The 'Sheldon' Prequel
It should be called "Sheldon: The Wonder Years"
Sheldon in the Pilot, does this look like a man who wore bow ties as a child?

[Image: BBT-S1EP1-Flash.jpg]

We should do our own Young Sheldon. 

Home sweet home....?

[Image: _70059384_mountains_think.jpg]
Or this one! I like this one.... am I correct with these or dos someone else from the US have more of an idea?

[Image: cactusrose-1.jpg]
RV trailers have their own support, I always assumed that he meant it was a mobile home (which you would support with cinder blocks) like these
[Image: e5e39d89a13f46225848d3ac4d88ba71.jpg]

[Image: bear_lake_w_gas_heat_reno_d_673682.jpg]

[Image: ShowThumbnail.php?key=33123579]
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas
A house on blocks, in the south, has always meant mobile home to me. Under the lattice or sheet metal at the bottom, is a pile of blocks and yeah, they can fall off.
It sounded like he may have even lived in a trailer park. Those are always hopeful places, that are great settings for the whimsy of a sitcom. Pointing out that the vehicles cost more than the homes is a particularly easy and funny joke. Sarcasm
[Image: cactus_rose_1.jpg]
I've heard it both ways.
The following 1 user Likes Jela's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas
Thanks for the pics. How different these look to the middle-class twaddle 'Young Sheldon' is selling. I'd love if they had of been brave enough to pitch this story to the network. You never see real poor people represented with all the tribulations that brings. The challenge would then be to make it funny.

Drunken George Sr and his gun.

"That’s how my father always began our football conversations. And if you’d like, after the game, I’ll take you outside and teach you how to shoot close enough to a racoon that it craps itself"

"George, put down that Pepsi can full of bourbon that ain’t foolin’ no one, and get your shotgun!"
Annie Potts is playing Meemaw. She will have be a regular spot on 'Young Sheldon'.

http://www.cinemablend.com/television/16...on-spinoff

The Season 9 Meemaw played by June Squibb.

[Image: ab4af63076cefc83a8fdb94405f82dd7538f2bf3...ee6b18.jpg]

Young Meemaw 

[Image: f4e97dbbde78d20ef3d61ce89cc42ba36ef07f6e.png?mw=600]
Her reaction when she hears that they have- with her moonpie- a genius in the family.

[Image: giphy.gif] Big Grin
Lorre explains why Young Sheldon will be less abrasive than adult Sheldon.

"While The Big Bang Theory's adult Sheldon, played for 10 seasons by Jim Parsons, is known to be difficult, derogatory and often downright rude, that won't be the case in Young Sheldon, in which Big Little Lies actor Iain Armitage portrays the theoretical physicist-to-be as a child

"One of the things we learned going in is that Jim has a magical quality," Lorre explained to the Television Critics Association's press tour in the US on Tuesday. "When he addresses the character of Sheldon, he can be despicable, difficult and hard on his best friends, and yet somehow he has a quality as a person that the audience forgives him. But when you take those same qualities and ask a nine year old to do that, it's a brat, it's not something that's very pleasant.""

I have a feeling Young Sheldon could get very annoying quickly as no one can compare to Jim's gentle charm. I think it's going to be shite, personally.
Not to knock Jim, but maybe a good deal of why the audience "forgave" Sheldon when he was despicable, difficult and hard on his best friends was that the writing was GOOD! It was witty and smart. And we accepted Sheldon because his character demanded from the audience the same thing he did of his friends--"This is me. Take it or leave it. But you still have to drive me to the comic book store, regardless."

To say right off the bat that you can't make Young Sheldon like early Sheldon isn't a case of age. It's a case of laziness. What's so bratty about building the CAT scanner or the Nuclear reactor? Having a boy throw a tantrum because his parents had the audacity to buy him a dirt bike for his birthday present is a unique spin. It's this uniqueness they don't want to create. They've lost their edge as BBT went on--that the audience numbers remained high told them that they didn't have to work hard to please the masses. Now they're taking what they learned and applying it whole-hog to a new show.

This will be a real test case to see if the later-seasons pablum we witness on BBT could stand on its own if it didn't have the solid writing/character building of the early seasons to support it.
Let's go exploring!
The following 1 user Likes wellplayedpenny's post:
  • Nutz