0%
0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

9.21 - The Viewer Party Combustion
(04-05-2016, 09:39 PM)QueenOfShebaSays Wrote: When Jim talks about Shamy he repeats the same stuff over and over. Like its stuff he's "supposed to say" and also if you notice when he talks about it, it's bringing up new things that it's allowed Sheldon to do. He doesn't care about Shamy. He cares more about Sheldon and being able to let his character do other stuff. When he said during Paley fest that he hoped Sheldon would get in bed soon, he never really brought up Shamy. It was mostly that he just wanted to have those sorts of scenes (and a few weeks ago he shared how Penny and Sheldon after coitus scenes would be fun to film.) he says stuff to simply make people happy or he hedges around it.

When he's asked about Penny and Sheldon, went to this day! It's amazing how you can see the contrasts. He sees their scenes differently and it's too bad that more people don't ask him about Penny and Sheldon's relationship anymore because he does enjoy it a lot (when they get scenes)

Jim certainly has a better idea about how the characters should continue. Unfortunately, he's not the writers. *sighs* You can tell how much he enjoys the scenes with Penny. I don't feel that same enthusiasm when he's in a scene with Amy. You almost get a "BORED" feeling coming from him. The moment he enters a scene with Penny however, BAM, the charisma, the sparks, everything comes back.
The following 5 users Like Serpent In Red's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, Darcy of Asgard, HomoNovus, Kimk26, Ratman77
(04-05-2016, 09:28 PM)Serpent In Red Wrote: I doubt she could say the opposite because that would make her character obsolete and ermahgawd, the world would come to an end. Dodgy

Don't know, might be because I've been living under a rock, but the many times I'd seen Jim talk, he was mostly praising the relationship between Penny and Sheldon.  Big Grin

He's definitelly a Shenny shipper. He loves every moment spent with her.

The following 4 users Like CTR69's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, HomoNovus, Kimk26, Ratman77
Hello everybody!

This post is about topics and comments in general in this threat.

At first, also from me a big fat HELLO to "Serpent in Red" and "CTR69". It is always nice to see that the family is growing.
To have this great feeling about found this "save-and great- heaven" I also know and that the "little" Hulk or Godzilla will break out sometimes......hmmm, from which person I know this feelings? (I believe I saw him this morning in my bathroom-mirror)

Testet (keywords "crazy"/"insane") and found to be healthy.....well, regarding my person I am silent (Only that: Also psychiatrists can make mistakes........maniac giggles) sass

That Mister Parsons openly shows that he enjoys every scene with Miss Cuoco/Penny…..
Yes, that is remarkable and could really be a hint that he is a hidden “Shenny”-shipper” Who could blame him?

(There was-I believe it was at season two this episode were the friends were traveled by train-the one with guest-star Summer Glau- were Mister Parsons said that he has missed Miss Cuoco/Penny in this scenes very much . When we consider that in season two he had in  nearly every episode scenes with her, then the actually seasons must be hard times for him………And I understand it. Blush )

Many “Shamys” argue that Amy would be perfect for Sheldon, but they overlooked a point (Not only the one that Amy outside of the “Shamy” have no “existence-authority”, no , but the kind she was introduced)
It was not Sheldon himself who has abandoned the “description” but his friends and they gave Sheldons own character-features on. So this maneuver was-from my POV-from the beginning illogical. And it (the writers) let also his friends look pretty stupid, because……well if I have a pal whose behavior I find sometimes “obnoxious”,…why to hell I should try to find a second person with the same peculiarities? What is that supposed to help? “Considered by light” I would create “double-trouble”. So the character of “AFF” is wasted.  Actually she is no character but a living “McGuffin”. If  she has come to the group as an own character and only as the figure of the female nerd it could have been great. But as girlfriend for Sheldon? By this failed “ground”-constellations? So it is even a real disaster.

I also read that there are people who have the argument that the viewers are never satisfied: If characters are changing then the show is not longer the same, but if there is no “growing” then it become boring.

In principle there is a true in it, but the important point is the method.

You can kill me because I mention it again but for me it is the perfect example.

“The X-Files”

I think "TX-F" and "TBBT"have things in common. ( Although  they are “mystery” and “comedy”)Both shows became-I think- famous by "mouth to mouth" and were for their times there were/are revolutionary.
The first season of the "TX-F" was an experiment and had the whole season over a little B-movie-charm. With the second season the show was manifest and had a hard core of viewers. That-of course-had effects. The storys became "larger areas", the budges greater and the sets more expensive. But despite this adjustiment to the mainstream, Chris Carter managed it to keep faithfully to his original concept.
He has also exposed influences to his characters, but this influences and experinces advanced their knowledge and their horizons without a change of the origins. Scully remained Scully and Mulder remained Mulder. At the last season, I have not only one second the feeling to saw other characters than to begin of the show.

It was simply perfect. And this same constellation I see by Penny and Sheldon.
They were/and are in their interactions always like a libra where the scales are coming to a perfect balance.
At the "Shamy" and the "Lenny" the scales are only going to one direction. Amy respectively Leonard. In their contemporary the writers make Penny and Sheldon so often acting like dump dolls with reactions which are so totally contradictory to their original characters that it hurts.
Alone the last episodes.

"Earworm"

I mean....Sheldon hears a song and then he has an epiphany? (What is he? One of "the last five" of the cylons or what?) Huh

And the “Howardette”?
 I did not want to write it so clearly but it is true. They are not longer important. They could them “write out” of the show and it would not much time be needed to get used that they would have gone. That is a shame, because I like this two……especially at their first seasons together.

(“The lone gunmen” were at “TX-F” only sidekicks and when they were gone I –and not only me-was sad about it. When at a show it do not really matter when two main-characters could disappear then something went really terrible wrong).

And Mister Lorres reaction to the point "Bernie is pregnant"......."oh, yes do it."

I think Leonard could really taken by a kraken, Sheldon could kidnapped by aliens or Penny captured by cannibals....Mister Lorre would not care it anymore. Sad When I have heard correctly he is working on the concept for a new show about a junkie or something.

However, I hope that the last signs were good ones. That for example the kiss (dream or not) could be really a test to control if there is still an interest in “Shenny”  from the side of the viewers in general. Not only because I am a “Shenny”-shipper, also because the “Shamy” and the “Lenny” are simply empty and hollow Morlock Sock and are not able to do “something” for the show (Could they ever?)

Penny and Sheldon are like a “royal flash”. If the writers does not “play it out” then they have really no feeling for their characters.

And I still can not believe that.

So now, and forever: SHENNY FOR THE WIN!

Greetings from Germany!
The following 3 users Like Ratman77's post:
  • FlyingSolo, Serpent In Red, Kimk26
9.21 coming up this week. http://christiandaily.com/article/the-bi.../51328.htm

[Image: the-big-bang-theory.jpg?w=590&h=394&l=50&t=40]

Sheldon and Penny make Amy jealous but its not quite enough people is it? Still rooting for the Shenny. Heart When will the writers give us some real ACTION. They could do a lot more with all characters with a mix-up...
The following 6 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, devilbk, Ratman77, FlyingSolo, Nutz, Kimk26
"All Amy cared about was taking Leonard's side because she felt like Penny and Sheldon are so close. Fans would be definitely interested in seeing a jealous Amy, especially since some have been rooting for a Sheldon-Penny pairing for a while."

[Image: tumblr_inline_nr59izAxPW1rx18a2_500.gif]
The following 6 users Like CTR69's post:
  • devilbk, QueenOfShebaSays, Ratman77, FlyingSolo, Nutz, Kimk26
Tuesday Pajamas:

Sheldon and Penny make Amy jealous but its not quite enough people is it? Still rooting for the Shenny. [Image: heart.gif] When will the writers give us some real ACTION. They could do a lot more with all characters with a mix-up...

CTR69:

"All Amy cared about was taking Leonard's side because she felt like Penny and Sheldon are so close. Fans would be definitely interested in seeing a jealous Amy, especially since some have been rooting for a Sheldon-Penny pairing for a while."

You made my day with your posts! Wink Smile Big Grin
Thanks!
The following 3 users Like Ratman77's post:
  • FlyingSolo, Kimk26, Tuesday Pajamas
9.21 The Viewer Party Combustion

For years people like me have been called crazy for pointing at the elephant in the room otherwise known as the Shenny dynamic. How neat to see in tonight's episode that Those In Charge decided to not only acknowledge the Sheldon and Penny bond but also reveal how it's actually the healthiest relationship on the show.

Leonard refused to attend Sheldon's Roommate Meeting. Yes, he had every right to refuse to go, and yes, discussing which Raisin Bran to buy isn't exactly a pulse-pounding issue, but it's how he reacts that's problematic. Leonard asserts that he is the 'only adult' because he's taking a stand against Sheldon's insanity, even though Leonard has spent every single moment sulking like a little baby, and thus ruins the party.

For too long the call by pro-Canon viewers has been, 'look at the poor suffering Leonard who has to put up with Sheldon's craziness', and I'm sure they think this justifies Leonard's pissy behavior tonight.

In contrast, Penny has not only made it a point to memorize the Roommate oath but also agrees to go to the meeting because she had signed the Roommate Agreement (how adult!). Does this cater to Sheldon? Yes. But in the grand scheme of things, is what Sheldon's asking a big deal? Not really. That's the beauty of the Shenny dynamic, both Sheldon and Penny are able to accept each other's differences with an, 'eh, that's just Sheldon/Penny'. That's something which friends do.

Leonard says that the Sheldon and Penny relationship is akin to Eliot and ET whereas his relationship with Sheldon is like the little girl and the thing in the tv from Poltergeist. Now, one of these relationships is between best friends and the other, between two antagonists who don't really like each other (as some Canon viewers assert with Penny and Sheldon). Leonard and Sheldon as besties? Yeah right.

Do Sheldon and Penny fight? You better believe it. The thing is, it isn't a whiny, angsty dripfest. It's witty and inspired. Sheldon and Penny go at each other as equals. There isn't underhanded manipulation, it's war. But the key to this all is the passion involved. Penny is not just the one who takes care of Sheldon when he's sick or can make him take his medicine. She's also the one who can make his lips tremble, eye twitch, fists clench and even threaten forces against her ken. Penny is the only one who can push Sheldon's buttons, much to the enjoyment of viewers like me who adore their quasi-screwball nature.

Even after systematically dismantling Sheldon from the brilliant alien to a sexified toddler, Amy is still jealous of their 'brother/sister' relationship. This, above all, speaks of what lies at the heart of those who continually shit on Sheldon and Penny fans—jealousy—because Penny is a pretty blonde and is therefore a threat. So much for a belief in a Relationship of the Mind.

Penny is married to Leonard. Sheldon has given Amy his virginity. Penny and Sheldon have been sibling-zoned in The Intimacy Acceleration (8.16). So what is the problem? Why is it so threatening that Penny has a close bond with Sheldon? Why does Amy not have a problem with Sheldon's closeness with Leonard?

This isn't a case of Penny being the threatening cheerleader out to steal a man. Penny and Sheldon are friends. Men and women have been known to do that. Not every relationship is based on sex and manipulation. And yes, that makes the Penny/Sheldon relationship 'threatening' but only because it's one based on genuine, agenda-free affection—quite unlike the manipulative Canon offerings.

That's the ultimate thing about positive relationships. They challenge each other to be their best.

Penny has Sheldon alter the Roommate Agreement so she doesn't have to hear Leonard whine.

Against Sheldon, Penny was willing to risk 'electrocution' by getting her clothes off the telephone wire.

One is a boring kind of love and the other, breathless excitement.

Obviously some writers can see the elephant, too.
Let's go exploring!
Shenny is always there for each other when the SHTF in their fake relationships.
This episode is very similar to the 21st in the 7th season. They supported each other, "because that's what friends do." Two years later and nothing changed. Sheldon still trusts Penny much more than any other person and Amy gets jealous over this fact. Again. 

It would be hilarious to see Amy finally snap and make Sheldon choose between her and Penny: 

"I'm your girlfriend, Sheldon! So who's gonna be, me or her?"
"I'm sorry Amy, but Penny will always be my soft kitty."
*Storms out angry and slams the door.

Also in the past 21st episodes:
in the 6th season Sheldon wanted Amy dead and expressed his love to Penny.
In the 2nd they had dinner and spent the night together. Soft Kitty
The following 6 users Like CTR69's post:
  • CassandraElise, Toad, Kimk26, Shellsyke, FlyingSolo, Ratman77
Review of 9.21 The Viewer Party Combustion

Well last night was the first time I sat and watched an episode of TBBT all the way through since the 200th episode. And I was pleasantly surprised!

It was the first time in a long time that it felt like a classic episode, the jokes were funny and it wasn’t too mean spirited. It was time for their Roommate Agreement Meeting, they have one every three months (I also think this was to show how much time passed between the episode when it was signed and now)  of course Leonard doesn’t want to do it, but shockingly, Penny wants to, much to Leonard’s dismay. And then Travel Gavel appeared and how can you not love that crazy guy Sheldon?

Sheldon and Penny teaming up together is always awesome, especially when it’s going up against Leonard and Amy (those two are just so insecure and kind of sad and pathetic… don’t you think?) what I enjoyed is that Penny doesn’t care, she’ll go to the meeting, memorize the pledge, she doesn’t care.

This episode also proved two things: Sheldon and Penny ARE friends, if they didn’t like each other, neither would put up with each other if this wasn’t the case. Their scenes just seem more natural and flow very easily, so the Shenny in this episode was awesome. (Little parts about Sheldon asking Penny about GoT was fun… you see how easily they converse.)

It was also awesome because the main focus wasn’t the Shamy or Lenny relationships. And while they had to say it a couple times (make sure you remember that everyone is paired off) it wasn’t the main focus.

I know I’m alone in this, but I thought Raj talking about his two girlfriends was funny, he’s a dick, but it was funny. The argument in the hall when the whole gang was there, that ended with Howard boasting about getting all the spinach dip, which was funny.

I have noticed that when Sheldon isn’t the butt of the joke/prank/being kicked, they drop it all on Stuart, and I’m oddly okay with it? He’s kind of like Eeyore. They did it again here, but his bits were funny. (I even liked the need where the boys were teasing him out the window, it was kind of cute and silly because it was utter nonsense, but we got Raj, Sheldon and Leonard laughing and it was cute… rare.)

And of course the very ending! That made me really happy, that was cute and random but sweet and for a change an episode ended on a sweet note, and one a Shenny note.

All in all, this is what I want from an episode, even if Shenny were not made canon, I just want some variety. The Scavenger Hunt episode was like this, a couple others from the past seasons. But I miss this.

As a rating, I give it 4.5 out of 5 Soft Kitties.

Cheers and until next time!

[Image: tumblr_inline_o23uenVEBS1qb05hi_500.gif]
Bitches be crazy. 
The following 7 users Like QueenOfShebaSays's post:
  • Toad, Shellsyke, CassandraElise, Kimk26, FlyingSolo, CTR69, Ratman77
Poll is up.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Kimk26