Sex and Sheldon
For me it's not so much saying there is NO hope for Shenny romantically, but there is no Hope that the Powers That Be will do it right. I want Sheldon to be arrogantly smart again because 99% of the time intellectually he is right, and I want socially smart Penny to stand toe to toe with him and let him know in her own way she's his equal. I want prank wars, fights and when one takes a baby step closer the other will take small step keeping them balanced. I want the dreamers to realize their dreams while realizing that together they are better and stronger.

If I can't have this I would rather have no Shenny at all and be able to keep my dreams of them living in Space's Paladinverse where they are happy, successful, and didn't have to give up their core (vintage) personalities just to make small manipulative people feel better about themselves, or in another verse where they are living together as best friends then see them in canon as drunk, on anti-depressants Penny and sexy toddler, Jim Bob the hick idiot Sheldon.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 7 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Toad, Idle Miscreant, Jela, devilbk, FlyingMonkey, Trust No One, Kimk26
Hello.

Please excuse me if I annoy you all again but I want to make a proclamation. A proclamation which make me really sad. Sad cry

I was (and I am) not able to accept that the producers really want completely ignore this treasure of comedy-and relationship-possibillities they have with Penny and Sheldon. It could not be possible that they do not know it and especially at the last times and seasons I had several suspect-moments that they ar full aware.

It is true. The "Shenny"-moments were rare, but when there was one it was intensive.Why they made something like the "Love-experiment "who had brought such reactions "Idle Miscreant" has listenend? (Yes, the scene had no logic in itself, but the intimicay was magical).

Why they made this "dream-kiss"-sequence which made that the audience (at the studio and at the net) get crazy?
And why now this wonderfull "bathroom"-scene? Why?

I was (and I am) not able to think that these scenes all were only stupid bloody fanservice....or a kind of cynical mockery.
I saw this all as signs that the producers checking out which effect this could have to the audience and the viewers. To let eventually the "Shenny" as a possibillity in the backround which could be activated..... because too the reactions of the people were always positive.....even overvelming.

Because of that all I already felt the desire-the responsibility- to go ainst this "doom-mood" which grabs our forum so often.

To....yes...give hope.

But how I had seen last times-last posts- the hopelessness is overpowering. The despair is at the moment to strong and to depressing........... so that I make a (provisional) retreat now cry cry cry

Quitting my status as a "Shenny-Shipper"

-NEVER

Quitting the hope that IT could happen?

-Absolutely NO

Quitting my membership of this side?

- Definitely NO

Not one of these points is a question for me, because the "Shenny" is for me too much at heart Blush and ....well, I have the feeling that we all are a kind of family. Blush Blush
All the shippers like myself, the nostalgics and the proponents of only a friendship between Penny and Sheldon. We are all on the same side and -I am firmly convinced- for the right thing. (Hey, I like you all. To hell with "Shamy" and "Lenny")

But at this moment I feel posts from my side as meaningless. It have simply no sense.

I hope  that the will to hope will come back,  that the mood will come better again and that the producers are so honorable as I hope,....and that whenI come back I will be as welcome as at the beginning.

(He he, I can imagine that there are sure any members which are happy about that they are no longer forced to read my junk. I could understand it.)

Until then, I 'll always be here on our forum to watch and observe the events.....and be always on your side.

Until then.

SHENNY FOR THE WIN

P.S.:I stand to my opinion. The producers are blind and numb.
P.S.2: No "Shamy" or "Lenny"-argument will ever have an effect on me. Never!!!
The following 4 users Like Ratman77's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, Tuesday Pajamas, Nutz, Kimk26
Ratman I LOVE your posts. You're optimistism and fighting spirit, lift the mood around here. I love that you stick by Shenny no matter what. You always make such great points and remind us what we saw in Shenny in the first place. I'd like to see a larger version of your avatar. The Lenny and Shamy tanks attacking Ratman with his death rays. It's so small that I didn't notice those little details. It's so good!

I wish I could believe like you do. I used to hope that Shenny might happen but the disappointment is too hard. You are right in saying that the show have done some strange things with Shenny over the last year or so. They've always been aware of us and the affect that Jim and Kaley have onscreen. Even if they don't know about this website, Shenny sentiment has been unavoidable. Sadly I think the Intimacy episode was them trying to label the chemistry and to get the word 'sibling' into peoples minds. The kiss?? I have no idea why they did that. It wasn't necessary. Maybe they thought making it Leonard's fear would be enough to remind people that she's married to him. Whatever the reason, I don't think they simply write anymore. It's all canon pushing, avoiding Sheldon and Penny antics, they fight against something they know is there.

For the 200th, they couldn't do another big Shamy thing so they kept it about Sheldon. They had to put in a Shenny scene because they know the early show is not remembered for Lenny at all, but for them. So they had a scene and again included the sibling angle, with Penny mentioning his sister. The hug they could have left out but the Shenny is too good.

Maybe they could do a U-turn. Throw in a divorce and get Sheldon and Penny together. People would quickly forget Lenny, its not memorable. Sure there will be upset Lenny fans but the writers don't care, they devatasted the Shenny fandon, offended the nerd one, and then found a new audience instead. They'd just do that again. But as they also have Shamy to deal with it seems impossible. This is why Shennys can't have hope. I know you are right and they might be planning something but if they are, no one will be expecting it. Except Ratman Blossom
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • HomoNovus, Kimk26
Hey Ratman77!!! Don't leave! We love your enthusiasm! Just stay and chat! It's awesome! Your insights and thoughts are so needed in this place! For real! Stay! Keep chatting, share your thoughts! Smile
Bitches be crazy. 
The following 2 users Like QueenOfShebaSays's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Kimk26