Off Topic
(01-14-2014, 06:28 AM)taffinabean Wrote:
(01-14-2014, 06:04 AM)Jislane35 Wrote: I agree. That was the most disturbing and unnecessary moments of the show on top of him wearing that humiliating French maid outfit. There's just no sex appeal coming out of the Shamy, Jim and Mayim just don't have that kind of red hot chemistry that him and Kaley have. I'm very happy to hear that he does in fact enjoy his scenes with Kaley very much and that he gets even more excited on doing something with her after a long time of not doing much together. They are best friends after all and also have awesome off screen chemistry so that makes things more fun and comfortable for them. I really doubt Jim thought the spanking scene was all that great, remember he IS an actor so for all we know he may have just been hiding his discomfort/disgust for that scene especially since he seemed to have been avoiding the main question on whether or not he enjoyed it. I'm pretty sure he once mentioned liking his moments with Mayim but I'm not sure he ever described it the way he did with Kaley.

Disturbing indeed.
Jim is such a lovely man and always has nice words for both Kaley and Mayim but I do think he is closer to Kaley and likes Shenny scenes more than the rest.
It's funny I used to read Orangeland (thanks for that Tuesday's Pajamas) and another fanforum, mostly started reading for spoilers, and they get carried away with Shamy to the extent the talk as if Jim and Mayim are crushing on one another IRL.
I stopped going when I read the delusional.

Holy crap I remember hearing about that insane shit girl! O_O Those freaks also thought that Jim was the reason for her divorce, guess they forgot the dude is already frigging married! And now hearing that one of them cried themselves to sleep because Sheldon was treating Amy horribly well that made me even MORE convinced that these people have some SERIOUS problems. They should learn the difference between reality and fiction more often that way they don't forget and hurt themselves more than they already do. You're right about what you said before, they're more infatuated with Jim than they are for Sheldon's character (whom they could care less about) and use Amy as their vehicle to put themselves into her character and imagine themselves as his GF during an episode marathon. What a bunch of creeps man.

I too hate how they always pair up Jim and Mayim in every photo shoot during the ceremonies just to add more believability to the canon ship, it's ridiculous. He seems like a naturally respectful guy so of course he's going to be friendly with Mayim especially since they have the most scenes together ever since season four but I can't exactly remember if he ever said anything about enjoying his scenes the most with her if he did then I believe it's all a set up IMO, again he IS a gifted actor. But I doubt they hang out all that much in public like he and Kaley do. And yes he most DEFINITELY looks way better next to someone as stylish and drop dead gorgeous as Kaley, don't all gay men do? LOL. I think during the early seasons he called her adorable, cute or something sweet like that. Heart Don't think he's ever said that about Mayim now did he? Sleepy

Ironic that the canons not only call us 'delusional' but that we need a 'reality check' about a ship that's never going to happen. We've been aware of that since forever and you don't see us complaining about it as much as we used to anymore. They don't understand that we DO get it, accepted it and have tried our best to move on from it but they just enjoy acting like immature brats and rubbing it in our faces every time they feel threatened. These canons are the most fanatic and spoiled fans I have ever seen in a sitcom. It's as if I have to hold a lighter and a hair spray can if I ever accidentally come across one of their forums.
The following 1 user Likes Jislane35's post:
  • chaotic temptation
(01-14-2014, 07:04 AM)Jislane35 Wrote:
(01-14-2014, 06:28 AM)taffinabean Wrote:
(01-14-2014, 06:04 AM)Jislane35 Wrote: I agree. That was the most disturbing and unnecessary moments of the show on top of him wearing that humiliating French maid outfit. There's just no sex appeal coming out of the Shamy, Jim and Mayim just don't have that kind of red hot chemistry that him and Kaley have. I'm very happy to hear that he does in fact enjoy his scenes with Kaley very much and that he gets even more excited on doing something with her after a long time of not doing much together. They are best friends after all and also have awesome off screen chemistry so that makes things more fun and comfortable for them. I really doubt Jim thought the spanking scene was all that great, remember he IS an actor so for all we know he may have just been hiding his discomfort/disgust for that scene especially since he seemed to have been avoiding the main question on whether or not he enjoyed it. I'm pretty sure he once mentioned liking his moments with Mayim but I'm not sure he ever described it the way he did with Kaley.

Disturbing indeed.
Jim is such a lovely man and always has nice words for both Kaley and Mayim but I do think he is closer to Kaley and likes Shenny scenes more than the rest.
It's funny I used to read Orangeland (thanks for that Tuesday's Pajamas) and another fanforum, mostly started reading for spoilers, and they get carried away with Shamy to the extent the talk as if Jim and Mayim are crushing on one another IRL.
I stopped going when I read the delusional.

Holy crap I remember hearing about that insane shit girl! O_O Those freaks also thought that Jim was the reason for her divorce, guess they forgot the dude is already frigging married! And now hearing that one of them cried themselves to sleep because Sheldon was treating Amy horribly well that made me even MORE convinced that these people have some SERIOUS problems. They should learn the difference between reality and fiction more often that way they don't forget and hurt themselves more than they already do. You're right about what you said before, they're more infatuated with Jim than they are for Sheldon's character (whom they could care less about) and use Amy as their vehicle to put themselves into her character and imagine themselves as his GF during an episode marathon. What a bunch of creeps man.

I too hate how they always pair up Jim and Mayim in every photo shoot during the ceremonies just to add more believability to the canon ship, it's ridiculous. He seems like a naturally respectful guy so of course he's going to be friendly with Mayim especially since they have the most scenes together ever since season four but I can't exactly remember if he ever said anything about enjoying his scenes the most with her if he did then I believe it's all a set up IMO, again he IS a gifted actor. But I doubt they hang out all that much in public like he and Kaley do. And yes he most DEFINITELY looks way better next to someone as stylish and drop dead gorgeous as Kaley, don't all gay men do? LOL. I think during the early seasons he called her adorable, cute or something sweet like that. Heart Don't think he's ever said that about Mayim now did he? Sleepy

Ironic that the canons not only call us 'delusional' but that we need a 'reality check' about a ship that's never going to happen. We've been aware of that since forever and you don't see us complaining about it as much as we used to anymore. They don't understand that we DO get it, accepted it and have tried our best to move on from it but they just enjoy acting like immature brats and rubbing it in our faces every time they feel threatened. These canons are the most fanatic and spoiled fans I have ever seen in a sitcom. It's as if I have to hold a lighter and a hair spray can if I ever accidentally come across one of their forums.

Yea, I read a little of the GG thread on a fan forum at work just to see who won and I saw they were talking about the video where Laura Saltman suggested Shenny be the end game. This was before I even knew the video existed, and was wondering wtf they were talking about, anyway, they were laughing at her delusion. They said they felt bad for Jim who was clearly saying "it's not going to happen" in his own way.
Sure he said he can't imagine how it could happen but so what? He also said anything is possible and in the end they do what tptb want and say what tptb want them to say.
No star on a show is going to go against the writers and producers. They're gonna tow the company line. If somehow next season tptb made Shenny go out or catch romantic feelings, then Jim would be singing a different tune because he's promoting the vision of his employers. He already said once that it's their vision and he interprets it but doesn't get involved with changing lines or the story.
Jim doesn't know what will happen, he's just enjoying what is probably one of the best jobs in the world!
It's completely frustrating how the writers had her not be attracted to him during season 4 and was more interested in guys like Zack then once season 5 came outta nowhere this girl wants to get inside Sheldon's pants and I'm just sitting here like the F***?! And it's even worse because she's still attracted to Zack and other hot guys who are nothing like Sheldon yet she still wants to get him in bed. Makes no sense.

Hm. That's exactly what bothers me. I really don't like the way the writers/directors treat the characters on this show. Very inconsistent. They've completely stopped taking the core definitions of the characters into account, instead bending them to fit a particular arc or situation. The outcome should always be moulded around the characters, not the other way round. Call me superficial, Confused but I think Sheldon deserves someone sexier. To me the "growing" of Sheldon's character should have come from him having a mature, slightly flirtatious but ultimately innocent relationship, not a mismatched setting up with a character that has clearly been created as a dynamic-changer and nothing else. They have tried to make her into a fully formed character, but I just think she dhould have been a temporary dynamic-changing character (like Stephanie, or Zack or someone) that would turn up, add some "are we going to find out Sheldon's 'deal?' " drama, and then disappear. I do not think she is a strong enough character to be part of the main cast, or indeed still part of the show at all. I could not imagine Homo Novus standing for such treatment. I really don't think the writers handle plot well.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
The following 3 users Like Wisp's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, taffinabean, FranEssi
(01-14-2014, 04:18 PM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote: Hm. That's exactly what bothers me. I really don't like the way the writers/directors treat the characters on this show. Very inconsistent. They've completely stopped taking the core definitions of the characters into account, instead bending them to fit a particular arc or situation. The outcome should always be moulded around the characters, not the other way round. Call me superficial, Confused but I think Sheldon deserves someone sexier. To me the "growing" of Sheldon's character should have come from him having a mature, slightly flirtatious but ultimately innocent relationship, not a mismatched setting up with a character that has clearly been created as a dynamic-changer and nothing else. They have tried to make her into a fully formed character, but I just think she dhould have been a temporary dynamic-changing character (like Stephanie, or Zack or someone) that would turn up, add some "are we going to find out Sheldon's 'deal?' " drama, and then disappear. I do not think she is a strong enough character to be part of the main cast, or indeed still part of the show at all. I could not imagine Homo Novus standing for such treatment. I really don't think the writers handle plot well.

They don't handle characterization well at all. And yes I agree that Sheldon deserves someone sexier. It would work so much better on all levels.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Wisp
(01-14-2014, 04:18 PM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote: I really don't think the writers handle pot well.

Corrected. Big Grin
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß
The following 4 users Like Berliner's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, taffinabean, FranEssi, chaotic temptation
(01-14-2014, 04:18 PM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote: Hm. That's exactly what bothers me. I really don't like the way the writers/directors treat the characters on this show. Very inconsistent. They've completely stopped taking the core definitions of the characters into account, instead bending them to fit a particular arc or situation. The outcome should always be molded around the characters, not the other way round. Call me superficial, Confused but I think Sheldon deserves someone sexier. To me the "growing" of Sheldon's character should have come from him having a mature, slightly flirtatious but ultimately innocent relationship, not a mismatched setting up with a character that has clearly been created as a dynamic-changer and nothing else. They have tried to make her into a fully formed character, but I just think she should have been a temporary dynamic-changing character (like Stephanie, or Zack or someone) that would turn up, add some "are we going to find out Sheldon's 'deal?' " drama, and then disappear. I do not think she is a strong enough character to be part of the main cast, or indeed still part of the show at all. I could not imagine Homo Novus standing for such treatment. I really don't think the writers handle plot well.
I agree with this post so much.

Every classic/great sitcom the characters were consistent because it shows fully realized developed characters and writing.
You knew exactly how Mary or Rhoda would react in any situation, or Sam and Diane, or Fraiser and Nyles, or the cast of Seinfeld and Friends.
The shows above didn't have the characters all over the place at their core. Sure they moved jobs, relationships, pregnancy but they kept it consistent with the character people knew and loved.
TBBT is a mess, and Amy is the biggest mistake this show ever made.
Of course with all the media accolades and stratospheric ratings, I'm sure TPTB think the opposite.
They think they really turned the show around with brilliant deep characters who are growing and maturing. You know they think this by the things they say in interviews.

I'm all for Amy getting off the show as a main character as well. I know some want her with Leonard or Raj as maybe a desperate move to make room for Shenny or something but I don't think she fits with any of the guys on the show, and barely fits as Penny's friend.
The Amy character is a big mess more than anything, and has contributed to the downgrading of one of the most interesting characters written for a show in over a decade; Sheldon.
There are glimpses of old Sheldon when he's alone with Penny, but that's few and far between.
He's now a baby with less intelligent conversation, and also flops at his job.
This show will never win an industry award for best comedy series due to the shitty inconsistent writing.

(01-14-2014, 01:49 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Jim doesn't know what will happen, he's just enjoying what is probably one of the best jobs in the world!

I agree but it's aggravating he was so adamant at first with his there is not imagination in the world for this to happen comment. Basically that's what he meant.
Just say "Well you never know what is going to happen. The writers are great and will do whatever they think is best" or something diplomatic like that.
The following 1 user Likes taffinabean's post:
  • Wisp
Yes but Jim had the same problem coming up with a scenario for Sheldon and Amy to have sex, when he was asked that. He's a great actor but he's no storyteller and he's always quick to say it's all the writers. I thought he sounded fairly open minded about the whole thing.
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • taffinabean, FranEssi
(01-15-2014, 03:01 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Yes but Jim had the same problem coming up with a scenario for Sheldon and Amy to have sex, when he was asked that. He's a great actor but he's no storyteller and he's always quick to say it's all the writers. I thought he sounded fairly open minded about the whole thing.

True. I guess I'm a Shenny Zealot and want total dedication and enthusiasm. Say "HELL YES I CAN SEE IT HAPPENING" or I'm not gonna be happy.Tongue
He was at least enthused about the idea of Shamy having sex. Ironically Mayim was always the one in interviews saying she thought their relationship should move slow and was happy with it being static.
For those curious, or who haven't seen it, the full exchange between Jim and Shenny shipping reporter:

Quote:Jim: I literally do not have enough imagination to figure out how that would ever happen.

Reporter: I think it could happen.

Jim: Sure it could. It’s all about science.

Science=Chemistry. TBH, it doesn't sound like a gentle let-down to me. Big Grin
The following 2 users Like CassandraElise's post:
  • taffinabean, Gamma