0%
0 0%
3 Dirty Socks
0%
0 0%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

9.17 (Episode 200) The Celebration Experimentation
(03-14-2016, 07:30 AM)QueenOfShebaSays Wrote: I feel like I've allowed myself enough time to try and put into words what I felt about the 200th. While at the start the episode pleased me and TBH if was one of the better ones of S9 (I'll admit I haven't watched much of any of the episodes this season. The only other one was when the boys were trying to road trip to Vegas in the van. That had some old fashioned comedy moments.) the problem I found now, was that in the 200th it all felt so fake... The shenny moment excluded, because no matter what, it's nearly impossible for them to ruin shenny, doesn't matter. They just work. Everything else though seemed fake. 

Why???

Because for the first part of the season and now the rest of the season, has been about how to trash on Sheldon and how Amy can change him and often the rest of the group gathers around to change him, force him to alter his personality in these fake weird ways. 

The 200th almost felt like they were being nice so he'd drop his guard so they could take turns kicking him later. 

If tptb didn't want Sheldon to bet arrogant, brutally honest or indifferent, they shouldn't have written him as such. S9 has seen more dramatic, forced altering of Sheldon then any seasons beforehand. It used to be that it was Penny that helped him grow in little ways, and she wasn't even trying to make him change! It just happened, naturally and realistically. 

But I digress. 

I don't know how much more they can hurt Sheldon, they've really made him into a boring character, who's whole world is about Amy, this insignificant, self loathing, pathetic woman who has forced Sheldon into all of this. And it's not fun to see... It's kinda heart breaking. 

Although out of all the characters, he's still the most lovable, he's still the best character out of everyone else (which maybe now isn't saying much) I feel like the writers got lazy with him and also didn't want us to like him as much. 

I could see them in S10 doing a 180 and making Sheldon go back to the way he was, they don't plan the shows out as this season really is proof of that, even S8 didn't feel like this... He wasn't as much of a 6'1" idiot baby genius type. (I still adore him... But...) 

Anyway. It's almost irrelevant at this point bc it's not like tptb will listen or care. 

yes they destroyed his character this season, erasing basically every trace of what made his character great. even though they're doing the same with other characters. Take a look at Penny. The problem is bigger than Sheldon.
The following 4 users Like HomoNovus's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Gamma, Tuesday Pajamas, Ratman77
Hi "Queen" and hi "HomoNovus"

Both of you are abseloutely right. Penny and Sheldon has always helped each other to "grow" in this special gentle way. They not only learned from each other, they expanded the other ones horizon. Remember Pennys acting-lessons for him, or his allegory with "Schroedingers cat". That was things  which enriched their personalities without changing. It was perfect, gentle and a basis for something pure (romantical) that could arise from. And it is true. They can do what the want. For me too "Shenny" Soft Kitty Heart is untouchable. They cannot destroy it. No matter what they try.

And yes, it is true that Penny is also changed what is really a shame Angry Angry. But how you have written other characters too.

For wich it does me also suffering is Raj. Remember there was at the first or the second season this episode where he discouvered this new astronomic object. Well, his behavior was "a little bit" megalomanic, but-for me- this episode was the hint-or proof- that Raj was indeed able to carry a plot (or even a whole episode) alone. The writers could build on. Instead they reduced him to this "poor guy with sexual problems"- cliche what is a shame because his figure really had potential. Sometime- I do not know exactly at what point- he was for me only a (not good working) mixture of "Fez" from "That seventies show" (foreigner with sexual problems) and "Ben Jabituya" from "Short Circuit" (Indian and highly intelligent). "Considered by light" besides of Howard Raj would hade the potential to became the second most popular character of the show after Sheldon. But they decided to push completely illogical and unhealthy relationships. Morlock

It hurts. Sad

And it is true.

The problem IS bigger than Sheldon. Angry
The following 2 users Like Ratman77's post:
  • Nutz, FlyingSolo
(03-18-2016, 07:22 AM)Ratman77 Wrote: Hi "Queen" and hi "HomoNovus"

Both of you are abseloutely right. Penny and Sheldon has always helped each other to "grow" in this special gentle way. They not only learned from each other, they expanded the other ones horizon. Remember Pennys acting-lessons for him, or his allegory with "Schroedingers cat". That was things  which enriched their personalities without changing. It was perfect, gentle and a basis for something pure (romantical) that could arise from. And it is true. They can do what the want. For me too "Shenny" Soft Kitty Heart  is untouchable. They cannot destroy it. No matter what they try.

And yes, it is true that Penny is also changed what is really a shame Angry Angry. But how you have written other characters too.

For wich it does me also suffering is Raj. Remember there was at the first or the second season this episode where he discouvered this new astronomic object. Well, his behavior was "a little bit" megalomanic, but-for me- this episode was the hint-or proof- that Raj was indeed able to carry a plot (or even a whole episode) alone. The writers could build on. Instead they reduced him to this "poor guy with sexual problems"- cliche what is a shame because his figure really had potential. Sometime- I do not know exactly at what point- he was for me only a (not good working) mixture of "Fez" from "That seventies show" (foreigner with sexual problems) and "Ben Jabituya" from "Short Circuit" (Indian and highly intelligent). "Considered by light" besides of Howard Raj would hade the potential to became the second most popular character of the show after Sheldon. But they decided to push completely illogical and unhealthy relationships. Morlock  

It hurts. Sad

And it is true.

The problem IS bigger than Sheldon. Angry

You're absolutely right. The problem is WAY bigger than Sheldon. I don't know what they're doing with Raj tbh. I don't think he's the right character to play the ladies man. I don't think Raj is believable in that role at all. They had Wolowitz if they wanted to go down that route but they decided to castrate his character into the role of the devoted husband many moons ago.
The following 1 user Likes HomoNovus's post:
  • Ratman77
(03-18-2016, 07:35 AM)HomoNovus Wrote: You're absolutely right. The problem is WAY bigger than Sheldon. I don't know what they're doing with Raj tbh. I don't think he's the right character to play the ladies man. I don't think Raj is believable in that role at all. They had Wolowitz if they wanted to go down that route but they decided to castrate his character into the role of the devoted husband many moons ago.
Hello, "HomoNovus"

Yes, sometimes it seems that the writers are hating their own characters. Why else they would handle them in this way?

Sheldon was alway my hero. I do not know exactly why. How written in my first post, I am not a nerd, a scientist,......and certainly not a genius. But from the beginning Sheldon was the character  with which I could identify best. Perhaps he was still the loner. My favorite "Star Trek"-characters were always "Spock", Data" and "Odo".(And of course the villains). All loners. And Sheldon was always the kind of "Mister Spock" of the nerd-group.

What they have made with him...... Angry

But how you have written, beside the fact that Sheldon is one of the centric figures of our page, they have also ruined the other characteres. Of course my poor Penny Sad . (If they had this two getting closer in the way like at the beginning of the show a relationship would be absolutely believable).

Raj and Howard had so much potential at their vintage-ways. But know they have made them to cartoons and cliches.

"The role of the devoted husband" Morlock

I am the only one who must think at the names Marcy and Jefferson Darcy?"

All in all.... I quite want that all the characters will become happy. Even for Leonard -which is my favorite-enemy- I hope that he will become happy..... But not in a relationship with Penny which (intended strange to hear it from the mouth of a guy) is playing over his leage.

At the moment it looks as if it stuck but well, you know me. I have still the hope that there will be come the moments where Penny will tell Sheldon that he really "was the guy" Soft Kitty Heart and Sheldon will tell Penny what he really really meant with his "Yeah,...I love you too." Angel Heart

That the writers realize what they have with Penny, Sheldon and the possibillity of "Shenny".

Until then,....chin up. Wink
(02-29-2016, 04:19 PM)Kimk26 Wrote: Boy, in this screenshot..do they look like a grown up couple or what..
Definitely!!!

It looks as if they want, in the next seconds take the other ones hand and said:

"Let get out. Let us run away." Heart

I cannot understand why the writers are so against the "Shenny". They have it infront of their eyes. This emotions, this chemistry,.....a complete pattern.

"Nrf!"

Is that ignorance or laziness? Huh  I do not know it,.......but I still have hope.

Regarding their expressions:

"Don't be afraid. I feel it too."

from "The force awakens". Wink
The following 4 users Like Ratman77's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, Nutz, Tuesday Pajamas, Kimk26
by Cookiecris...

[Image: tumblr_o4fecacPJQ1qdxmh0o2_250.gif]