20.00%
1 20.00%
3 Dirty Socks
60.00%
3 60.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

9.23 The Line Substitution Solution
(05-07-2016, 12:02 PM)Kimk26 Wrote: You know what's interesting to me? Well, we're having a kind of problem with Beverly liking Amy here, and seeing the Sheldon/Amy relationship as successful, right? Well, consider Beverly and her track record with men. She's a ball-breaker. She produced Leonard, a real mess of an individual. Low self-esteem, insecure, doomed to dysfunctional relationships with women, as a consequence of her all-out rejection/criticism of him. And even drove her own husband away with her clinical iciness. So it's no surprise at all she approves of Amy, as she admires her for breaking Sheldon's balls, apparently. The only confusing part..she always admired Sheldon. I suspect for the same reasons we have, for his strength. So you'd think she'd want his balls to remain intact. That's the irony here. Does she want Amy to turn Sheldon into another Leonard?

They blew the opportunity to reveal some Shenny to Beverly. Amy was blaming everything on Sheldon and Penny didn't say anything to protect him. She should nudge Amy just a little bit, to throw her into another tantrum.

Things would turn out differently, if Amy would spill everything she knows about Shenny to Beverly, in hopes to wreck Lenny marriage. She is desperate enough to do it. She clearly cares nothing about Leonard, hates Shenny and is jealous of Penny, because Penny represents everything she can't have. Beauty, friends, marriage, normal life,...

But now, Beverly has no idea what kind of manipulative nutcase Amy really is.
Beverly praising the Shamy is like Stuart praising the Lenny a few seasons ago. They have to tell us that Shamy and Lenny are good and right, yet what is actually shown doesn't match up with that, even if the intent was to try to convey "funny" by creating couple conflict.
And another thing, why doesn't Beverly realize that the former astronaut husband and the guy in the ersatz homosexual marriage are the same person?
[Image: amy%20jealous_zpsuonvmkxa.jpg]

I saw that Amy quote doing the rounds on CBS twitter and couldn't resist. Not only has Penny been calling Sheldon "Honey" and "Sweetie" for nine years and never heard a complaint but Sheldon called Penny "Babe" in S7 and "Kitten" in S5. His grandma also calls him "Moonpie". If this is an example of trying to make a distinction between his feelings for Amy and Penny, its not a very good one. Sheldon likes baby names (deep down) and I'm sure Amy calls him "baboo".
The following 7 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Shellsyke, Toad, QueenOfShebaSays, devilbk, Gamma, CTR69, FlyingSolo
(05-11-2016, 08:47 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: [Image: amy%20jealous_zpsuonvmkxa.jpg]

I saw that Amy quote doing the rounds on CBS twitter and couldn't resist. Not only has Penny been calling Sheldon honey and sweetie for nine years and never had a complaint but Sheldon called Penny "babe" in S7 and "kitten" in S5.

That's awesome!
The following 2 users Like Shellsyke's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, Tuesday Pajamas
Also an excuse to dust off the old "Honey/Sweetie" metre we started in S7. Penny always favored "Honey" for Sheldon

[Image: 24125_900.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Toad
(05-11-2016, 08:59 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Also an excuse to dust off the old "Honey/Sweetie" metre we started in S7. Penny always favored "Honey" for Sheldon

[Image: 24125_900.jpg]

Still no Howard, huh? Big Grin