Wednesday is Halo night
Gadgets, games and geeks...

...and Penny and FRIEND ships are why I "tuned in", literally and emotionally, to The Big Bang Theory and what kept me enthralled. And quite frankly if I'd known the show would devolve so spectacularly into Girlfriends, Greysuits and Growth Growth Growth I would have changed the channel early on.

Obviously I was watching the show all wrong. Apparently I was supposed to see four nerds leading miserable and empty lives. I was supposed to hope (via Leonard's POV) that they could improve their lot in life, that they could find THE ONE, and that they could lead happy, NORMAL lives.

Stupid me, I never did though. I suppose I was misled by their genius-level IQs, their impressive jobs, their neato apartments, their snazzy clothes (well, Howard and Sheldon mostly), their encyclopedic knowledge of science fiction and superheroes, their fastidious collecting of the things they love, and the unabashed joy that came from doing stuff together, whether it be watching cornstarch dance or building a killer robot or inventing a game.

I thought, man, these are super-cool guys! I certainly didn't see them as losers, needing to be fixed, needing to be completed. Even their awkwardness and their quirks and phobias were endearing to me. What *I* saw were individuals who soldiered on despite the disappointments and setbacks lobbed their way, because Comic-Con, or besting Kripke for once, or winning the Nobel prize was ALWAYS on the horizon. That was the journey *I* was interested in.

The group dynamic sold me also, because you got the full measure of their personalities as they bounced off each other. The Drake Equation scene, anyone? You had Leonard the Rationalist, Howard the Idealist, Raj the Comedian, and Sheldon the Observer. The archetypes might have shifted from time to time, but the humor was in watching how they collided with and, ultimately, complemented the other(s). The aggravation and the snark were neatly balanced by the camaraderie and the commiserating.

It's not that I would have been averse to the guys going on dates from time to time, I just never saw the need for any of them, within the near timeless confines of a sitcom, to be pair-bonded FOR LIFE. Five exceptional individuals have essentially been subsumed now into four very UNexceptional couples. The journey is no longer about individual enlightenment and scientific advancement so much as the slow prod toward the altar. I'm sorry, but I find that incredibly sad.

And boring. Undecided
OH PLEASE...
The following 7 users Like Toad's post:
  • SpaceAnJL, Gamma, Idle Miscreant, devilbk, Louise, FlyingMonkey, Nutz
They were Kings of their own Domain. They believed in their hobbies with a passion that made me feel triumphant about being a nerd.

The very best BB episodes opened with scenes with the guys, and their magnificent NERDINESS.

The condiment infantry in The Hamburger Postulate.

Klingon Boogle in The Panty Piñata Polarization.

The robot unpacking dinner in The Robotic Manipulation.

The following 5 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Toad, queenoftheDales, devilbk, Nutz, Idle Miscreant
HA! Big Bang Theory Slot Machines!

http://www.reviewjournal.com/business/ca...no-bazinga

Game designers then spent a year creating the slot machine. Larsen credited the team — lead game designer Gary Penacho, lead artists Pat Finch and Matt Smith, and lead engineer Santiago Allen — who were also fans of the show.

The television series is entering its ninth season but the game focused on the first three years and the five primary characters.
"It's really about the guys and Penny," Larsen said.

Wine

The bonus rounds focus on the characters and certain aspects of their story lines — "Large Leonard Hofstadter Collision Feature," "Dr. Sheldon Cooper Roommate Agreement Feature," "Penny Friendship Paradigm Feature," "Howard Wolowitz Mystic Warlords Of Ka'a Feature," and "Raj Koothrappali Scavenger Vortex Feature."

Emmy Award winning actor Jim Parsons, who portrays Dr. Sheldon Cooper, recorded specially written voice overs that are featured on the slot machine, including his catch phrase, "Bazinga!" that accompanies his pranks.

Larsen said the "Big Bang Theory" game appeals to the "nerd element" associated with the show.

"We tried to home in on that with the bonus features," Larsen said. "We want players to feel as if they are watching an episode of the show."
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 5 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, devilbk, Toad, wellplayedpenny, Nutz
Cool! Wine Wine Wine

The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Nutz
D&D was also played in 6.11 The Santa Simulation

Listen to that deep singing voice.... Pure gold

“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
I assumed they used to participate in LARP since Sheldon knows what's going on and when

7.21 The Anything Can Happen Recurrence

Sheldon: You’re right. You’re right. Got it. We order calzones, cut them open, eat them like pizza. All right, all right, I’ll shake the brain bush one more time, see what falls out. Got it. There’s a live-action role-playing group that meets every Thursday night in Griffith Park and re-enacts battles from Lord of the Rings

Penny: Uh, tell me more about this calzone idea.

Leonard: You know what? Why don’t we just ease into this. Let, let’s go for a walk and, and, and see if we find a new restaurant.

Sheldon: Any chance that restaurant is near Griffith Park?
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
Because apparently I have too much time on my hands I've spent the last hour or so googling the collectibles in Stuart's fine establishment. Et VOILA!! The Daleks really pull the room together.  Tongue
[Image: 2ensqiu.jpg]
[Image: 2q013sx.jpg]

[Image: 2m464b4.jpg]

[Image: 2ijss9h.jpg]

[Image: ekrtbr.png]

[Image: v8e3o.jpg]
[Image: o9iosi.jpg]
OH PLEASE...
The following 3 users Like Toad's post:
  • Idle Miscreant, Tuesday Pajamas, Nutz
Stuart needs to put a lock on the door...

[Image: c676705fa4860c962b2936ea452652da.jpg]
The following 2 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Toad, Nutz
Saw an article that mentioned the sign in this clip...

“Please keep your clothes on while doing laundry.”

Maybe I should put this post in the shipping thread Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
The following 3 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Toad, Nutz, devilbk
I suspect that at some point Penny disobeyed that sign. I pray that Leonard wasn't with her.