The Writing Room
Here it is folks. A list of credits (according to Wiki) for each writer over the seasons. This takes into account the plot/story idea only at this stage. I know dialogue can make a great story even better, so I will do the teleplay list as well. Here, you can clearly see the shift in power and pick out your fave writers. See which individuals got credits for writing which seasons.

Please note:
Season 3 only has 17 eps.
Chuck always gets a credit if he's in the room, he always get the first credit... so his totals are harder to judge.

Note Lee Aronsolm in S3 and S4 - he's credited after Chuck, so he's writing a lot of these. Prady is showrunner.

Moralo officially takes over as showrunner in 6, but I remember that it was announced mid-season S5 (Nov-Dec if I recall correctly), so I think Moralo was already in place or at least doing a handover.

The following 5 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Nutz, devilbk, Toad, wellplayedpenny
Prady wasn't around much. Chuck was but by this stage he's just getting paid for turning up. Big Grin sass I suspect Moralo as showrunner has the bigger influence.

Okay, now Chuck's off doing other things...

The following 3 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Nutz, Toad

The ones who are gone…

Richard Rosenstock - S2-3 writing credits (consulting producer on 46 episodes till the end of S3. Then went to Arrested Development.)
Tim Doyle - S2 writing credits (then worked on Better off Ted, Rules of Engagement, Last Man Standing , The Real O'Neals)
Daley Haggar - S2 writing credits (then worked on Anger Management)
Jennifer Glickman - S1 writing credits (Then went to Rita Rocks, Shake it up! and Melissa & Joey)
Eddie Gorodetsky - S4 writing credits (consulting producer until S7, then went to Mom)
Stephen Engel - S1-2 writing credits. (consulting producer until end of S2. Then went to A.N.T Farm and Might Med)

Oh last but in no way least...
Lee Aronsolm - S1-4 A huge 25 writing credits!!! (The creator of Two and a half men.)
The following 3 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Nutz, Toad
So here we have it. the shift in power in the Big Bang writers room. The newer guys see Sheldon as someone to mould they don't get the old Sheldon. He's difficult and problematic to write. So they write an episode like Earworm which could work if it weren't for the song they picked. (Even though I love the song). But Sheldon would never think, nor SHOULD THIS CHARACTER EVER SAY that he was "living like half a man" because of who he is. It's wrong on so many levels. Sheldon is not half a man. He's different. So this is a massive fail in my book.

Moralo is in charge now and he must have a narrow view of the world because he doesn't support a character who doesn't need to define himself by someone else. Moralo has always been on the show, he's been strong and talented and was the obvious choice to hand the show over too. Perhaps no one else wanted to do it! Prady and Chuck had to step back eventually. They must be knackered and it seems they have other ideas they want to pursue, so they have had to let it go. They are still there but they have to let the new guy make his own choices.
The following 5 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Nutz, devilbk, Toad, wellplayedpenny
To get a sense of where Prady and Lorre are coming from, try looking at it this way. You had a kid. He/she grew up and is successful beyond your wildest dreams. You are very proud. The kid is definitely taking care of your very comfortable retirement. And the kid now does just fine with hardly any input from you. Why get more involved again? Instead, try to do it agin with another project. And that's pretty much what's happened.
The following 3 users Like devilbk's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Nutz, Toad
That said, if the kid went from being a wildly successful actor/doctor/inventor/chip-shop owner (whatever) to being a wildly successful seller of illicitly gained ivory, or a wildly successful crack merchant, or a dubious politician, I'd probably want to step in again.

Step in again Lorre.

BACK IN THE WORM.

[Image: be593adf56fd2b4507dafc687a675b20.jpg]

(please Wine )
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"