What happened to Sheldon's IQ?
I don't agree with much in the article. It's written by someone who is just looking for a cute bit of ass. Penny really isn't just that, well, not anymore.

The only thing I agree with is that being married does little for her character. Certainly not being married to leonard. The nerd (who is really normal) getting the girl is a short piece of string. Lenny's story was done when she started dating him the second time. Over, job done.

I also think some of the other women on the show have been attractive but unlike the writer I don't see why that takes anything away from Penny. She's very alluring as a human being, even when she's being a bitch she does it well. Penny is both funny and real, some of the characters listed could have been something if they stayed longer on the show but generally the other characters they decided to invest in have an air of artificiality in my opinion. Penny could be any of us. She's just a normal girl. I mean, I'm not a scientist!

Point 3 and 4 contradict each other. She can't have no conflict and then be all drama. I think this person is blaming Penny for the Leonard/Mandy fiasco. Which is really sexist as I notice leonard is barely touched on in this article. And he's the issue, not her.

I do agree that the Sheldon and Penny relationship has lost its tension. They have taken them into the sibling realm because they are also hot and the writers don't like what it does to some of us Blush

Nerds are cool now is not Penny's problem, it's the problem the whole show has to tackle. This person looks set to blame Penny for everything. All the female characters are written as it they have no experience of popular culture.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What happened to Sheldon's IQ? - by devilbk - 02-06-2016, 12:09 AM
RE: What happened to Sheldon's IQ? - by Ratman77 - 02-10-2016, 11:01 AM
RE: What happened to Sheldon's IQ? - by Ratman77 - 02-13-2016, 12:55 PM
RE: What happened to Sheldon's IQ? - by Ratman77 - 02-13-2016, 12:59 PM
RE: What happened to Sheldon's IQ? - by Tuesday Pajamas - 02-13-2016, 10:01 PM