1 20.00%
3 Dirty Socks
60.00%
3 60.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

10.10 The Property Division Collision
Hello everybody!

At this point I want to write my POV regarding coupledom and its role by "TBBT".

When somebody (no matter of he or she) find the right partner, than I think coupledom/marriage can be really fulfilling, great and a real enrichment. If there is the right connection between the partners, the right ying-yang-constellation it would be not boring but exciting because the presence of each other would be take the partners higher and bring only the best out of them.

(To whom I am thinking now?)

[Image: 7f235a0f7ff263be8d65d48461390c88.jpg] Blush Big Grin

But:

To be in coupledom is a thing of free will, of free decision...and there is my problem with the message of the show. "TBBT" implies that no one really has a choice, that coupledom is a thing that MUST come, that MUST be part of everyones life. And that is a fundamental mistake. To have a free choice and will about that, it is what  raises us above the animals.

So the show let it looks like that someone who is without a partner is fighting against nature-rules. Not only this. It shows-  indirectly- the nerd-team -the team from season 1 to 4- as social failures with useless lives.

Really?

Sheldon won scientific awards, Ray disovered a new luminary and Howard was personally in space. All not things wich I would call useless.

By the way.

If there is a section where coupledom really is boring, than it is......in  TV and cinema, and that in a special way.
Have you noticed, that the most Stories most end with that the two protagonists become a couple? The most of the lenght of the story is the process of rapprochement and only when it ends they come together. That is the exciting part. Not that after that.
A perfect example is the adventure-movie "Romancing the stone", where the characters of Jack (Michael Douglas) and Joan (Kathleen Turner) fall in love during the treasure-hunt and become a pair at the end.
The movie was succesfull and it came sequel "The jewel of the nile".
Well, what happened?
Be honest.
Could it have really interested someone to see Jack and Joan as a cuddly couple go through the next adventure? No, because that had been boring. The writers knew that. And so the story was build on the consence that the two had lived apart from each other and their relationship had cooled down. Only for one reason.
Just so this "approchement"-game could start again. Because everything that follows the "assembly" is boring and uninteresting.

(Could that be one of the reasons why sequels are most have the image of a cheap copy?) Huh Dodgy

So to start a relationship between characters (Penny and Leonard) at the third (!) season was one of the greatest mistakes they could make because it opened a boring and (in the case of "Lenny") unbelievable plotline. Dramatically it is pure poison

When "Howardette" and "Shamy" came to it the writers navigated themselves into a dead end regarding ideas.
Actually, the series creeps  since the start of the first/wrong relationship.

Yes, I also hope that it will revealed that this whole years are only Leonards dreams. That he wished that someone like Amy would come to change Sheldon because his original/vintage nature was so fascinating for Penny that she preferred him. (Or at the second half of this season will come a great turn. All possible)

And, regarding "Queens" and "Nutzs" posts,,.....CORRECT, they cannot destroy the "Shenny".
Both, the acting of Miss Cuocco and Mister Parsons as well the constellation of their characters where/are to incisive than to make it ineffective.  Their efforts make them themselves only unbelievable and the effect of "Shenny" only stronger.

For me, their "Shamy" and "Lenny"-nonsense" could only have one effect.

[Image: vtfuy.jpg]

[Image: latest?cb=20121121194242]

[Image: 14pDVr1.gif]

Greetings, and "Shenny" for the win!!!
The following 5 users Like Ratman77's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, CTR69, Idle Miscreant, Tuesday Pajamas, Berliner

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10.10 The Property Division Collision - by Ratman77 - 12-03-2016, 07:18 AM