External Email Blasts
Well, at "TV-Serienjunkies" the most comments shows disappointment.
Here some remakeble examples. I try to translate.

"I do not know what I expected.If they had no better ending for Penny than the pregnancy: okay. I would have accepted. But: could not it have been the case that she wants children and believes that she is infertile and then comes the happy surprise in the end? Did you really have to worry about the entire season that she does not want children when it's clear she's going to get pregnant in the end? And then she is supposed to be happy about it ?!Should the conversation about how that happened be funny ?!Penny was drunk and her husband, who once swore to love and respect her and knew exactly her feelings, does not use a condom and she can laugh about it ?!I always thought Penny was the toxic element in the dysfunctional relationship of this two over the seasons, but that was probably a big mistake.Yes, it's a comedy series, but just this season there were countless ugly comments from people who thought Penny should getting pregnant, whether she wanted it or not. Why?Because Leonard wants that, and anyway,...women have to want children. Point. And the creator say: you are right. Women only have to be confronted with fait accompli, then they are happy! Did you also see by Bernadette.Series - especially such successful ones - also influence social attitudes again and again and as someone who is constantly confronted with these backward attitudes, I can not laugh at it at all. And then the Nobel Prize.Admittedly, I was very happy about it and still the creators managed to ruin the moment completely.Sheldon serves the world's most boring cliché and sets aside the prescribed speech.Wie die Freunde dann im Publikum aufgestanden sind war einfach nur awkward und cringeworthy. That touched me ZERO.In fact, it was the one moment in life when Sheldon was- getting along with Amy - should have been in focus.They could have led enjoyed him the price and then let him be celebrated with the others, without inflating it so artificially, publicly and in an ultra-corny way. And Amy? The fourth woman in this story who win the prize in physics - as a biologist -first run to the ladies-room' to cry.Tears of joy? No of course not!The world has seen an unfavorable picture of her! Shock and horror!So there's a makeover and Amy seems to be more excited about her new look than the damned Nobel Prize!Her speech could have been also: Remember little girls- even if you make history, you are absolutely nothing unless you are so beautiful!That Raj falls so completely back down, was sadly foreseeable anyway. I ask why the person who absolutely wanted no children had to be forced on one,while Raj, who had the absolute yearning for being a father, ends up standing alone.In the end a final that serves all bad stereotypes and has chosen the most obvious ending.In fact, I find it even worse after seeing it for the second time.That's probably why the blunt ending does not work for me at all, because in the finale you'll clearly see that this group of "oh-so-good friends" has long since broken down a healthy friendship.Sheldon is constantly portrayed by the others as the selfish overlord ... but the other characters are all selfish and mean.This endless gag with the bong and how they just wanted to leave because they were hurt - and the reasons were not even good.Is it really too much that they all at the moment of Sheldon and Amy's greatest triumph stand together?That Sheldon did not congratulate Leonard, okay, that was not alright.But he has apologized and Leonard still wants to leave after that, although Penny - who is actually pregnant - was not offended.Why is Sheldon's behavior always called impossible?He is the one who changed most and conformed to the norm ( too much for me)and you always get the impression that it is not enough for the others.Although the friends are all questionable and do their best to ruin Sheldon and Amy Stockholm completely, then, of course, Sheldon has to apologize / thank.Did not Bernie's and Howard's TV interview also make it clear that each of the "friends" regards themselves as their own center of life?In fact, one gets the impression that others would condescend to indulge in Sheldon, even though he did not deserve it.The line "You never mean to [break their hearts], i's the only reason people tolerate you" will keep me extremely negative in memory. Tolerating is the opposite of appreciation.Sheldon has also enriched all her lives; but that does not come out here.The fact that Sheldon's Mom isn't in is unforgivable for me.I just saw the "Young Sheldon" -Finale ... Wow! That was a million times better.There were a lot more emotions in my mind than when I said goodbye to these characters after 12 years.That Leonard is also awake to hear the award makes his reaction in TBBT only worse.And what a missed chance to bring Missy back again."
The following 2 users Like Ratman77's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Idle Miscreant
"How can someone find this finale good? Sorry but something like that I have not seen for a long time.Of course, Penny MUST to be pregnant, God forbid that there is a series in which a woman does not want children.The Nobel Prize Case - Of course, Sheldon has to get one, because otherwise they seem to have no ideas.This whole Nobel Prize- posturing was just tooo misplaced and unbelievable.especially because Sheldon seemed stupider with each season. And they really want to tell us that Sheldon from Season 1 (the Sheldon who had only his work in mind) was not able to win the Nobel Prize, but of course only with Amy? Please.What really bothers me is that this finale was as insignificant as half of the whole series.It bothers me that they have just made a standart- finale, one that is boring and does not stand out from other shows.Even the HIMYM finale has been better."

"That's the problem of the series. It's not funny at all. Just as the stupid gag with the suitcases in the elevator. No, "The Big Bang Theory" was not the last big sitcom. The series was not a sitcom.The word "sitcom" comes from "situation comedy". These are funny situations that swing up.Sitcoms like "Friends", "Frasier" or "Seinfeld" showed it masterfully. The authors here do not know it at all.Even the finale is a juxtaposition of thin action, which are filled with supposedly funny sayings. There is no sign of "situation comedy".The "nerd-thing" reduces itself to meaningless Cameos, here a completely redundant appearance of the Buffy- actress.At the end then a maudlin-one-sided speech to "friends", who have still quarreled at the beginning, who may distribute to give Sheldon the "smash".The authors and unfortunately also the reviewer have not seen the obvious, or do not want to see.Would not it be time for the others to thank Sheldon?Yes, Sheldon struggles with social contacts, but he's open to all these people.He's having a hard time with changes, but he allowed it.He was always good natured as far as possible.THAT should have been the message.It is not the "normal" on who tolerates those who deviate from the norm, so that this "dissenters" must always give thanks.Maybe it would have been time for the normal ones to thank the person who does not belong to the norm. Because that can enrich a life."

"TBBT is a prime-example of what makes a drama that destroys character development, a sitcom, or at least takes what makes it funny.A sitcom is designed from the beginning so that the characters build maximum areas of tension.At TBBT 'four socially more or less awkward super intelligent nerds meet the less smart, but socially more competend blonde', the series pulls off their jokes.At HIMYM, a group of people who all live or strive for the great relationship-dream in contrast to Barney.If you start softening the tensions, the series loses the foundation of what it builds on and the series becomes more and more unpleasant,it becomes drama without having the depth of a drama, in the worst case there are character- changes where may be none.Sheldon, who almost goes to autism / Asperger, is changing so many things a compulsive disorder one can never really change.If he stays in his character, it can be considered as difficult, but also a disruption, if he changes it, just an unsympathetic ass is left,who has always been able to, but did not want to.And all these changes ungainly to unsympathetic."
The following 3 users Like Ratman77's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Idle Miscreant, Nutz
Sadly, I agree with these reviews of the finale. It was atrocious. Nothing flowed and the speech was horrendous. I loved that they fixed the elevator, but I hated Penny was called Penny Hofstadster - they should have revealed her actual given surname. I hated that there was no explanation as to why Penny now wants kids as this was important for continuity alone, without the darker meaning that she lacks importance over Leonard's needs to the writers. It was all so bad. I agree that Sheldon has seemed more stupid over the years and they he shouldn't have focused on just his friends, but on his partner Amy and yes... where the heck was Mary? They went for epic drama and it failed. It looked like an faux-Emmy awards ceremony. Weirrrd!
(05-19-2019, 06:29 AM)CTR69 Wrote: I would just like to point out that this is a very good thing. We are getting bombarded with politics and negative commentaries 24/7. So I really appreciate that a fictional sitcom did not turn into another mainstream media chanel, but remained true to its purpose. Fictional, non-woke fluff romance, a perfect getaway. This is why people watch fictional TV shows.
If you want a show about politics, watch CNN instead.

I think there was a more basic reason to keep most current events out. It makes it easier to syndicate.
The following 3 users Like devilbk's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Nutz, Ratman77
(05-20-2019, 12:16 AM)devilbk Wrote: I think there was a more basic reason to keep most current events out. It makes it easier to syndicate.

Good point. 

It's just timing as well, I think. From what I'm seeing, fans are more annoyed about the continuity in the story. They don't know why the writers wouldn't follow through, so it could be understood. But then they've done this every time. Penny didn't want to commit to Leonard. She didn't want to say 'I love you'. She didn't want to get married. Then all of a sudden... its u-turn each time. It's how they write.
Well, I want to write, at this point, my reflections about this disappointing conclusion (of course not without give you a little bit of optimism). Big Grin 

Of course I am also sad about this ending. I hoped that the makers of the show would come to their senses and bring this possible powerfull (and logical) pairing to live. Unfortunately it did not happen that way and it ends with a low conventional "buisiness as usual"-finale.

For this last point,we don't must be really surprised because,...well which successfully show did really has a good finale?
"The X-Files" didn't have, despite a second movie and two further seasons, one. "Star Trek:The next generation" had a good written three-parted one which did not suggest a definite conclusion. "Deep Space Nine" brouht the many plot-lines more bad than good to an end. "Married with children" never had an end. There was a last episode which was not more than a regular one. M*A*S*H had a, relatively good but, regarding the characters, hasty end  and "That seventies show" had with the dawn of the title-gaving decade at least a formal final. (and the one of "How I met your mother"should have been really scrap)

It is nothing special that long-lived shows ends in  a hole of lack of ideas.
But must that be really a reason to give up hope?
At this point back to "Star Trek". Why was the last episode of "The next generation" ("All good things") not a real ending? Because there were plans for the cinema. Well, that is not  to be expected for "The Big Bang Theory" but couldn't it include a possible hint for our show as well? Look what happend.

"The X-Files" came back to TV with the original cast. Fran Drescher is speaking about a sequel of "The Nanny". "Beverly Hills 90210" will be continued-also with the cast- and Sir Patrick Stewart came back to his parade-role in "Star Trek: Picard".
So could it not meanwhile become a strategy of producers to give their shows not a real end? To let a kind of back-door open to resurect it when the time is right? Producers are never averse to making money, also not with older formats. There must only be the right mood by the viewers.

So it isn't excluded that there will be a reunion of Penny, Sheldon and Co. and there could be our chance, fellow "Shenny"-shippers.  The show will be repeated after its end on several channels and networks- how the most shows- and will bediscovered by a new generation of viewers.And I am sure that they will also discover this power of the "Shenny".I can imagine that in the future more "Shenny"-shippers will exist than now who will ask "why to hell this Shamy/Lenny-crap?".

And they will also discover that the "Shenny" was/is the record-holder in fanfics. Okay, we could say, if we are honest, that this fanfics only were written because the "Shenny" does not happen and that the "Shamy/Lenny"-shipper doesn't has the need because all went by their wishes. But it is also a fact that there was this  enthusiasm for the "Shenny" when there were no Amy, no Bernadette, no pairings and no weddings and that the "Shenny" it was which build the popularity of the show in general. (If the writers doesn't noticed the "Shenny" they never has written the basment- and the kiss-scenes. It were dream-sequences but als the proof that they were aware about this strenght).

Well however, perhaps in ten years, when the producers think that with "The Big Bang Theory" could make money again and the original-cast is available, (and a new generation of viewers has discover the "Shenny") they could be see that there is this point of the show which is not checked. And so, fellow shipper-friends, be of good cheer and trust in the future.
How one of Sheldons favourites used to say:

[Image: 996d33aac46cfaab4517b80e1cf247dd.jpg]

I am convinced that it is not over.
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Nutz, Nostalgia
(05-31-2019, 02:04 AM)Ratman77 Wrote: Well, I want to write, at this point, my reflections about this disappointing conclusion (of course not without give you a little bit of optimism). Big Grin 

Of course I am also sad about this ending. I hoped that the makers of the show would come to their senses and bring this possible powerfull (and logical) pairing to live. Unfortunately it did not happen that way and it ends with a low conventional "buisiness as usual"-finale.

For this last point,we don't must be really surprised because,...well which successfully show did really has a good finale?
"The X-Files" didn't have, despite a second movie and two further seasons, one. "Star Trek:The next generation" had a good written three-parted one which did not suggest a definite conclusion. "Deep Space Nine" brouht the many plot-lines more bad than good to an end. "Married with children" never had an end. There was a last episode which was not more than a regular one. M*A*S*H had a, relatively good but, regarding the characters, hasty end  and "That seventies show" had with the dawn of the title-gaving decade at least a formal final. (and the one of "How I met your mother"should have been really scrap)

It is nothing special that long-lived shows ends in  a hole of lack of ideas.
But must that be really a reason to give up hope?
At this point back to "Star Trek". Why was the last episode of "The next generation" ("All good things") not a real ending? Because there were plans for the cinema. Well, that is not  to be expected for "The Big Bang Theory" but couldn't it include a possible hint for our show as well? Look what happend.

"The X-Files" came back to TV with the original cast. Fran Drescher is speaking about a sequel of "The Nanny". "Beverly Hills 90210" will be continued-also with the cast- and Sir Patrick Stewart came back to his parade-role in "Star Trek: Picard".
So could it not meanwhile become a strategy of producers to give their shows not a real end? To let a kind of back-door open to resurect it when the time is right? Producers are never averse to making money, also not with older formats. There must only be the right mood by the viewers.

So it isn't excluded that there will be a reunion of Penny, Sheldon and Co. and there could be our chance, fellow "Shenny"-shippers.  The show will be repeated after its end on several channels and networks- how the most shows- and will bediscovered by a new generation of viewers.And I am sure that they will also discover this power of the "Shenny".I can imagine that in the future more "Shenny"-shippers will exist than now who will ask "why to hell this Shamy/Lenny-crap?".

And they will also discover that the "Shenny" was/is the record-holder in fanfics. Okay, we could say, if we are honest, that this fanfics only were written because the "Shenny" does not happen and that the "Shamy/Lenny"-shipper doesn't has the need because all went by their wishes. But it is also a fact that there was this  enthusiasm for the "Shenny" when there were no Amy, no Bernadette, no pairings and no weddings and that the "Shenny" it was which build the popularity of the show in general. (If the writers doesn't noticed the "Shenny" they never has written the basment- and the kiss-scenes. It were dream-sequences but als the proof that they were aware about this strenght).

Well however, perhaps in ten years, when the producers think that with "The Big Bang Theory" could make money again and the original-cast is available, (and a new generation of viewers has discover the "Shenny") they could be see that there is this point of the show which is not checked. And so, fellow shipper-friends, be of good cheer and trust in the future.
How one of Sheldons favourites used to say:

[Image: 996d33aac46cfaab4517b80e1cf247dd.jpg]

I am convinced that it is not over.

Can't tell you how much I enjoy your posts, Ratman. You have provided a welcome break from my own cynicism and reminded me that Shenny will always be untouchable. Shenny lives in every frame of the best episodes which TBBT ever produced, whether the writers chose that story or not. Soooo many fans saw Shenny, loved it, were inspired by it and came together. So many wrote fan fictions for them, hoped for them, pleaded for them, fought for them, even under the most depressing circumstances.

It's been a pretty wonderful experience to connect with you all and to know that we were never alone. Shenny was HUGE. I started this website very late in the day. First there was Paradox on Livejournal which housed and gathered Sheldon and Penny fans quite happily, until the arrival of Amy. But after this, they couldn't contain the angst so many fans felt. They would have loved you and your optimism. So thanks for joining us. You never fail to bring a smile.
The following 3 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Nutz, Ratman77, Nostalgia
(06-02-2019, 12:27 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Can't tell you how much I enjoy your posts, Ratman. You have provided a welcome break from my own cynicism and reminded me that Shenny will always be untouchable. Shenny lives in every frame of the best episodes which TBBT ever produced, whether the writers chose that story or not. Soooo many fans saw Shenny, loved it, were inspired by it and came together. So many wrote fan fictions for them, hoped for them, pleaded for them, fought for them, even under the most depressing circumstances.  

It's been a pretty wonderful experience to connect with you all and to know that we were never alone. Shenny was HUGE. I started this website very late in the day. First there was Paradox on Livejournal which housed and gathered Sheldon and Penny fans quite happily, until the arrival of Amy. But after this, they couldn't contain the angst so many fans felt. They would have loved you and your optimism. So thanks for joining us. You never fail to bring a smile.

I cannot say more than 'Thank you very much.'

I am pleased about your words and your opinion and also I am proud to be a member of this forum. When I can gave/give you-and of course also the other members- optimism and a better mood with my thoughts and convictions it really makes me happy. 

The "Shenny" is alive and will ever be THE most important factor for the show and its success.I am sure that more and more people will recognize it.
I read that Jennifer Aniston is speaking about a possible reunion of 'Friends'.If this show  really will return "TBBT"-and the "Shenny"- has quite a good chance.

So chins up and SHENNY FOR THE WIN!!!!
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Nostalgia, Nutz
Final time on The Late Show.

Oh look they had them sit as their character "couples". You can bet if the choice was theirs it would be Johnny, Kaley and Jim on one couch (and in that order) and the rest of the cast on the other
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons