Princess Leia and Darth Vader...
(01-13-2014, 11:53 AM)Major Gripe Wrote: ...are apparently going to Death Star, sorry, Guest Star on TBBT.

http://tvline.com/2014/01/12/the-big-ban...ie-fisher/

Are we rather intrigued (rendered mildly hysterical) by this? Yes we bloody well are.

At least we know Parsons has a good impression of Carrie Fisher. She once gave Craig Ferguson a pair of kangaroo testicles, after all...

I wonder if this will be before or after they get themselves in shape for the film.
The following 1 user Likes devilbk's post:
  • Jislane35
Boring! I understand why they keep wheeling out these decrepit actors. On some cultural plane Star Wars and Star Trek collide to create TBBT. But I'd be more impressed if they had cameos by Brian Cox(as I've suggested before. He has Sci Fi cred, as was tech advisor on Danny Boyle's 'Sunshine'), also [Image: star-wars-i-natalie-portman3.jpg] [Image: mark_zuckerberg_01.jpg]
Unfortunately TBBT seems to have no real interest in delving too deeply into geekdom. They are only interested in the stereotypically geeky...the stuff non-geeks kind of understand and can make fun of.
The following 1 user Likes devilbk's post:
  • Jislane35
Yes when I look at it like that, it has to be stereotypical in order for them to get laughs. I've also thought that people move on, when there's a new Star Trek generation, does anyone still watch the old stuff, no! So if they have to wheel out actors to get cred, then at least make sure they have some! [Image: Zachary_Quinto_2011.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes ricardo shillyshally's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas
(04-25-2014, 03:46 AM)pilot fish Wrote: Yes when I look at it like that, it has to be stereotypical in order for them to get laughs. I've also thought that people move on, when there's a new Star Trek generation, does anyone still watch the old stuff, no! So if they have to wheel out actors to get cred, then at least make sure they have some! [Image: Zachary_Quinto_2011.jpg]

I confess I do, the new movies are not that great although Quinto played a great Spock! I like the original series. next generation and voyager.
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jislane35
AAARGHHH MY CHILDHOOD!!
R2D2's eating a fucking sandwich! NO NO NO....

[Image: lunchbreak595x452-620x.jpg]
[Image: HHBP3uF-1-934x.jpg]
[Image: empire-strikes-back-behind-the-scenes-se...9-620x.jpg]
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
I actually have a sticker snap-shot from a cereal box with Luke and Yoda standing as the jedi was catching his breath after their run. Whoever freeze-framed it caught it just as a snotball was coming out of Luke's nose. Priceless.
Let's go exploring!
The following 2 users Like wellplayedpenny's post:
  • queenoftheDales, Idle Miscreant