* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

9.17 (Episode 200) The Celebration Experimentation
[Image: tumblr_o367l4a0Jc1sp0cpeo1_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_o367l4a0Jc1sp0cpeo2_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_o367l4a0Jc1sp0cpeo3_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_o367l4a0Jc1sp0cpeo4_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_o367l4a0Jc1sp0cpeo5_500.gif]
The following 10 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, Shellsyke, Gamma, devilbk, Idle Miscreant, FlyingSolo, Kimk26, Ratman77, HomoNovus, Satnight815
(02-27-2016, 06:15 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: [Image: tumblr_o367l4a0Jc1sp0cpeo1_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_o367l4a0Jc1sp0cpeo2_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_o367l4a0Jc1sp0cpeo3_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_o367l4a0Jc1sp0cpeo4_500.gif]
[Image: tumblr_o367l4a0Jc1sp0cpeo5_500.gif]

they're just... gosh this scene was so sweet. and they're sitting close and Sheldon is looking at her with this look and Penny is sweet.

[Image: cD3ER.jpg]
The following 4 users Like QueenOfShebaSays's post:
  • Jela, devilbk, FlyingSolo, Kimk26
You guys are right, it's not a hug, it's a cuddle....

[Image: caps0218_zpsu6jobdqu.jpg]
[Image: caps0367_zpsn37e6oh1.jpg]
The following 11 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, Gamma, FlyingSolo, spuffyfan, devilbk, Nutz, wellplayedpenny, Kimk26, Shellsyke, Ratman77, Satnight815
(02-27-2016, 03:01 AM)Idle Miscreant Wrote: [Image: CcJ_7rfWIAEsywT.jpg]

This is genuine intimacy, god dammit. You can take your manufactured coitus and stick it up your...

Unfortunately, this is probably the only Sheldon and Penny scene in the whole of Season 9. Next week they'll be returned to their owners.
Boy, in this screenshot..do they look like a grown up couple or what..
"The mark of mediocrity is to look for precedent."   Norman Mailer
The following 1 user Likes Kimk26's post:
  • Ratman77
A blow by blow account of what happened on 200th by Glamour:

200th Episode Tape Night: February 9, 2016

6:30 P.M. After the cast was introduced, everyone embraced each other with hugs before taping began. Some scenes were filmed the night before, but the bulk of the episode was shot on this particular evening.

6:31 P.M. The on-set makeup team applied powder to Jim Parson's forehead, while Mayim Bialik got her hair styled one last time before the camera rolled.

6:34 P.M. Kaley Cuoco, Jim Parsons, Johnny Galecki, and Mayim Bialik shot the opening scene on the stairs, and their characters suggest dining at the Cheesecake Factory. The first scene was done in two takes before the hallway was redressed to show the third floor from the fourth.

[Image: mayim-bialik-johnny-galecki-kaley-cuoco-...h-w724.jpg]
6:39 P.M. The audience burst into laughter when Sheldon runs away when Amy mentions celebrating his birthday. Spotted off to the side of the apartment: all of Sheldon's birthday gifts, expertly wrapped.

[Image: big-bang-theory-sheldon-birthday-gifts-b...s-w352.jpg]
6:45 P.M. The gang walked back into Sheldon and Leonard's apartment hoping to find Sheldon—the audience freaked when Jim Parsons leapt up from behind the couch.

6:46 P.M. Jim Parsons missed a line while talking birthday parties and said, "Nope, [that's not it]. Help me!"

6:49 P.M. During a break in the action, music played throughout the studio and Johnny Galecki and Kaley Cuoco jumped up and down.

6:53 P.M. Producers discussed which lines in the script to cut, while Jim Parsons paced as he went over his own.

7:00 P.M. Director Mark Cendrowski gave notes to Parsons, Galecki, Cuoco, and Bialik. Cendrowski is not only directing the 200th, but he also directed the premiere episode of Fuller House, which debuts on Netflix at midnight!

7:01 P.M. Kaley Cuoco applied lip gloss during a break in the action and tousled her hair before the scene started shooting.

7:03 P.M. Writers played around with lines related to Sheldon's porcelain skin. One audience member is overhead saying, "I liked the other line better."

7:07 P.M. The scene was completed, and production moved to the comic book store.

[Image: big-bang-theory-behind-the-scenes-sheldo...y-w724.jpg]

7:10 P.M. We paid a visit to crafts services, which has a Mardi Gras theme going on. Sara Gilbert spotted us backstage and let us in on the fact that she shot the bulk of her scenes the night before, so this night was a relatively easy workday. Kaley Cuoco and WIl Wheaton were also spotted backstage, where there were jumbo shrimp, oysters, and plenty of coffee to keep everyone energized.

7:26 P.M. Parenthood's Jason Ritter was spotted backstage watching filming.

7:36 P.M. As the audience watched a scene that was filmed the night before, Melissa Rauch and Mayim Bialik chatted as they headed back to their dressing rooms on the second floor level of Stage 26. Rauch later told us that her husband comes to every taping and hangs out in her dressing room (where they have Tupperware parties!).

7:55 P.M. The audience got its first glimpse of Adam West playing himself in the car scenes that taped the night before.

8:07 P.M. Mayim Bialik spotted us by the director's chair and rushed over for a quick hug before her next scene.

8:11 P.M. Sheldon asked Amy if she's having a stroke, and the audience howled with laughter. When Cendrowski yelled cut, Parsons let out a charismatic "Ahhh!"

8:17 P.M. The audience loved it when Adam West said "Happy Birthday, Sherman!"

[Image: adam-west-sara-gilbert-kunal-nayyar-the-...y-w724.jpg]

8:27 P.M. West was introduced on stage for the first time and the audience erupted into massive applause.

8:32 P.M. Johnny Galecki and Kaley Cuoco greeted the audience. Cuoco's voice broke as she admitted that she's "been on the verge of tears all night." She reiterated to the audience how much doing The Big Bang Theory means to her: "We want to be here for many more seasons."

[Image: big-bang-theory-behind-the-scenes-w352.jpg]

8:37 P.M. Adam West sat next to us backstage as he watched the scene with Penny and Sheldon in the bathroom. He later cracked up when Sheldon said, "Everyone will think I'm weird," while talking to Penny on the edge of the bathtub.

8:51 P.M. John Ross Bowie (Kripke) and Wil Wheaton watched the toast scene from the monitors backstage. Upon hearing the line, "There's a cougar on the loose," Wheaton looked up to Bowie and started to crack up.

8:53 P.M. The audience gasped as Stephen Hawking appeared on Amy's computer screen to wish Sheldon a happy birthday. It was one of the biggest secrets of the night, and a bit of guest-casting that wasn't previously announced.

8:58 P.M. Kunal Nayyar waved to Mayim Bialik's guests sitting in the audience.

8:59 P.M. Audience members were overhead talking about how much The Big Bang Theory has meant to them.

9:02 P.M. Spotted backstage: Four versions of Sheldon's birthday cake, all frosted in pink.

[Image: big-bang-theory-sheldon-birthday-cake-frosting-w352.jpg]

9:04 P.M. The cast huddled as executive producer Steve Molaro and director Mark Cendrowski gave notes on the last scene.

9:05 P.M. Kaley Cuoco embraced Jim Parsons to practice how they'll do the hugging scene between Penny and Sheldon. It was a sweet moment between the two actors.

[Image: kaley-cuoco-jim-parsons-the-big-bang-the...g-w352.jpg]

9:15 P.M. That's a wrap! Hugs and high-fives lasted a little longer this time as opposed to other episodes, and a champagne toast was immediately called for.

9:20 P.M. Melissa Rauch's adorable parents visited their daughter on stage and couldn't have been more excited to celebrate with her. Later, Kunal Nayyar came over to chat with them.

9:25 P.M. The cast and crew posed with the 200th clapper in Sheldon and Leonard's apartment.

[Image: the-big-bang-theory-200-episodes-group-shot-w724.jpg]

9:30 P.M. Kaley Cuoco celebrated with friends on set, while Chuck Lorre chatted with guests. When we later meet up with the creator, he admitted that the original pilot of Big Bang was a much darker comedy than what it obviously ended up being.

9:40 P.M. The on-set celebration was still going strong, as everyone marveled at the amazing achievement that 200 episodes is.

Coming tomorrow, the executive producers of The Big Bang Theory will answer your most burning questions, including whether we can ever expect to find out Penny's maiden name! ....errr, he didn't. Big Grin
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Ratman77, Toad
Nice recap! As you know the only part that really stuck with me was that Jim and Kaley were practicing their hugging lol! They're so cute! No wonder why the hug was on point! Smile
Bitches be crazy. 
The following 1 user Likes QueenOfShebaSays's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas
Den of Geek review the 200th : http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/the-big-bang...imentation

[Image: tbbt_9-17.jpg?itok=ErYZSp8j]

The highlights:

"...season nine has been very Sheldon-heavy, not just with the humour but also a lot of the more dramatic storylines.
There's literally a sequence in which all the characters – including people like Leslie Winkle or Wil Wheaton – make speeches about how much they love him. Half of the people in the room objectively hate him, as we're constantly reminded, yet they're forced to recite dialogue few people would say about their best friend.

But then, as a kind of microcosm of The Big Bang Theory's highs and lows, we have the scene between Sheldon and Penny. It's spelled out to us, but it really is the case that those two characters sum up the entire point of the show. When it's not being mean-spirited or lazy, this is a series about different people coming together and learning from each other. Penny came into the guys' lives like a tornado of 'normalcy' and emotional intelligence, while they in turn taught her to expect more from her life than douchey guys and dead-end jobs.

So it was nice to be reminded of that, however briefly. Yes, Leonard has known him the longest and Amy has seen him without pants, but Penny understands him in a way they can't."
The following 9 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • QueenOfShebaSays, spuffyfan, Jela, Gamma, devilbk, Shellsyke, Ratman77, HomoNovus, Toad
(03-02-2016, 02:09 AM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Den of Geek review the 200th : http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/the-big-bang...imentation

[Image: tbbt_9-17.jpg?itok=ErYZSp8j]

The highlights:

"...season nine has been very Sheldon-heavy, not just with the humour but also a lot of the more dramatic storylines.
There's literally a sequence in which all the characters – including people like Leslie Winkle or Wil Wheaton – make speeches about how much they love him. Half of the people in the room objectively hate him, as we're constantly reminded, yet they're forced to recite dialogue few people would say about their best friend.

But then, as a kind of microcosm of The Big Bang Theory's highs and lows, we have the scene between Sheldon and Penny. It's spelled out to us, but it really is the case that those two characters sum up the entire point of the show. When it's not being mean-spirited or lazy, this is a series about different people coming together and learning from each other. Penny came into the guys' lives like a tornado of 'normalcy' and emotional intelligence, while they in turn taught her to expect more from her life than douchey guys and dead-end jobs.

So it was nice to be reminded of that, however briefly. Yes, Leonard has known him the longest and Amy has seen him without pants, but Penny understands him in a way they can't."

wow... that's... that's on point. see the show needs more Shenny! people want it! even if only as friends! and i'm so glad someone who isn't a "shipper" has said this, proving that non shippers crave Penny and Sheldon. (and i'm trying to not scream and be happy about that last part... them pointing out that Penny is the only one who truly gets him (and i think it goes both ways))

awesome.
Bitches be crazy. 
The following 2 users Like QueenOfShebaSays's post:
  • lilyben3, Ratman77
Hello everybody!

At first.....I want to apologice if I have affended someone with my last post at “Tuesday Pajamas” threat “What happened to Sheldons IQ?”.
It was really not my intention to bring Penny or Miss Cuoco in disrepute. Especially  not from my side (because you know since my very first post that she is ….only a little bit of course…..my sweetheart) Heart Blush .

How I have written, I do not accept with the main intention of this article to blame the character of Penny for all problems the show have. And it is abselotly true that the article is often an contradict in itself.

I regret it if I should have given a false impression.

The reason why I had post it was that I saw in it once more a proof that many people (viewers) -also ones where are not “Shenny-Shippers” and are looking the show from completely different POVs like me/us- the oppinnion have that the “changes” Angry  are the most destructive “things” for the Characters and for the show.

That the “core”-problem is present in the minds of the people.

That-and really only THAT-was my intention in this case.

I apologize again!!!

Now to the 200th. episode.

I must admit that I have not seen it,because,.....well I had the worst fears since the "Meemaw"-episode.
Many viewers in Germany-me too- were disapointed because the writers used the apeareance of Meemaw only again for this “Shamy”-realtionship-phatos-stuff.

(Someone-in a german forum- had written that they could have a guest-star like William Shatner.....and the only thing they would do is to make a relationship-episode). Idea

So I was convinced that they would use the "comeback"- characters (Beverly, Leskie Winkle, Kripke....) only again to praise the “Lenny” and the “Shamy” in the highest sounds.

But when I see you comments, your video-clips and stills I get the impression that I have really missed a highlight. It seems that the producers really wanted to go back to the roots......where they have disclosed that they know it.

Also by the kind of acting of Miss Cuoco and Mister Parsons.

When Penny says this lines (...." favourite peoples"....) she looks as if she would begin even moment to cry.
And Sheldons expression.......:"Why have you never said anything?"
Once again one of this moments I thought: "My gosh, now kiss her alt last!"

(There I have this scene from the 1985-thriller movie "Into the night" in front of my eyes-which is still my kind of wish dream regarding Penny and Sheldon. While he holds her hand and runs down the street with her.....
She:" Where we run?!"
He:"Away from here!!!"
You all know what I mean? Wink )

"Tuesday Pajamas" post of the "Den of Geek"-review and "QueenOfShebaSays" comment of it hits it on the nail. Even the viewers which are no "Shenny"-Shippers cannot close their eyes to the fact that this two are the center of the story.

"It's sweet knowing that Shenny fans were right all along: Sheldon and Penny—for the win".

"wellplayedpenny"

Yes, we were right!!! Big Grin And I think we all can be proud that we are the ones which had recognized the essence of the show.... and this two characters. Even a long time ago.
The "Shenny" is not a hallucination, and it is not a shame to be member of this fraction.
Let us all be glad and raise our glasses Wine to this beautiful scene which has once again made that clear.

Greetings from Germany!!! (I hope that I am still welcome)

P.S.1: That Adam West really is the guest-star of this episode: "Holy phenomenon, Batman!!!

P.S.2: The writers and the costume-department  gave Penny an outfit for which she earned the salutation “Ma'am”........ and for the birthday-party of Sheldon they give her a dress like for a teenager-ball. An interesting subtext how I think. (But of coooourse it is forbiiiiiden to ship them!)

P.S.3: For the future:
They can shoot so much "Shamy"- and "Lenny"-arguments in my direction how they want.
It will not have any effect!!! (See at my avatar)
The following 4 users Like Ratman77's post:
  • Toad, QueenOfShebaSays, lilyben3, Tuesday Pajamas
I feel like I've allowed myself enough time to try and put into words what I felt about the 200th. While at the start the episode pleased me and TBH if was one of the better ones of S9 (I'll admit I haven't watched much of any of the episodes this season. The only other one was when the boys were trying to road trip to Vegas in the van. That had some old fashioned comedy moments.) the problem I found now, was that in the 200th it all felt so fake... The shenny moment excluded, because no matter what, it's nearly impossible for them to ruin shenny, doesn't matter. They just work. Everything else though seemed fake. 

Why???

Because for the first part of the season and now the rest of the season, has been about how to trash on Sheldon and how Amy can change him and often the rest of the group gathers around to change him, force him to alter his personality in these fake weird ways. 

The 200th almost felt like they were being nice so he'd drop his guard so they could take turns kicking him later. 

If tptb didn't want Sheldon to bet arrogant, brutally honest or indifferent, they shouldn't have written him as such. S9 has seen more dramatic, forced altering of Sheldon then any seasons beforehand. It used to be that it was Penny that helped him grow in little ways, and she wasn't even trying to make him change! It just happened, naturally and realistically. 

But I digress. 

I don't know how much more they can hurt Sheldon, they've really made him into a boring character, who's whole world is about Amy, this insignificant, self loathing, pathetic woman who has forced Sheldon into all of this. And it's not fun to see... It's kinda heart breaking. 

Although out of all the characters, he's still the most lovable, he's still the best character out of everyone else (which maybe now isn't saying much) I feel like the writers got lazy with him and also didn't want us to like him as much. 

I could see them in S10 doing a 180 and making Sheldon go back to the way he was, they don't plan the shows out as this season really is proof of that, even S8 didn't feel like this... He wasn't as much of a 6'1" idiot baby genius type. (I still adore him... But...) 

Anyway. It's almost irrelevant at this point bc it's not like tptb will listen or care. 
Bitches be crazy. 
The following 3 users Like QueenOfShebaSays's post:
  • HomoNovus, Idle Miscreant, Toad