33.33%
1 33.33%
3 Dirty Socks
66.67%
2 66.67%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

10.01 The Conjugal Conjecture
This is the link to a sneak peek. Haven't listened to it yet.

Its definitely changed into a very different style. It reminds me of older type sitcoms like Happy Days which are very fixed and safe. Not that fixed and safe is always bad, I just HATE the ships and will never stop being a Shenny.

http://video.etonline.com/services/playe...4817303001
(09-15-2016, 07:43 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: This is the link to a sneak peek. Haven't listened to it yet.

Its definitely changed into a very different style. It reminds me of older type sitcoms like Happy Days which are very fixed and safe. Not that fixed and safe is always bad, I just HATE the ships and will never stop being a Shenny.

http://video.etonline.com/services/playe...4817303001

Holy crap, that was just so bad. All these great actors together and we get this complete shit filled over acted garbage? Seriously WTF?
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
It's almost like they're trying to set up a spinoff series with Penny's family.
(09-16-2016, 05:54 AM)FlyingMonkey Wrote: It's almost like they're trying to set up a spinoff series with Penny's family.

It's like BB Mark 3.0 and reminds me of Mom with all the drug references. The brother doesn't look the part at all, I expected someone who looked a little more convincing. He certainly doesn't come across as someone whose done time. 

It's like they are pitching a new show to the network. They'll happily ditch the rom-commers for a family-show type audience if it sells. Just like they ditched the nerd audience in the early days.
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Kimk26
One thing I will say...

Sheldon and Penny's upbringings are getting more and more similar. The only difference is Mary found God. Sheldons father was a drinker as well. And his brother George Jr is also on bad terms with his mother, just like Penny's. George jr is dating someone she considers a "whore" and "would sneak into their father's truck and drink his driving whiskey." I can't really see Leonard in this mix at all! But I can see the old Sheldon, who was taught about football and how to shoot by his father. But he'd certainly have a few things to say about it all, having been raised alongside a twin and a brother "as dumb as soup". Leonard and Amy seem to be from privileged backgrounds they are worlds away from Sheldon and Penny's roots.
The following 4 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • CTR69, Idle Miscreant, Kimk26, Shellsyke
Yes, philosophically speaking, Leonard and Amy come from privileged academic 1%er backgrounds. So it's interesting that Canonists are completely behind the thought that Sheldon and Penny who come from Blue collar, hard working families are not important as people Themselves, but are only prizes and playthings for Leonard/Amy just because they want them (and therefore deserve them)
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 4 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Kimk26, Toad, Gamma
Space and I have talked about this. It's totally classist. Those who have get more. And the poor schlubs who grew up with nothing should be satisfied with whatever they get.
The following 4 users Like devilbk's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Nutz, CTR69, Gamma
(09-16-2016, 12:02 PM)Nutz Wrote: Yes, philosophically speaking, Leonard and Amy come from privileged academic 1%er backgrounds. So it's interesting that Canonists are completely behind the thought that Sheldon and Penny who come from Blue collar, hard working families are not important as people Themselves, but are only prizes and playthings for Leonard/Amy just because they want them (and therefore deserve them)

That's interesting, although we don't know that much about Amy's family. In that instance, I actually wouldn't mind seeing more of Amy's family just to confirm because I bet they are like Leonard's family. I would say Leonard and Raj have the most privileged backgrounds that we know of. I'd say that Bernadette and Howard's families are probably middle class. But Sheldon and Penny's families are more working class.
is this where I put the Review??

So I watched it... it wasn't the best, didn't feel like a classic TBBT episode, but it wasn't awful... it wasn't very memorable either.

I didn't hate Penny's family... I mean this episode kinda showed that all of their families are screwed up. Sheldon was kinda dump, but a couple lines he had made me chuckle (side note... Sheldon's shirts were tight and as a fan I liked that.)

There was minimal Amy and that was good, the episode did feel like it went by too fast. too much going on, too many people and not enough time for scenes with everyone. I would have liked to see Penny's brother converse with Sheldon.

the side plot of Bernie, Howard and Raj wasn't really anything, there was one line from Raj that cracked me up because the timing was perfect.

the wedding itself was meh... but i'm not attached to the couple getting married, i'm glad that Sheldon butted in and ended up being the "second husband" to Penny, he loves Penny and Leonard and I thought that was sweet.

mostly what i took from this episode is that they are all screwed up and we should just have a drink and forget about it.

I'll give it 2 out of 6 stars... i'll be rating the episodes this season based upon that.

Until next week... and another poorly made review, LLAP.
Bitches be crazy. 
The following 2 users Like QueenOfShebaSays's post:
  • devilbk, Nutz
The thing I appreciated regarding Penny's family..at the wedding, when the mom turns to her brother as Penny's walking down the aisle, and thanking him for "cleaning up" for Penny's wedding..him thanking her for the new teeth. Yeah, I thought that was pretty good! Mostly 'cos that lines up more with the meth image he's supposed to have. So I'm glad they addressed that. And yeah, thought it was funny, as well. A glimpse of the cynical/indelicate humor of the past.

Only other thing..like Sheba, I liked that it pretty much ended up being the three at the altar and being pronounced husbands and wife. And Sheldon being part of the embrace. He said vows, too, up there. Great that he left Amy in the dust on that one, as well. Great that she didn't run up and join the others at the front/butt in. So that made me happy.
"The mark of mediocrity is to look for precedent."   Norman Mailer
The following 4 users Like Kimk26's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, devilbk, Nutz, Shellsyke