLEASE...
Mrs Cooper: He gets his temper from his daddy.
Leonard: Oh.
Mrs Cooper: He’s got my eyes.
Leonard: I see.
Mrs Cooper: All that science stuff, that comes from Jesus.
The following 5 users Like wellplayedpenny's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, CassandraElise, Toad, Berliner, Jislane35
OH YES! in so few episodes but what an impact! The woman is great and shell be honored on the site with her own page.

"Lord, Mary Cooper here, coming to you from "Gomorrah", California"
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Toad, CassandraElise
Sheldon should be very lucky to have a mom like herSmile Not sure if she's had a full conversation with Amy yet but I wonder if she'll end up liking her along with the rest of the Coopers. Probably not but they'll just be happy with the fact that their Sheldon is finally in a relationship with someone and try their best to tolerate Amy but she acts so much like a surrogate mother to Sheldon that they may just end up warming up to her. Although there were was news at last years Comic-Con about Meemaw originally not having that much of a liking with Amy but after hearing the groans in the audience (most likely from the canons) they backpedalled on that. Unbelievable. I think Mary actually likes Penny yes?
The following 1 user Likes Jislane35's post:
  • Toad
Mary gets on with Penny like a house on fire on top of a burning tire-factory doused in jet-fuel. Ie, very bloody well indeed. I was just discussing with Toad how very much Mary is like a darker, twisted version of Penny. What with all the "When I was your age, you could have me for a car ride and a bottle of strawberry wine." and "Jesus would forgive her if she put ground glass in my dad's meatloaf."
They're both protective of Sheldon despite him "creeping the bejesus" out of them, but Mary is also motherly (for rather blindingly obvious reasons) whereas Penny is nurturing. Mary's met Amy, and seemed rather unsettled. It wasn't WARM anyroad. I cannot fathom how Mary, Missy or Meemaw would ever sit well with Amy, who often seems contemptuous of those with lower intellectual or moral standings. Sheldon's family appear to be rampant, outspoken individuals with a great deal of personal pride. I don't see how they would tolerate being looked down on.

The fact that the spokespersons backpedalled over the Meemaw issue strikes me as incredibly feeble and craven. They're your characters dammit, do what you like!

[Image: 1286359_1380686861259_full.jpg]
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 4 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Toad, Jislane35, Gamma, Wisp
(01-17-2014, 05:07 PM)Major Gripe Wrote: Mary gets on with Penny like a house on fire on top of a burning tire-factory doused in jet-fuel. Ie, very bloody well indeed. I was just discussing with Toad how very much Mary is like a darker, twisted version of Penny. What with all the "When I was your age, you could have me for a car ride and a bottle of strawberry wine." and "Jesus would forgive her if she put ground glass in my dad's meatloaf."
They're both protective of Sheldon despite him "creeping the bejesus" out of them, but Mary is also motherly (for rather blindingly obvious reasons) whereas Penny is nurturing. Mary's met Amy, and seemed rather unsettled. It wasn't WARM anyroad. I cannot fathom how Mary, Missy or Meemaw would ever sit well with Amy, who often seems contemptuous of those with lower intellectual or moral standings. Sheldon's family appear to be rampant, outspoken individuals with a great deal of personal pride. I don't see how they would tolerate being looked down on.

The fact that the spokespersons backpedalled over the Meemaw issue strikes me as incredibly feeble and craven. They're your characters dammit, do what you like!

[Image: 1286359_1380686861259_full.jpg]

This could be why we have yet to see another meeting between Amy and Mary. As the writers try to convince us that the Shamy are some great love story, they remove the one person who shows us the kind of woman Sheldon needs.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jislane35
[Image: tumblr_lm5spwfwZn1qkaa06o1_500.gif]
The following 3 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Toad, Jislane35, Gamma
One of my favorite quotes:

[Image: tumblr_mmowu70lfM1r34jyyo4_r2_250.gif]

I wish Mary would visit and find a way to bring back her homo-novus son.
The following 4 users Like CassandraElise's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Toad, Jislane35, Wisp
I await with bated breath the scene where Amy explains to Mary all the things she's done to make her son a better boyfriend, not to mention finding out that Amy gets most of her funding from her middle eastern fiancé. (So many places in Texas to bury a body). Wink
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 5 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Toad, Gamma, Jislane35, Wisp, CassandraElise
[Image: 6fxgcm.gif]

[Image: oqf8tt.gif]
OH PLEASE...