Homo Novus: Where Is He Now?
A hopelessly fantastical conspiracy-theory thread about the mysterious absency of the Sheldon we know and love. What is he doing now? Is he in a lab in Russia, looking at a whiteboard through a tube? Did the mothership take him back? Did his skin rip open revealing praying mantis claws, forcing him to go into hiding?

We can dream. *snivel*
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
The following 1 user Likes Wisp's post:
  • Idle Miscreant
So the CBS Sheldon life-size cardboard sexy-panty-wearing sop-to-the-housewives-of-Ameriky-cut-out is standing in for him yes?

President Siebert meant what he said about Sheldon’s non-cooperation in fundraising activities, and ultimately blinded him with a hot spoon.

They’re both living on a yacht in Monaco.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 2 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Wisp, queenoftheDales
Theory: Leonard's nightmare, in which Sheldon doubled by mitosis, actually happened. The mitosis went too quickly, however, and the other Sheldon turned out to be malformed and unstable. Meeting Amy was the clincher that made Sheldon decide that he would be much happier working on his dogopus than sticking with his friends, who, though important to him, frequently bogged him down with their trivial romantic problems. At some point, Sheldon had a long think about the pros and cons of staying with Leonard, and decided that Leonard would probably be better off with the dimmer one... at least his inferior mind would not entertain the thought of his best friend being replaced with a double, so Sheldon leaves one night safe in the knowledge that his friends will not worry about him, so he can focus on immortalising himself as a robot (And of course the dogopus) This happened at the end of season 3.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

The following 4 users Like Wisp's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Tuesday Pajamas, CassandraElise, FranEssi
Much like that horrific scene in Ghost where Patrick Swayze hopped into Whoopi Goldberg, the ghost of a commercially kow-towing lick-spittal has hopped into the body of Homo Novus, and forced him to perform conventionally expected acts with no feasible emotional build-up.
Audience cheers.

Whilst wiping toothpaste off the bathroom mirror, Sheldon stares too deeply into his own reflection, and disappears behind the looking glass. Instead of staring back at the series of predictable lifestyle choices his soulless doppelganger makes, Sheldon’s essence goes off and gets pissed with the Mad Hatter.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Wisp
(01-15-2014, 05:20 PM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote: Theory: Leonard's nightmare, in which Sheldon doubled by mitosis, actually happened. The mitosis went too quickly, however, and the other Sheldon turned out to be malformed and unstable. Meeting Amy was the clincher that made Sheldon decide that he would be much happier working on his dogopus than sticking with his friends, who, though important to him, frequently bogged him down with their trivial romantic problems. At some point, Sheldon had a long think about the pros and cons of staying with Leonard, and decided that Leonard would probably be better off with the dimmer one... at least his inferior mind would not entertain the thought of his best friend being replaced with a double, so Sheldon leaves one night safe in the knowledge that his friends will not worry about him, so he can focus on immortalising himself as a robot (And of course the dogopus) This happened at the end of season 3.

I want this to be true. Heart

Original Sheldon has to be careful not to encounter the lesser, boyfriend-faux-Sheldon so he has had to change his routines, leading to much conflict.

Only he notices that faux-Sheldon is showing signs of decay due to being romanced by his orge-come-nanny girlfriend and is abandoning his previous quirks. This delights Vintage Sheldon and he waits in anticipation for faux-Sheldon to stop doing laundry on a Saturday night so he can one day return to the building to do his laundry there and pose as 'himself', and hopefully see Penny one last time.
The following 3 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Wisp, queenoftheDales, Nutz
What an awesome thread! Some of the ideas here are actually great plot bunnies! If written and developed well, they can make engaging and suspenseful BBT fanfics.!

I am not half as imaginative and creative as you guys. I really don't have an interesting theory to share. So I'll just enjoy reading this interesting thread. Although the Homo Novus Sheldon having been trapped in a parallel universe is one of the thoughts that occurs to me too while watching the recent seasons. The other possibility is that either Leonard or Amy, for one reason or another, has been drugging Sheldon on a daily basis, slipping some sort of mind-numbing drug into his food or his drink every day, which has resulted in the gradual deterioration of the beautiful mind of our favorite genius.
The following 2 users Like FranEssi's post:
  • Wisp, Idle Miscreant
(01-15-2014, 06:34 PM)FranEssi Wrote: What an awesome thread! Some of the ideas here are actually great plot bunnies! If written and developed well, they can make engaging and suspenseful BBT fanfics.!

I am not half as imaginative and creative as you guys. I really don't have an interesting theory to share. So I'll just enjoy reading this interesting thread. Although the Homo Novus Sheldon having been trapped in a parallel universe is one of the thoughts that occurs to me too while watching the recent seasons. The other possibility is that either Leonard or Amy, for one reason or another, has been drugging Sheldon on a daily basis, slipping some sort of mind-numbing drug into his food or his drink every day, which has resulted in the gradual deterioration of the beautiful mind of our favorite genius.

You are imaginative! Or paranoid. Like me. I've been thinking this from the moment Sheldon started playing bongos and buying cats.

(01-15-2014, 06:45 PM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote: You are imaginative! Or paranoid.

I'll go with paranoid! But seriously, the 'drugging' scenario does make sense on a scary level, doesn't it? Especially since drugging Sheldon without his knowledge (including giving him alcohol) in order to get rid of or to tone down his quirks is something that the gang has already done a few times on the show. It's canon.
The following 1 user Likes FranEssi's post:
  • Wisp
(01-15-2014, 06:53 PM)FranEssi Wrote:
(01-15-2014, 06:45 PM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote: You are imaginative! Or paranoid.
I'll go with paranoid! lol! But seriously, the 'drugging' plot does make sense on a scary level, doesn't it? Especially since drugging Sheldon without his knowledge (including giving him alcohol) in order to get rid of or to tone down his quirks is something that the gang has already done a few times on the show. It's canon.

LOL it totally is. I think it's Amy, have you noticed how much tea he seems to be drinking these days?
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Wisp
(01-15-2014, 07:22 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote:
(01-15-2014, 06:53 PM)FranEssi Wrote:
I'll go with paranoid! lol! But seriously, the 'drugging' plot does make sense on a scary level, doesn't it? Especially since drugging Sheldon without his knowledge (including giving him alcohol) in order to get rid of or to tone down his quirks is something that the gang has already done a few times on the show. It's canon.

LOL it totally is. I think it's Amy, have you noticed how much tea he seems to be drinking these days?

Oh, yeah. That I can get my head round. I see Amy as an Annie Wilkes type character. I can just see her tying poor, heavily drugged Sheldon to a bed and obliterating his legs with a hammer, a look of insipid calm on her face.

[Image: tumblr_mbw5buezYt1qm3da2o1_500.gif]

"You said we were having a romantic evening tonight."

The following 1 user Likes Wisp's post:
  • CassandraElise