Off Topic
(01-14-2014, 05:00 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Welcome Mr Ses! Good to see you round these parts. Smile

Thank You Tuesday Pajamas! Good to be here. Smile
(01-14-2014, 03:50 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: But for Jim to admit he gets "most joy" from Shenny scenes (what about the spanking?) has left me a little giddy with happiness. Blush

He talked about how he enjoys the Shenny scenes the most in an interview he did before season 7 started too. It was his interview with Gold Derby editors about his Emmy nomination. Here is the link to the interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtBngUkKSEY

It's a long interview. Due to my very slow Internet connection at the moment, I'm afraid I can't say at what minute of the video the comment about Sheldon and Penny happens. IIRC, Jim also talks about the spanking scene, and it's interesting that he says he was very angry when he was asked to do that scene. Apparently, according to the script, the actual spanking was supposed to happen off screen. The script had Sheldon saying that he was going to spank Amy and then the camera was supposed to pan out or something. But they suddenly decided that it would be funny if they had Sheldon actually spank Amy. Jim talks about how he is not very good at multitasking (I guess meaning that he likes things to remain the way they have been written in the script and have been rehearsed beforehand) and that's why he was angry when he was asked to do the spanking scene. Of course he made the "I've never been angrier..." comment quickly and in a good-natured manner while laughing it off, and went on to say how that scene and its takes made them laugh behind the scenes, but I think that brief comment does show that he was not very OK with doing the scene.

He then praised Mayim as an actress and her ability at being spontaneous and at multitasking, because apparently, unlike Jim, Mayim was OK with the sudden changes to the script and with being asked to do the spanking scene on the spot. While he praised her as an actress, he didn't say anything at all about enjoying his/his character's scenes with Mayim/her character.
(01-14-2014, 02:06 AM)Jislane35 Wrote: Whoever made that comment about her being his surrogate mother wanting to have sex with him? Yeah. THAT is exactly what you can describe for that farce 'relationship'. I don't think these writers know what they're doing with this ship anymore and have become lost with them, the only thing they do have in their mind for them is the sex. I'm so scared on what they'll prepare for the canon ships next month on Valentine's Day well on the bright side at least this current season is half way through.

That would be me. Big Grin http://shennyhq.co.uk/dir/showthread.php...589#pid589

And of course everything will be fine for the canons. We'll be getting those "Aww" moments where the Lenny and Shamy will do/say something sweet. Doesn't matter if it's going to sound forced.
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß
(01-14-2014, 05:09 AM)FranEssi Wrote: He talked about how he enjoys the Shenny scenes the most in an interview he did before season 7 started too. It was his interview with Gold Derby editors about his Emmy nomination. Here is the link to the interview:

Oh I didn't know that. Haven't been watching his videos lately. But it's great to know!

It sounds like the spanking was sprung on both of them. I could sense their embarrassment but they handled it will good humor. Still I thought it was in poor taste.
(01-14-2014, 04:58 AM)ses1515 Wrote:
(01-14-2014, 04:25 AM)taffinabean Wrote:
(01-14-2014, 04:01 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: At the Golden Globes just last night! The video is on the thread. He said he got the most joy from Shenny scenes and they were The Odd Couple of the show. Go... watch it.... it is in the Weekly Email Blast thread. It's rather special. Smile Oh he said "real joy" not most. "No scenes more fun to do"

OMG See now I'm losing my head getting excited again. Wink

I bet the other site is seething. Of course he loves them together, they have best chemistry.
Also, when they are alone together in scenes the writers get them correct. They write them as fully realized characters unlike when they have Sheldon and Penny in scenes with others on the show. Sheldon is an adult when alone with Penny. He confides things in a serious mature matter like telling her she hurt his feelings, telling her she should go for her dreams etc. His humor/sarcastic barbs is even more adult and funny with Penny. He's a complete man. With Amy, in order to shoe-horn Sheldon into this relationship they twist and turn him into God knows what around Amy. Immature, not intelligent, unaware of his own friend's feelings and wishes, not aware of sexual innuendo as a child would be.
So weird.

Anyway I'm happy to know Jim thinks like us. TOOT TOOT.

It's just a shame the show has Jim always posing with Mayim and sitting next to her at events to push the canon. With all due respect they don't even have much chemistry as real people off the set. Mayim is fine and all but sorry, she has no sex appeal and dresses like a frump.
I know Jim is gay, but in general gay men love them some gorgeous women and style.
Big Grin

I have to see this video. This is my first post on the Shennyhq forum. Feels good. Smile

Welcome SES!! Heart

I think SpacedUp did a wonderful job here, and now we got a hit thread!!

(01-14-2014, 05:09 AM)FranEssi Wrote:
(01-14-2014, 03:50 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: But for Jim to admit he gets "most joy" from Shenny scenes (what about the spanking?) has left me a little giddy with happiness. Blush

He talked about how he enjoys the Shenny scenes the most in an interview he did before season 7 started too. It was his interview with Gold Derby editors about his Emmy nomination. Here is the link to the interview:

It's a long interview. Due to my very slow Internet connection at the moment, I'm afraid I can't say at what minute of the video the comment about Sheldon and Penny happens. IIRC, Jim also talks about the spanking scene, and it's interesting that he says he was very angry when he was asked to do that scene. Apparently, according to the script, the actual spanking was supposed to happen off screen. The script had Sheldon saying that he was going to spank Amy and then the camera was supposed to pan out or something. But they suddenly decided that it would be funny if they had Sheldon actually spank Amy. Jim talks about how he is not very good at multitasking (I guess meaning that he likes things to remain the way they have been written in the script and have been rehearsed beforehand) and that's why he was angry when he was asked to do the spanking scene. Of course he made the "I've never been angrier..." comment quickly and in a good-natured manner while laughing it off, and went on to say how that scene and its takes made them laugh behind the scenes, but I think that brief comment does show that he was not very OK with doing the scene.

He then praised Mayim as an actress and her ability at being spontaneous and at multitasking, because apparently, unlike Jim, Mayim was OK with the sudden changes to the script and with being asked to do the spanking scene on the spot. While he praised her as an actress, he didn't say anything at all about enjoying his/his character's scenes with Mayim/her character.
Thanks.
Good Lord, I get tired of him being asked about that horribly creepy unsexy spanking scene. It was hardest thing to watch. The interviewers always present it as some big sexy hot moment. ..ENOUGH.
(01-14-2014, 05:42 AM)taffinabean Wrote:
(01-14-2014, 04:58 AM)ses1515 Wrote:
(01-14-2014, 04:25 AM)taffinabean Wrote:
(01-14-2014, 04:01 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: At the Golden Globes just last night! The video is on the thread. He said he got the most joy from Shenny scenes and they were The Odd Couple of the show. Go... watch it.... it is in the Weekly Email Blast thread. It's rather special. Smile Oh he said "real joy" not most. "No scenes more fun to do"

OMG See now I'm losing my head getting excited again. Wink

I bet the other site is seething. Of course he loves them together, they have best chemistry.
Also, when they are alone together in scenes the writers get them correct. They write them as fully realized characters unlike when they have Sheldon and Penny in scenes with others on the show. Sheldon is an adult when alone with Penny. He confides things in a serious mature matter like telling her she hurt his feelings, telling her she should go for her dreams etc. His humor/sarcastic barbs is even more adult and funny with Penny. He's a complete man. With Amy, in order to shoe-horn Sheldon into this relationship they twist and turn him into God knows what around Amy. Immature, not intelligent, unaware of his own friend's feelings and wishes, not aware of sexual innuendo as a child would be.
So weird.

Anyway I'm happy to know Jim thinks like us. TOOT TOOT.

It's just a shame the show has Jim always posing with Mayim and sitting next to her at events to push the canon. With all due respect they don't even have much chemistry as real people off the set. Mayim is fine and all but sorry, she has no sex appeal and dresses like a frump.
I know Jim is gay, but in general gay men love them some gorgeous women and style.
Big Grin

I have to see this video. This is my first post on the Shennyhq forum. Feels good. Smile

Welcome SES!! Heart

I think SpacedUp did a wonderful job here, and now we got a hit thread!!

(01-14-2014, 05:09 AM)FranEssi Wrote:

Thanks.
Good Lord, I get tired of him being asked about that horribly creepy unsexy spanking scene. It was hardest thing to watch. The interviewers always present it as some big sexy hot moment. ..ENOUGH.

I agree. That was the most disturbing and unnecessary moments of the show on top of him wearing that humiliating French maid outfit. There's just no sex appeal coming out of the Shamy, Jim and Mayim just don't have that kind of red hot chemistry that him and Kaley have. I'm very happy to hear that he does in fact enjoy his scenes with Kaley very much and that he gets even more excited on doing something with her after a long time of not doing much together. They are best friends after all and also have awesome off screen chemistry so that makes things more fun and comfortable for them. I really doubt Jim thought the spanking scene was all that great, remember he IS an actor so for all we know he may have just been hiding his discomfort/disgust for that scene especially since he seemed to have been avoiding the main question on whether or not he enjoyed it. I'm pretty sure he once mentioned liking his moments with Mayim but I'm not sure he ever described it the way he did with Kaley.
(01-14-2014, 05:42 AM)taffinabean Wrote: Thanks.
You're welcome.
I agree. The scene was stupid. As Tuesday Pajamas said it was in poor taste. I think it's better to try and pretend it never happened! Although as I understand, many Shamy fans must love that scene. They do, don't they?
(01-14-2014, 06:04 AM)Jislane35 Wrote: I agree. That was the most disturbing and unnecessary moments of the show on top of him wearing that humiliating French maid outfit. There's just no sex appeal coming out of the Shamy, Jim and Mayim just don't have that kind of red hot chemistry that him and Kaley have. I'm very happy to hear that he does in fact enjoy his scenes with Kaley very much and that he gets even more excited on doing something with her after a long time of not doing much together. They are best friends after all and also have awesome off screen chemistry so that makes things more fun and comfortable for them. I really doubt Jim thought the spanking scene was all that great, remember he IS an actor so for all we know he may have just been hiding his discomfort/disgust for that scene especially since he seemed to have been avoiding the main question on whether or not he enjoyed it. I'm pretty sure he once mentioned liking his moments with Mayim but I'm not sure he ever described it the way he did with Kaley.

Disturbing indeed.
Jim is such a lovely man and always has nice words for both Kaley and Mayim but I do think he is closer to Kaley and likes Shenny scenes more than the rest.
It's funny I used to read Orangeland (thanks for that Tuesday's Pajamas) and another fanforum, mostly started reading for spoilers, and they get carried away with Shamy to the extent the talk as if Jim and Mayim are crushing on one another IRL.
I stopped going when I read the delusional.

(01-14-2014, 06:07 AM)FranEssi Wrote: You're welcome.
I agree. The scene was stupid. As Tuesday Pajamas said it was in poor taste. I think it's better to try and pretend it never happened! Although as I understand, many Shamy fans must love that scene. They do, don't they?

Oh yes, the spanking scene is the Holy Grail of all Shamyites.
(01-14-2014, 05:18 AM)Berliner Wrote: And of course everything will be fine for the canons. We'll be getting those "Aww" moments where the Lenny and Shamy will do/say something sweet. Doesn't matter if it's going to sound forced.

I'm so over Amy. Is it me or did her novelty already wear off in the media? At first it was a big deal "Blossom" was back on TV and was a real physicist irl therefore she is perfect for the show and Sheldon. Now it's swinging back to Shenny a little.
At this point she's a non-factor to me. I will always see her as an interloper if she stays Sheldon's girlfriend.

I'm dreading the VDay special. I wish tptb would be creative and shake it up and do something different.
I mean it's a comedy, it's not that deep. Why are they too afraid to shake up Lenny and Shamy and on a LONG term basis not over two or three episodes. I don't get why they act as if everyone is tuning in to see some big romance and ending the two main ships would kill the show. wtf!!

(01-14-2014, 06:34 AM)Major Gripe Wrote: If I may just interject in this lengthy conversation to say, I thoroughly enjoyed Sheldon's moment of intense snarkiness with the meditation program. I presume that was Penny's phone.

His yoga faces were also highly risible.

You know, I didn't think it was Penny's phone but it could be because you're right why would he have that on his phone? Then the yoga scene confirms she was the one listening to the meditation lectures/lessons on her phone.
ha
It was funny as hell, the entire episode was good, with the exception of Amy's sub-plot which was unfunny, dull, and beyond pointless. And While the Bernie/Stuart sub-plot was also useless at least it was funny and, Stuart's reactions to Bernie's crazy ass was cute.
(01-14-2014, 06:34 AM)Major Gripe Wrote: If I may just interject in this lengthy conversation to say, I thoroughly enjoyed Sheldon's moment of intense snarkiness with the meditation program. I presume that was Penny's phone.

His yoga faces were also highly risible.

I think I was the one who originally derailed this thread. Blush It's gone a little off topic now. So you're seen the episode finally? I expect your full report tomorrow. Tongue