RIP Leonard Hofstadter
Here's the most heartbreaking thing for me about this show: In the beginning, I actually really liked Leonard. It was part due to the actor's skills, but I thought he was fun and nerdy. He had a dash of common sense but could easily be pulled into a nerdy wormhole of sorts.

I held and still do hold that if the writers had abandoned the Lenny pairing, Leonard wouldn't be so hated. I understand the hate, I do! I feel it just the same. But in episodes where he wasn't desperately trying to be Penny's boyfriend, he was one of the funniest characters on the show. And I love Johnny Galecki and I think his expressions and physical comedy did have quite a hand in my affection for the character. I think that Galecki's onscreen charm is the only thing keeping EVERYBODY from hating the character.

My SO is not a shipper but even he says the show got worse after Leonard and Penny got together. Indeed, there is a definite shift where Penny goes from being the failed actress/waitress to Leonard's Girlfriend with no more substance than one of his flings. And Leonard went from dork to Poser Who Is Ashamed Of Who He Is And His Friends And Is A Scumbag.

When I casually mentioned that a lot of people believe Sheldon belonged with Penny (casual so as not to let on how big a raving fangirl I really am), he said, 'yeah I can see that. They make a lot more sense.'
The following 5 users Like Smo's post:
  • FlyingMonkey, wellplayedpenny, A.D.A., Idle Miscreant, FlyingSolo

Messages In This Thread
RIP Leonard Hofstadter - by Smo - 03-05-2016, 04:03 PM
RE: RIP Leonard Hofstadter - by Tuesday Pajamas - 03-05-2016, 05:02 PM
RE: RIP Leonard Hofstadter - by SpaceAnJL - 03-05-2016, 05:12 PM
RE: RIP Leonard Hofstadter - by Tuesday Pajamas - 03-05-2016, 05:57 PM
RE: RIP Leonard Hofstadter - by Trust No One - 03-05-2016, 11:07 PM
RE: RIP Leonard Hofstadter - by HomoNovus - 03-06-2016, 03:20 AM
RE: RIP Leonard Hofstadter - by Tuesday Pajamas - 03-06-2016, 03:26 AM
RE: RIP Leonard Hofstadter - by Idle Miscreant - 04-10-2016, 06:45 PM
RE: RIP Leonard Hofstadter - by CTR69 - 02-10-2018, 01:58 AM