0%
0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
50.00%
1 50.00%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

SHAMY WARNING: 10.24 The Long Distance Dissonance
Among all the crap, those couple of seconds... Enough to spark the imagination. 
[Image: Capture.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes CTR69's post:
  • chaotic temptation
(05-14-2017, 07:17 AM)CTR69 Wrote: Among all the crap, those couple of seconds... Enough to spark the imagination. 
[Image: Capture.jpg]

No... I do not think it is not a coincedence that red-headed Ramona is now fair and wears florals almost identical to what they have had Penny wear.

[Image: latest?cb=20140708111906]
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Ratman77, chaotic temptation
Well, Sheldon asks Amy to marry him. What does that mean for us?
At the first moment.....

[Image: mace-windu-party-this-party-is-over.jpg]

BUT....

[Image: there-are-always-possibilities-spock.png]

Don't give up, fellow "Shenny"-shippers, because...

[Image: marion-hammer-quote-its-not-over-til-its-over.jpg]

SHENNY FOR THE WIN!!!
The following 2 users Like Ratman77's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Jela
(05-13-2017, 12:13 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Just watched...

....and I hated this episode. It was SO STUPID! the whole idea that Sheldon can never spend time alone with another female and how paranoid everyone behaved sickened me. They were worried about it before they had any proof. Regardless of Ramona's feelings towards Sheldon IT'S NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS anyway. Is Shamy THAT insecure now? As if Sheldon is some kind of horn dog. Angry If Ramona and Sheldon want to get together it's up to them and all the interference was OTT. In actual fact, Sheldon had no interest in Ramona.

The Shenny scene was totally puerile. Sheldon said this about Ramona. "I wouldn't have even noticed she was a woman if she didn't wear that bathing suit that highlighted her bosom" GIVE ME A FUCKEN BREAK!!! Is he retarded now?

I thought this was quite possibly the lamest episode they have ever made. I know the Shamys and romcommers think its amazing but it really is nothing to write home about. SO unrealistic. The panicked proposal was just ridiculous.

I only saw a clip of the episode, but was anyone else screaming and throwing things at the screen when it showed Sheldon watching FREAKING SPONGEBOB on the plane?!?  This is what Amy has reduced him to.  This, from the man who used to listen to Richard Feynman lectures and read physics periodicals at the same time!  That whole last scene just had a very "Forrest Gump" or "Rainman" feel to me, with Sheldon's blank, non-reaction to Ramona and his jerky, wooden movements as he walked away (like a man going to his own execution).
And how long was that stupid travel montage, just so TPTB could give us yet another miserable, coerced-feeling proposal scene?  For God's sake, if Sheldon is really supposed to have an IQ of 187 and has had the ring for months if not longer, surely he rehearsed something for a proposal in his mind other than the completely bland, lame "Will you marry me?"
And why the hell was that a cliffhanger?  Does anyone honestly think that frumpy, clingy leech will do anything other than say yes?
Ugh, Sheldon has devolved so far from the once brilliant but quirky character that we once knew and loved.  Don't even get me started on the travesty of a sitcom based on Sheldon's developmental years...  He was tormented by basically everyone his age, including his twin sister.  His mother hit him with a Bible and forced him to keep secrets from his dad.  His dad was a chronic alcohol and cheater.  Both parents were verbally and physically abusive toward their son.  Oh yeah, that's a barrel of laughs, right there.
The following 12 users Like Daedaleopsis's post:
  • Nutz, Jela, Toad, CTR69, Gamma, devilbk, chaotic temptation, Berliner, FlyingMonkey, Tuesday Pajamas, Melvin, Ratman77
I will to my dying day maintain that Shamy is not love. AFF has knowingly and insidiously removed Sheldon's routines, his social safety net as it were, and replaced them with activities with herself, knowing that Sheldon's pathology will make elements of their relationship habitual. Remember what used to happen when you messed with Sheldon's routines with his sense of self? he retreated. Amy has now created a situation where instead of retreating within he retreats to her. Ramona's kiss messed with Sheldon's new routine of kissing AFF. Therefore he had to retreat to her. Sheldon has been trained like a pet monkey.
The following 9 users Like devilbk's post:
  • Toad, Nutz, FlyingMonkey, chaotic temptation, Tuesday Pajamas, Idle Miscreant, Gamma, Melvin, Ratman77
Her own personal lab monkey, to satisfy her disturbed mind. Serial killers started on animals as well, AFF mind works the same.
I actually feel a little bad for the character of Amy sometimes because if she had just been introduced as a character in her own right, and not just someone to be paired up with Sheldon, all the original Sheldon fans, of which I consider myself, would have been more behind her. Instead of throwing in the towel and leaving in droves during S4. All the creeepy manipulation stuff and the regression of Sheldon is all pinned on her. If we go back to an episode like Herb Garden, we see a really cool use of her character. Fast forward to the Weekend Vortex and she seems to have already forgotten who Sheldon is. Then there's the disappointment period where she's hiding how frustrated she is, the reprogramming period where she's using all her smarts to alter his behaviour and now, the Reward period, where this has all somehow worked and now he's being a better, more Amy-friendly Sheldon.

This is supposed to be mean that he's in love. Of course, its a story arch, which the writers have cleverly woven. Let's face it, these guys know how to deliver what the boring masses want (but seemingly not what we do but hey-ho). As a fan, who is first and foremost a Sheldon fan, I can't get behind the Shamy due to the decay in what he was. But I often wonder what Amy might have been without Sheldon as well and think it might have been quite interesting. Especailly if they'd kept her flawed, instead of trying to turn her into this perfect love interest for the development of the shows most 'problematic' character. But then I wonder if that might be a little too sophisticated for the target audience of this show. But Amy without Sheldon?

I see Amy as a dork. Don't know if you are familair with the word in the US. Maybe Qweeb is close? But Amy the dork could have been developed a lot better. She's quite normal now but she might have been better as she was, pre-sexualisation. I think they did a hatchet job on both of them and Shamy is the result. People like it though, as it keeps things simple but both characters have lost something as a result.
The following 9 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, FlyingMonkey, Nutz, Gamma, wellplayedpenny, Melvin, chaotic temptation, Ratman77, shennyari
(05-26-2017, 03:31 AM)Daedaleopsis Wrote: I only saw a clip of the episode, but was anyone else screaming and throwing things at the screen when it showed Sheldon watching FREAKING SPONGEBOB on the plane?!?  This is what Amy has reduced him to.  This, from the man who used to listen to Richard Feynman lectures and read physics periodicals at the same time!  That whole last scene just had a very "Forrest Gump" or "Rainman" feel to me, with Sheldon's blank, non-reaction to Ramona and his jerky, wooden movements as he walked away (like a man going to his own execution).
And how long was that stupid travel montage, just so TPTB could give us yet another miserable, coerced-feeling proposal scene?  For God's sake, if Sheldon is really supposed to have an IQ of 187 and has had the ring for months if not longer, surely he rehearsed something for a proposal in his mind other than the completely bland, lame "Will you marry me?"
And why the hell was that a cliffhanger?  Does anyone honestly think that frumpy, clingy leech will do anything other than say yes?
Ugh, Sheldon has devolved so far from the once brilliant but quirky character that we once knew and loved.  Don't even get me started on the travesty of a sitcom based on Sheldon's developmental years...  He was tormented by basically everyone his age, including his twin sister.  His mother hit him with a Bible and forced him to keep secrets from his dad.  His dad was a chronic alcohol and cheater.  Both parents were verbally and physically abusive toward their son.  Oh yeah, that's a barrel of laughs, right there.

I love everything about this post!!! I considered compiling all the information we know about Sheldon's early years and building a page to show what it would look like, in comparison to the Young Sheldon recon. They seem determined to mine ever last drop from Sheldon, a character which I'm more and more sure they didn't actually create themselves. I think he was accident, as do others here. Jim Parsons most perfect Sheldon drove the first few eps. They went with it, as creative waves often take all those with them. But he's not really theirs anymore. They lost him because they put their greedy fingerprints all over and it slipped away. I may be in one of those moods.... Big Grin We still have him, he's with us now.
The following 6 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jela, Gamma, Melvin, Kimk26, chaotic temptation, Ratman77
Sheldon = The dog

Ramona = The food

Amy = The bell

[Image: 4675279_orig.jpg]

Puke Puke Puke Puke Puke Puke Puke Puke