Off Topic
(01-14-2014, 02:06 AM)Jislane35 Wrote: I don't see what's so great about her character that people adore about her.

I think a LOT of the new audience identify themselves strongly with Amy. That's why they go absolutely insane when anyone criticizes the character. They take it VERY personally. They/Amy are the homely misfits who have always been left out of the "cool" crowd. The Penny-types made fun of their looks and their clothes. That's why Amy went so overboard with her infatuation with Penny when they became friends, even though Penny was exactly the type that had bullied her. She was finally experiencing what she'd missed out on. Her fans seem to be living their lives thru her. If "ugly duckling" Amy can find love and happiness then there's hope for them too. It's really kind of sad.
The following 1 user Likes FlyingMonkey's post:
  • Wisp
(01-14-2014, 03:16 AM)FlyingMonkey Wrote:
(01-14-2014, 02:06 AM)Jislane35 Wrote: I don't see what's so great about her character that people adore about her.

I think a LOT of the new audience identify themselves strongly with Amy. That's why they go absolutely insane when anyone criticizes the character. They take it VERY personally. They/Amy are the homely misfits who have always been left out of the "cool" crowd. The Penny-types made fun of their looks and their clothes. That's why Amy went so overboard with her infatuation with Penny when they became friends, even though Penny was exactly the type that had bullied her. She was finally experiencing what she'd missed out on. Her fans seem to be living their lives thru her. If "ugly duckling" Amy can find love and happiness then there's hope for them too. It's really kind of sad.

You couldn't be more right about that and they do the same thing with anybody who mocks Leonard as well. It's no wonder i see so many of them brag about how 'beautiful' Amy or the actress is. It IS sad but at the same time they shouldn't take things so personally from a FICTIONAL character, it's unhealthy IMO. Funny how very few people relate with Sheldon's character, I used to relate a lot with Penny and saw many fans say rude things about her character but I was never crazy enough to think that they were aiming that towards people like myself. That would've been too weird and immature of me to do, the canons take the mocking of Leonard and Amy way out of proportion. They can't seem to handle the ugly truth and must be very lonely people with little to no social life.
(01-14-2014, 03:16 AM)taffinabean Wrote: I'd rather they just end all Shenny moments now if in the end of the series it's gonna be Lenny and Shamy riding off together in the sunset.

They show has became too predictable and I know the writers are using Shenny to add an element of doubt. To spice things up and stop the canons being so complacent. I'm just enjoying the scenes because they are still the best thing about the show and always will be.

But I do get why the crumbs they are throwing at us don't interest you. They will snatch it back with some forced scene between Sheldon and Amy that they dare to call intimate. I know this will happen soon enough. But for Jim to admit he gets "most joy" from Shenny scenes (what about the spanking?) has left me a little giddy with happiness. Blush

Perhaps they do, or perhaps they have convinced themselves they do. I have a hard time knowing who the character is. They have changed her so much she could represent anyone. But maybe that's the trick she has become anyone and everyone.

I think that's half of it, and the other half is a lot of them fancy Jim, and wanna see Sheldon dragged to romanticland to live out some crush they have on Jim. Amy is that vehicle. Sure Penny could be the vehicle, but they've attached their fantasy to it being Amy and that's that.

Quote:They show has became too predictable and I know the writers are using Shenny to add an element of doubt. To spice things up and stop the canons being so complacent. I'm just enjoying the scenes because they are still the best thing about the show and always will be.

But I do get why the crumbs they are throwing at us don't interest you. They will snatch it back with some forced scene between Sheldon and Amy that they dare to call intimate. I know this will happen soon enough. But for Jim to admit he gets "most joy" from Shenny scenes (what about the spanking?) has left me a little giddy with happiness

Oh I LOVE the moments we get, and I get caught up in themas evidence by my posting on this board and Paradox, but then I know what's around the corner. Undecided

When did Jim say this? Was this after Shamy became a couple?

PS.
Another example of SM and tptb sticking it to Shenny fans. The fact they knew the term Shenny was used all over the place to show our love of Sheldon and Penny, so what did they do? Have PENNY of all people give Amy and Sheldon the term Shamy. Another middle finger to us.
The following 1 user Likes taffinabean's post:
  • chaotic temptation
(01-14-2014, 03:16 AM)taffinabean Wrote: Frankly, I'd rather they just end all Shenny moments now if in the end of the series it's gonna be Lenny and Shamy riding off together in the sunset.

But is there any doubt whatsoever that's how the show WILL end? That's why all the angst and emotion on the other site about the status of the relationships is so silly. One poster actually said she cried herself to sleep one night because Sheldon was so cold to Amy when she loves him so much. That's just scary.
The writers wil make sure that everyone is happily paired up when the show finally ends. Lenny, Shamy and Howardette are already settled despite whatever short-term roadblocks they throw in their way . The only "suspense" will be who they pair Raj and Stuart with.
At the Golden Globes just last night! The video is on the thread. He said he got the most joy from Shenny scenes and they were The Odd Couple of the show. Go... watch it.... it is in the Weekly Email Blast thread. It's rather special. Smile Oh he said "real joy" not most. "No scenes more fun to do"
(01-14-2014, 04:01 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: At the Golden Globes just last night! The video is on the thread. He said he got the most joy from Shenny scenes and they were The Odd Couple of the show. Go... watch it.... it is in the Weekly Email Blast thread. It's rather special. Smile Oh he said "real joy" not most. "No scenes more fun to do"

OMG See now I'm losing my head getting excited again. Wink

I bet the other site is seething. Of course he loves them together, they have best chemistry.
Also, when they are alone together in scenes the writers get them correct. They write them as fully realized characters unlike when they have Sheldon and Penny in scenes with others on the show. Sheldon is an adult when alone with Penny. He confides things in a serious mature matter like telling her she hurt his feelings, telling her she should go for her dreams etc. His humor/sarcastic barbs is even more adult and funny with Penny. He's a complete man. With Amy, in order to shoe-horn Sheldon into this relationship they twist and turn him into God knows what around Amy. Immature, not intelligent, unaware of his own friend's feelings and wishes, not aware of sexual innuendo as a child would be.
So weird.

Anyway I'm happy to know Jim thinks like us. TOOT TOOT.

It's just a shame the show has Jim always posing with Mayim and sitting next to her at events to push the canon. With all due respect they don't even have much chemistry as real people off the set. Mayim is fine and all but sorry, she has no sex appeal and dresses like a frump.
I know Jim is gay, but in general gay men love them some gorgeous women and style.
Big Grin
It's the last thing I expected Jim to say. Especially now. Over the last two years all we have heard how much he enjoys working with Mayim, and I'm sure he does. They get on very well. But he said "no scenes more fun" and that makes me very happy. Because it shows!
(01-14-2014, 04:25 AM)taffinabean Wrote:
(01-14-2014, 04:01 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: At the Golden Globes just last night! The video is on the thread. He said he got the most joy from Shenny scenes and they were The Odd Couple of the show. Go... watch it.... it is in the Weekly Email Blast thread. It's rather special. Smile Oh he said "real joy" not most. "No scenes more fun to do"

OMG See now I'm losing my head getting excited again. Wink

I bet the other site is seething. Of course he loves them together, they have best chemistry.
Also, when they are alone together in scenes the writers get them correct. They write them as fully realized characters unlike when they have Sheldon and Penny in scenes with others on the show. Sheldon is an adult when alone with Penny. He confides things in a serious mature matter like telling her she hurt his feelings, telling her she should go for her dreams etc. His humor/sarcastic barbs is even more adult and funny with Penny. He's a complete man. With Amy, in order to shoe-horn Sheldon into this relationship they twist and turn him into God knows what around Amy. Immature, not intelligent, unaware of his own friend's feelings and wishes, not aware of sexual innuendo as a child would be.
So weird.

Anyway I'm happy to know Jim thinks like us. TOOT TOOT.

It's just a shame the show has Jim always posing with Mayim and sitting next to her at events to push the canon. With all due respect they don't even have much chemistry as real people off the set. Mayim is fine and all but sorry, she has no sex appeal and dresses like a frump.
I know Jim is gay, but in general gay men love them some gorgeous women and style.
Big Grin

I have to see this video. This is my first post on the Shennyhq forum. Feels good. Smile
Welcome Mr Ses! Good to see you round these parts. Smile