The 'Sheldon' Prequel
Moved ya post Nutz. So this is supposed to be Sheldon as a kid? I really don't like the idea of this show at all. Not keen on kids shows although Stranger Things has some quality young stars. But I can't see myself watching this.
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/leslie-m...202003492/

More news on the prequel, if anyone cares Big Grin

Lesley Moonves, CBS chairman-CEO says 'Little Sheldon' will probably air right after TBBT on Thursday.

[Image: leslie-moonves-amc.jpg?w=670&h=377&crop=1]
So here is it guys....

Nothing like Sheldon.

I don't get the bow tie. The family is supposed to be poor and struggling there would've been no money for non-essential things. Plus, his dad (wanting him to be a "normal" boy) never would've allowed him to wear pansy bow ties every day.

The father son moment was so out of character it was laughable (probably not in the way they intended).
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
It's nothing like the image they put in my head. He's too likeable. It's like a Wonder Years recon. Its very family orientated but its not our boy! The child actor is very good but he's sort of different, I can't see him reading comic books and building death rays. I think it'll do well becuase its NOT the Sheldon they originally came up with. It'll be cute but another shovel of dirt to bury the Sheldon of those precious few inspired years.
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Nutz, Idle Miscreant
This is Sheldons childhood envisioned by Leonard, not the family we heard about in Canon by Sheldon.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • Idle Miscreant
Here's the link (through YouTube) in case you're getting the copyright tag

It seems charming, and good luck to them. Wine

Makes me a little sad though, so I'm going to keep my own impression of Sheldon's childhood. The horrifying and surreal glimpses we got of it throughout the early seasons have crystalised in my brain as little artistic gems. The house that keeps falling off the tinder blocks, the threat of ground glass in the meatloaf, George Sr. fighting a bobcat for licorice...not to mention Sheldon's early villainish tendencies. Death rays and attack griffins.  

This is entirely too middle class and conventional (for that image). Doesn't mean it won't be amusing or admirable, but as the backstory for character whose original conception (for four years) was this uppity, alien, Spock-like creature, it doesn't seem QUITE accurate. But as pointed out in the Grumblebox, the show's probably developed from New!Sheldon (goofy, sentimental, Forrest Gumpy) rather than our beloved cranky character.

Also, if it's going to be full of "teaching moments", where little Sheldon learns to be a normal human, I will have to be apoxy resined to a chair to make me watch it.

The gleeful beauty of Sheldon was that he didn't give a damn about what other people thought, or what the accepted response was.
Why does he have to show his father he loves him in the NORMAL way? Why does Sheldon have to change? He should have kept his bloody mittens on and built his father a death ray to vanquish his enemies.
sass
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Nutz
(05-19-2017, 07:21 AM)Idle Miscreant Wrote: It seems charming, and good luck to them. Wine

Makes me a little sad though, so I'm going to keep my own impression of Sheldon's childhood. The horrifying and surreal glimpses we got of it throughout the early seasons have crystalised in my brain as little artistic gems. The house that keeps falling off the tinder blocks, the threat of ground glass in the meatloaf, George Sr. fighting a bobcat for licorice...not to mention Sheldon's early villainish tendencies. Death rays and attack griffins.  

This is entirely too middle class and conventional (for that image). Doesn't mean it won't be amusing or admirable, but as the backstory for character whose original conception (for four years) was this uppity, alien, Spock-like creature, it doesn't seem QUITE accurate. But as pointed out in the Grumblebox, the show's probably developed from New!Sheldon (goofy, sentimental, Forrest Gumpy) rather than our beloved cranky character.

Also, if it's going to be full of "teaching moments", where little Sheldon learns to be a normal human, I will have to be apoxy resined to a chair to make me watch it.

The gleeful beauty of Sheldon was that he didn't give a damn about what other people thought, or what the accepted response was.
Why does he have to show his father he loves him in the NORMAL way? Why does Sheldon have to change? He should have kept his bloody mittens on and built his father a death ray to vanquish his enemies.
sass

100%!! TOO MIDDLE CLASS. 

You totally said what I was trying to. It's an impression of Molaros Sheldon not Pradys Sheldon. I bet you won't see the bourbon that was supposed to linger on his fathers breath either. They are 'nice' people.
Yup!! and this wasn't even us. Big Grin

"The unlikely spinoff was met with mockery ahead of CBS's confirmed announcement in March, with online detractors facetiously labelling the project "Sheldon: The Wonder Years", but the trailer seems promising enough."