External Email Blasts
Sheldon's resistance to change in this instance is much like the immune system's resistance to infection. It fights and fights, but eventually is worn down, and dies a malingering, cankerous, ignoble death.

That metaphor is rather shonky, but it's late, I'm irritable, and the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

The very fact that a man who is passionate about so many things is so ambivalent, apathetic and indeed often belligerently resistant to this particular relationship has never won me over to the view that it's in any way natural or healthy. Surely, you know, if he loved Amy he wouldn't spend half his time bitching, or trying to finagle his way out of date nights. There's been bloody YEARS of that. Sometimes reluctance is because you're just not that keen, eh? You shouldn't have to be worn down into a screed before you marry someone. (*cough* Penny *cough*)  

"Shamy" seems like a situation that he's had to unwillingly adjust to, and now cannot break free from, owing to his propensity for rituals and habit. He'd be a prime candidate for Stockholm syndrome, if it ever came to it. Indeed that's what leaps to mind when I see Amy manipulating him every episode...But, sure, call it love, Molaro.  

Sheldon is a passionate character who leaps like a banshee into things that interest him. It wouldn't have taken 5 years to get this far if A) he was kept in character, B) he was genuinely in love.

It's all romcom bollocks for ratings anyroad. What happened to Sheldon's true love being science? That was a superb and noble thing. Why drag the blighter through the muck like every other character under the sun? Couldn't he have remained unique? And no, Shamy is not unique, it's had the most plebian, unsurprising arc on television. It's deliberately humdrum and conventional, presumably to offset the "quirkiness" of Sheldon. Well it doesn't work, it just diminishes his shine.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 3 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • CTR69, Jela, Nutz
How accurate is the shows depletion of East Texas?

https://www.houstoniamag.com/articles/20...as-houston

[Image: 0717-pop-culture-big-bang-theory_bkncwr.jpg]
Melissa Rauch is pregnant and she did a touching interview for Glamour. She's already showing and will be heavily pregnant by the time they start filming S11. We will have to see how the show handles this. There will be an absense, which they may chose to write in, but I guess we will see.

Dare I say, it's an opportunity for see the old Howard and Raj combo again. I don't really feel that Raj has done well as a character, since he lost his 'side-kick' status. Nothing they write seems to work. Instead of focusing on creating a sweet, insecure Raj, they tend to go with 'prat'. Which just makes him all the more irrelevant. Raj is always funnier alongside Howard and visa versa. It's another one of those things on the show that worked and which they 'developed' by marrying off Howard.
Aye. Sheldon and Penny, the alien and the human-all-too-human waitress, the odd couple, engaged in their various warfares (whilst learning from each other), Howard and Raj as an innovative mobile disaster duo with new shenanigans each week, and Leonard as the normie with all his incredibly unfortunate romantic scenarios. It was perfect.

Now we have three couples that frankly I can't tell apart (they have the same plots, engagements, jealousies, breakups, babies, rings, normal date nights at normal restaurants wearing normal beige clothes...Sheldon and Amy's relationship is the dullest of all, which is an impressive dampening of two originally interesting characters), two of which don't even seem to like their partners very much, and one lonely satellite of Raj, who, as PJ has said, has been turned into a prat.

What was the point of changing three distinct and excellent dynamics into one boring one (the tired romantic relationship) plus Raj? If you have three couples (sometimes there's even four, god help us) you have identical dynamics. You only need ONE couple to use that set of relationship jokes.

Fucksake.
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 8 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • FlyingMonkey, Toad, Tuesday Pajamas, QueenOfShebaSays, Nutz, chaotic temptation, Ratman77, FlyingSolo
Kaley spoke to Entertainment Tonight about TBBT season 11 as she hosted an event at Panera Bread in Studio City, California. She really hits wide of the mark here. I know she's just being playful, which is who she is, but NO!!!!! I'd spit tacks if Amy and Sheldon had a Star Trek themed wedding. As a massive Trek fan I know that Amy hates "stupid science fiction" and has only ever used TV pop culture to get into Sheldon's whities.

So no Star Trek themed wedding please.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/big-bang-theory...my-1637397
"Everything that you want to happen in the [season premiere] will happen."

[Image: tenor.gif]

If I remember correctly, then WE( the members of this side and every other person who respects the original characters and concept of the show) WANTED that the figures were not changed. Does that means that we simply need to send our wishes to the production office of "TBBT"?Somehow I doubt that. We always had to hope that the producers again see how extraordinary the show was and go back. Until now in vain.

(But it is not over)

"She and Leonard have a very cute, little relationship."

"Hmmmm."

[Image: anigif_enhanced-18879-1434671807-4.gif]

Well in this statement of Miss Cuoco there is definitely truth....and also a catch . They have ONLY a relationship although they are actually MARRIED. There is no respect, esteem, chemisty or something else which can identify them as a (happy) married couple.This relationship is not nice or cute but only embarrassing, unnecessary, forced, and illogical .....................................................................................................................................................
..........and that it was since the first episode where they came together.

P.S.: Okay, if there is a spark of possibility in what Miss Cuoco says ("Everything that you want to happen....") , and the writers of the show are reading this side, than a try cannot hurt:

"Please, NO wedding (with desecration of "Star Trek", "Star Wars", "Battlestar Galactica" ect.) between Sheldon and this SciFi-hating being Amy....

.....and make "SHENNY" happen, damn!!!"
The following 1 user Likes Ratman77's post:
  • Idle Miscreant
We need to remember that Kaley only knows what's in the scripts she has seen, which means through 11.3 since I believe that next week will be a skip week and she won't see 11.4 until later. We know the writers don't work that far ahead.
Ratman - I thought the same thing, the way Kaley says "cute, little relationship" is a tad undermining of what Lenny was meant to ultimately represent. It's supposed to be the love story with encapulates the whole 'BIG BANG' concept, yet even Kaley knows that it's just 'the little bang'. Sheldon is the BIG BANG. Sheldon is basically the show, the rest is just filler, fleshing out the episodes to get them through a season. They use him for almost everything. General viewers are only fond of the other characters due to familiarity, they don't care about them like we do. And the others would never stand up on their own, yet Sheldon could be placed into any situation, into set of charcaters and make a winning formula.

While Parsons makes very other actor 'better' due to his extreme talent, he's at his absolute best with Kaley. She really got somethng as well. So underrated by everyone, Kaley's a diamond. And they are the chemical explosion wasn't suppose to happen. It was supposed to be galecki sending hearts racing but it is all too clear that Parsons was the one doing that.
The following 4 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Gamma, chaotic temptation, Shellsyke
Rick and Marty Top Big Bang Theory to Become the #1 Comedy

Newsweek announced in September that Rick and Morty officially became the top-rated TV comedy, beating out the likes of Saturday Night LiveModern Family, and yes, even The Big Bang Theory. Adult Swim’s formal announcement Wednesday confirmed that Rick and Morty thrives with adults 18-24 and 18-34 based on Live+7 ratings data spanning from December 2016 to the middle of September 2017.

Live+7 combines live viewing with DVR viewing for up to 7 days later, combined with direct streams from Adult Swim’s website — the only way to legally stream Rick and Morty Season 3 — to come up with the sum total viewership ratings.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 1 user Likes Nutz's post:
  • Jela
Melissa has given birth to a daughter.

[Image: 514252164_melissa-rauch-winston-rauch-zo...C450&ssl=1]

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-mom...baby-girl/

She talks abotu an earlier miscarriage... I'm not a massive fan of Bernadette but I do like Melissa and feel for her. She seems so lovely.

“The miscarriage I experienced was one of the most profound sorrows I have ever felt in my life. It kickstarted a primal depression that lingered in me,” she said in the interview. “The image of our baby on the ultrasound monitor — without movement, without a heartbeat — after we had seen that same little heart healthy and flickering just two weeks prior completely blindsided us and haunts me to this day.” cry