0%
0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

9.21 - The Viewer Party Combustion
(04-05-2016, 03:17 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: I can so see that.

Amy needs to find someone her own speed. I don't believe that Sheldon would date someone with so many physical imperfections. Not after this.

the only thing that would make his dating the incredibly imperfect Amy anything like reasonable would be that he never planned on actually having children with her.
(04-05-2016, 03:20 AM)Darcy of Asgard Wrote: the only thing that would make his dating the incredibly imperfect Amy anything like reasonable would be that he never planned on actually having children with her.

When they first suggested that they thought they would produce overlords due to their smarts I felt a bit queazy. Sheldon mixing with her as that effect on me... Undecided I've tried to find them "cute" but I just can't help the gut reaction I have to this couple.
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Serpent In Red, Kimk26
(04-05-2016, 03:26 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: When they first suggested that they thought they would produce overlords due to their smarts I felt a bit queazy. Sheldon mixing with her as that effect on me... Undecided

Same. I really don't think he gave it anything other then a brief consideration.
The following 1 user Likes Darcy of Asgard's post:
  • Kimk26
Before Raj became a major-league asshole he couldn't talk to women. Now he can and they probably prefer he didn't.
The following 1 user Likes devilbk's post:
  • FlyingSolo
(04-05-2016, 03:26 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: When they first suggested that they thought they would produce overlords due to their smarts I felt a bit queazy. Sheldon mixing with her as that effect on me... Undecided I've tried to find them "cute" but I just can't help the gut reaction I have to this couple.

Same here.

I actually think Amy would've worked better with Leonard. Or Raj.

Or maybe it's because I'd been reading fanfics too much, and the writers managed to keep the character in character *coughs*somethingwhichthetptbcouldn'tdo*coughs*, so Amy will work with the two of them. With the Sarcasm "character growth" given to Leonard and Amy, however, I doubt anyone would've worked for them.  Sock
The following 1 user Likes Serpent In Red's post:
  • Kimk26
They completely missed the boat on Amy and Raj. You have a supposedly "great" Neurobiologist, and not once did she want to try and find out why Raj had select mutism? WTF! Just think of the lab scenes they could have done with them together with Raj as a lab rat? But of course people might think they're cute together since she would be worshiped like a Princess and lavished with jewelry by a very smitten Raj, and he would give her all the sex she could handle as they go through the Karma Sutra. But of course Amy's only function in the show is to belong to Sheldon (or more like Sheldon belongs to her) just like Penny belongs Leonard. All other options are NOT tolerated. (Even if it would've made the show more interesting)
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 6 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Idle Miscreant, CassandraElise, lilyben3, Shellsyke, Kimk26
Bialik said in a recent interview that Shamy had improved both characters. She obviously has a very different definition of the word 'improved' than we do. Tongue Raj and Amy would be a million times better, Shamy is not believable. And Sheldon has in no way been improved by Shamy, he's a twit and I want to punch him now. Big Grin Used to find him hilarious. I also used to find him attractive but Shamy cast a real stain on him.
The following 3 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Gamma, Nutz, Kimk26
Aside from the fact that Amy has neither any existence outside of "Shamy" (WHAT A COMPLEX CHARACTER!) nor any internal consistency, the 15 million viewers who watched the show before Bialik turned up seemed to think Sheldon was pretty spry on his own, sans "improvement". Syndication brought another few million, thus the amount Amy and her ilk contributed was probably fairly evenly balanced by the number that deserted the show in horror, once Rembrandt Sheldon was turned into a Colour-by-numbers boyfriend.

No I'm not still angry.

[Image: tumblr_lrc4ttwik21qk28vho1_500.gif]
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 4 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • devilbk, Gamma, Nutz, Kimk26
(04-05-2016, 11:51 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Bialik said in a recent interview that Shamy had improved both characters. She obviously has a very different definition of the word 'improved' than we do. Tongue Raj and Amy would be a million times better, Shamy is not believable. And Sheldon has in no way been improved by Shamy, he's a twit and I want to punch him now. Big Grin Used to find him hilarious. I also used to find him attractive but Shamy cast a real stain on him.

I doubt she could say the opposite because that would make her character obsolete and ermahgawd, the world would come to an end. Dodgy

Don't know, might be because I've been living under a rock, but the many times I'd seen Jim talk, he was mostly praising the relationship between Penny and Sheldon.  Big Grin
The following 1 user Likes Serpent In Red's post:
  • Kimk26
(04-05-2016, 09:28 PM)Serpent In Red Wrote: I doubt she could say the opposite because that would make her character obsolete and ermahgawd, the world would come to an end. Dodgy

Don't know, might be because I've been living under a rock, but the many times I'd seen Jim talk, he was mostly praising the relationship between Penny and Sheldon.  Big Grin

When Jim talks about Shamy he repeats the same stuff over and over. Like its stuff he's "supposed to say" and also if you notice when he talks about it, it's bringing up new things that it's allowed Sheldon to do. He doesn't care about Shamy. He cares more about Sheldon and being able to let his character do other stuff. When he said during Paley fest that he hoped Sheldon would get in bed soon, he never really brought up Shamy. It was mostly that he just wanted to have those sorts of scenes (and a few weeks ago he shared how Penny and Sheldon after coitus scenes would be fun to film.) he says stuff to simply make people happy or he hedges around it.

When he's asked about Penny and Sheldon, went to this day! It's amazing how you can see the contrasts. He sees their scenes differently and it's too bad that more people don't ask him about Penny and Sheldon's relationship anymore because he does enjoy it a lot (when they get scenes)
Bitches be crazy. 
The following 2 users Like QueenOfShebaSays's post:
  • Kimk26, Nutz