20.00%
1 20.00%
3 Dirty Socks
60.00%
3 60.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

10.10 The Property Division Collision
(12-01-2016, 05:33 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: The message of the show is so backward. Single people are unhappy. Single people are desperate. Only couples matters. They make ALL their single characters pathetic smucks who are desperate to hover around those who have achieved coupledom. Nothing could be further from the truth. Couples are boring. In my experience its the single people who are dynamic and having fun. I don't know where this narrow minded idea comes from. Being single can be incredible, there is so much you can do as a single person that you can't do when you're attached. 

I really don't know where this is coming from ... I mean it's so utterly false that I simply can't believe TBTB are really doing this. I do wonder if this is specifically an American thing? Maybe because all the Hollywood / teenange films show us (since decades) that you NEED a partner or otherwise you're doomed.
TBTB are totally ignoring the reality: everyone has different phases in their life. You have a partner, then you break up. You are single for a while (or years, doesn't matter), find a new parnter or "keep it casual" and so on. I mean it's 2016 ffs! So many different life/love choices out there. But now, the show keeps us telling that only "partner --> marriage --> baby" is the ultimate way for being happy and successful. It's just ridiculous on so many levels. Here in Berlin literally noone gives a cr*p what and who you are. Single, married, polygamous, gay, ...? Doesn't matter! Move along and live your life as you have wished and not what others are expecting.
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß
The following 5 users Like Berliner's post:
  • Toad, Nutz, Idle Miscreant, Ratman77, chaotic temptation

Messages In This Thread
RE: 10.10 The Property Division Collision - by Berliner - 12-01-2016, 08:05 PM