66.67%
2 66.67%
3 Dirty Socks
33.33%
1 33.33%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

10.11 The Birthday Synchronicity
I'm sorry but its not funny making Sheldon kiss her. It just looks wrong, always has. I know its really un-PC to say this but its not pleasant to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjRCT4kxgWA
Like an angry beast, screaming from the lair. Raj is scared "WTF is behind that door...".

I knew I should post this earlier
[Image: tumblr_oi25abLFTO1vmjj8mo1_1280.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes CTR69's post:
  • Ratman77
It would all have been fine if they hadn't destroyed Sheldon to allow the relationship to occur. If they'd kept Sheldon his old brilliant self, most of us would still be watching, and be quite content.

However, for whatever reason, they wanted a bizarrely juvenile kindergarten sticky-hand-holding relationship for him, rather than something more suited to his original superiority, dignity, passion and verve. Why? Fuck knows. To break the bastard down to the level of the rest of humanity? God forbid anyone is different...
Thus they infantilized him, and degraded his intellect. He's barely recognisable as any sort of scientist, let alone a genius.

But you can either infantilize a character OR put them in a sexual relationship, not both dammit.

That's why Sheldon/Amy is unsettling to watch. With him as a childish buffoon, her scolding and manner (and wardrobe) takes on an elderly minder vs toddler vibe. Not helped by her drugging him with "special juice", or her incredibly creepy 5 year plan...It has the scent of relentless, psychological coercion by a vaguely predatory character over someone with lessened capacities.

If they'd stuck Sheldon (who was fine by himself, ta very much) with any other character on Big Bang, I STILL would be horrified if they drugged the poor fucker. Or constantly nagged him, told him he'd never do better, scented his belongings, lied repeatedly to get what they wanted...

How is this anything other than a monstrous, manipulative caricature of a relationship, which preys on the desecrated husk of original Sheldon?

Considering the show's wide audience, it is right to question the destruction of this once unique character, and the worth of the message it sent.

I think it sends a terrible message to intellects, outsiders, solitary souls, asexuals, and people with passions for things beyond romance and relationships...

Why is it so heinous a crime to have passion for your work above social relationships? Particularly if your work is of the highest intellect, and in pursuit of absolute truth. Why was this taken from Sheldon? Why is his original self now mocked by the current show, calling him "half a man" before, and suggesting he was a lesser being when he cared deeply about the mysteries of the universe?

And other histrionic, rhetorical questions.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 8 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Toad, Berliner, FlyingMonkey, Nutz, Ratman77, Gamma, chaotic temptation
(12-13-2016, 11:23 AM)Idle Miscreant Wrote: It would all have been fine if they hadn't destroyed Sheldon to allow the relationship to occur. If they'd kept Sheldon his old brilliant self, most of us would still be watching, and be quite content.

However, for whatever reason, they wanted a bizarrely juvenile kindergarten sticky-hand-holding relationship for him, rather than something more suited to his original superiority, dignity, passion and verve. Why? Fuck knows. To break the bastard down to the level of the rest of humanity? God forbid anyone is different...
Thus they infantilized him, and degraded his intellect. He's barely recognisable as any sort of scientist, let alone a genius.

But you can either infantilize a character OR put them in a sexual relationship, not both dammit.

That's why Sheldon/Amy is unsettling to watch. With him as a childish buffoon, her scolding and manner (and wardrobe) takes on an elderly minder vs toddler vibe. Not helped by her drugging him with "special juice", or her incredibly creepy 5 year plan...It has the scent of relentless, psychological coercion by a vaguely predatory character over someone with lessened capacities.

If they'd stuck Sheldon (who was fine by himself, ta very much) with any other character on Big Bang, I STILL would be horrified if they drugged the poor fucker. Or constantly nagged him, told him he'd never do better, scented his belongings, lied repeatedly to get what they wanted...

How is this anything other than a monstrous, manipulative caricature of a relationship, which preys on the desecrated husk of original Sheldon?

Considering the show's wide audience, it is right to question the destruction of this once unique character, and the worth of the message it sent.

I think it sends a terrible message to intellects, outsiders, solitary souls, asexuals, and people with passions for things beyond romance and relationships...

Why is it so heinous a crime to have passion for your work above social relationships? Particularly if your work is of the highest intellect, and in pursuit of absolute truth. Why was this taken from Sheldon? Why is his original self now mocked by the current show, calling him "half a man" before, and suggesting he was a lesser being when he cared deeply about the mysteries of the universe?

And other histrionic, rhetorical questions.

Bravo! Now why are NONE of the media critics saying any of this? Why are there no reviewers out there doing anything by walking the company line these days? It baffles me that no one has documented the decline in this once brilliant character. Except us.  Sad

The whole Shamy thing just grates. Not just because I prefer Sheldon and Penny's discourse but because they don't bring the best out in each other. As IM says above, he becomes so much less with Amy. They have to diminish him and they shouldn't have to do that.

Amy does have her funny moments and I'd easily ship her with someone else. The quirky female with a boyfriend that matches. Sheldon was so wrong for her and they had to do things to his character which haven't been improvements. Which to me, makes it obvious that Amy wasn't right. Somewhere along the way BB stopped being a clever nerdy show and became this sort of kids cartoon. I know its been super popular but it was so much better before the shift.
The following 6 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Toad, Nutz, Ratman77, Gamma, Idle Miscreant, wellplayedpenny
That Sheldon would become the most popular one of the show, was easy to see.
He was/is one of the most original figures that had appeared for a long time on the TV-screen. Like Jack Sparrow for the cinema. His logic, his "holding on" at the science, his "not understanding" of emotional affairs, his passion for his work.....All this were  characteristics which were reserved toSF-characters like Mister Spock or Dommander Data. Since Sheldon was not from another planet, this characteristics became mor "everyday", neighborly and no longer so peculiar. To take away this habits is to take the orginality.....only for this cheap soap-opera plot.

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry 

What also a shame is, that they had let him went out from "4A". It was not only his apartment but also his "refuge", his "fortress of lonliness" . If Leonard had went out-even years ago- it would have had no great effect. To seperate Sheldon from "4A" is to cut a main-nerve because his character was melted with this concept-mark. (The only one who was allowed to "enter" it-even his bedroom- was)

[Image: tumblr_kuvj6wFKp61qa8hgoo1_500.png]

[Image: 120h4c0.jpg]

Any questions?

And yes, Amy had the potential to became a great character but they made her to a soul-eater.

I can only shake with my head about what has been done wrong over the years at this great show.

Hope that they will make soon the turn.

SHENNY FOR THE WIN !!!
The following 5 users Like Ratman77's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, Idle Miscreant, Tuesday Pajamas, CTR69, Nutz
The promo photos are here if your'e interested http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/12/the-big...-1011.html

Lots of Shamy in bed, Shamy doing there weird kiss thing where Mayim looks like she doesn't quite know where to put her arms. Awkward. Also her chin is really long so their kisses look very strange.

Sheldon in wizardry robes is not bad, although I don't recall Sheldon ever taking an interest in Harry Pottter ... but anyway. Apparently Amy now likes these things too. Rolleyes

Penny and Leonard looking very middle aged.

[Image: 109435_1224b_FULL_zpsafsvku5w.jpg]
Penny likes to sit with Sheldon. How did that happen? And she (or was it Kaley?) smiled at his joke. It's clutching at straws, but I'll take it.

[Image: SP1011.jpg]
Oh my word!! I spent the evening watching through Season 10 and this gets two Dirty Socks for the utterly charmless Second Coitus.