Everybody Loves But I Don't Get...
A floundering attempt at whimsical conversation... I often like pondering this myself. There are some things people go mad about, but there is always the small portion (i.e. Me) who doesn't get the hysteria at all. Example:

- Lord Of The Rings. I appreciate that they are very well done books/films, but it all leaves me cold. Some friends invited me to a LORD OF THE RINGS MARATHON. I came to the conclusion that a MARATHON was not a good place to start if you don't know whether you even like the films. I have not read the books. I sat there for about 12 hours with only pizza, cans of non-alchoholic (why couldn't it be alchoholic?!?) summer-fruit cider and off-topic banter to keep me from killing myself.

- Onesies. I guess you have to remove them if you need the toilet, or is there a flap?

- Pippa Middleton's behind. Old news I know, but it really pissed me off. Maybe it's a guy thing. I don't think much of female behinds.

- Biffy Clyro. I just think all their songs sound too similar.

- Chocolate. I do not have this fabled female obsession with chocolate. If I do have some I need a drink and something salty at hand.

- Amy Farrah Fowler! (I'm not going to explain that again Smile)

- Jennifer Lawrence.

- George Clooney. Is it just me or does he look a tiny bit like he might stink of piss and cigarettes?
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
The following 1 user Likes Wisp's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas
American Idol - I HATE it!!! I'm so tired of the commercials I wouldn't watch it if you stuck a gun in my ear.

Anchorman 2 - see above

Hoodies - no one over the age of 10 should call it a hoodie. It's a hooded sweatshirt.
Moffat's Sherlock. Seems like misogyny at its finest. And, having read every single Sherlock Holmes story, I can tell you right now Sherlock was NEVER as mean as they have him be in that version. MAKES ME MAD!!

George Clooney or Brad Pitt. I think Witchdoctor's description is apt.
The following 1 user Likes CassandraElise's post:
  • Wisp
Doesn't this bring to mind Sturgeon's Law? Ninety percent of everything is crap. Doesn't that make us the remaining 10 percent in some cases?
My personal motto when it comes to romance:
"Once the rockets are up who cares where they come down. That's not my department." (Wernher Von Braun) Tom Lehrer
The following 1 user Likes cassiusmoriarty's post:
  • Wisp
Adam Sandler. Finally he was listed as an over-paid actor. Now if they could only edit the sentiment further and remove the word 'actor' and I think we're on to something....

Give me Peter Sellers any day of the week.
The following 3 users Like wellplayedpenny's post:
  • Gamma, Wisp, Nutz
(01-15-2014, 08:12 AM)wellplayedpenny Wrote: Adam Sandler. Finally he was listed as an over-paid actor. Now if they could only edit the sentiment further and remove the word 'actor' and I think we're on to something....

Adam sandler... *shudder* What is with the weird baby voice that creeps out every now and then? The only thing I liked him in was Little Nicky. Even then, take him or leave him.

Also Anchorman 2. I have not seen it, but I have VERY high expectations after the first one. I don't think they'll be able to do it again.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

(01-15-2014, 04:27 PM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote:
(01-15-2014, 08:12 AM)wellplayedpenny Wrote: Adam Sandler. Finally he was listed as an over-paid actor. Now if they could only edit the sentiment further and remove the word 'actor' and I think we're on to something....

Adam sandler... *shudder* What is with the weird baby voice that creeps out every now and then? The only thing I liked him in was Little Nicky. Even then, take him or leave him.

Also Anchorman 2. I have not seen it, but I have VERY high expectations after the first one. I don't think they'll be able to do it again.

My brother actually has an Adam Sandler List (Formerly the Pauly Shore List before he fell out of the limelight) of actors that are overexposed to the point where you wish you could hire the 'A' Team to take them out. Bro nearly had a fit when Sandler redid Mr. Deeds.

I'm always hesitant to watch sequels and I tend to follow the sage advise given by my late friend who endured 'The Crow II': There's only only one Crow film and two soundtracks. ... Needless to say whenever I'm about to watch a sequel I pay close attention to who does the soundtrack--just in case! Cool
The following 1 user Likes wellplayedpenny's post:
  • Wisp
Beyonce.

Don't get it, never will.
(01-16-2014, 10:13 AM)taffinabean Wrote: Beyonce.

Don't get it, never will.

I am not impressed with the new singles I've heard.

Generally I have little interest in Beyonce, but I started to like Single Ladies after I saw Kurt from Glee re-enacting the video. I'm not going to lie, I thought it was hot. Save Kurt, Glee is something else I've tried to love but never quite got there. I gave up after season 2. LOVE TRIANGLES MUCH? If there's one thing I don't like, it's romantic relationships in things. Writers can be so limited by their determination to make at least half of their characters have sex. It's just too much.

I have this thang! If everyone is into something, I think they must be being brainwashed. Maybe I'm just awkward. Years later I'll usually come to appreciate that singer, film whatever. I think hype and mob mentality are best avoided. Yes, ha! ha! George Clooney probably does smell of piss and cigs, but also money! He's done well from parodying Cary Grant.
The following 2 users Like ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • queenoftheDales, CassandraElise