9.14 The Meemaw Materialization
[Image: WKn9Ryh.jpg]

[Image: nlm8Vgw.jpg]

[Image: VVsusHg.jpg]

[Image: 8VK7QhH.jpg]

More promo photos are here.
OH PLEASE...
Okay, what the hell happened to Sheldon's messenger bag??? There used to be people searching for that bag all over the net. Like this...

http://edcforums.com/threads/big-bang-th...bag.98073/
http://forum.the-big-bang-theory.com/top...ease-help/

and so forth...

[Image: 2009-01-30-141355.png?w=450&h=298]

I love the way Meemaw is looking at Amy. She's only one allowed to sit in Sheldon's spot. Heart Thanks for starting the thread Toad.
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Ratman77, Kimk26
Everything is included in the swapping process, even messenger bags and Nimoy napkins. Sad

If my boyfriend's grandmother stared at me like that, I'd be scared as heck. If looks could kill... Tongue
The following 2 users Like Jomi25's post:
  • Ratman77, Kimk26
I like the way he's leaving room for Jesus. The body language in that picture says it all.
The following 5 users Like SpaceAnJL's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Ratman77, Toad, Jomi25, Kimk26
It's interesting that the major fashion statement being made above is that Penny goes with Leonard's bag. An unintended truth?
The following 2 users Like devilbk's post:
  • Kimk26, Idle Miscreant
Is this how you pictured Meemaw? Funnily enough, this is kind of how I saw her in my head.

[Image: 107737_WB_0325b_FULL.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Ratman77
Look at this military-style- jacket Penny wears here.
In the paintball-armor she looked cute but this… Sad
Leonard have definitive bad influence on her. Angry
I want the “old” Penny ( Soft Kitty Heart ) back!!!

P.S.: And YES, Meemaws look on Amy is simply GREAT!!! Smile Big Grin Wine
The following 2 users Like Ratman77's post:
  • Kimk26, HomoNovus
I haven't watched this but I hear Sheldon asked if Amy and Meemaws cycles were syncing. Is that supposed to be funny? Huh In season one he was well versed in female biology and made suggestions to Penny about tampon bulk purchase and calculated how many years she'd need them. Now he's a moron!! I hate what they've done to Sheldon. He's so childish now, like a pre-schooler and they call this growth.
The following 10 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jela, Idle Miscreant, Gamma, devilbk, Berliner, Toad, FlyingSolo, Kimk26, Satnight815, HomoNovus
@Tuesday Pajamas
Even the Others are complaining about that. I mean, Sheldon can't honestly be that stupid, lax grip on continuity nonwithstanding.

The beginning was fine, other than now that I've rewatched some of Season 1 and 2 last week, the constantly-smiling-like-Pee-Wee-Herman new Sheldon is really unsettling. When they go to pick up his grandma, there is a painfully unfunny joke where Sheldon goes "that's not her" to every passenger getting out, to the understandable annoyance of Leonard. To give credit where it's due, though, the idea that Sheldon and his sister work together to slip grandma the iphone Sheldon brought her (product placement! sorry, I always have to point it out because German TV actually has pretty strict regulations about that, so it's always surprising to me how nonchalantly it is all over American TV) so he can track her "like a sea turtle" is pretty funny. Obviously we need to follow it up with a joke about how Sheldon got lost at the zoo, in case you hadn't understood he's five years old yet.

I do like the actress they picked to play Meemaw. She didn't look like her imagined her, but when she was actually on screen, she had the right amount of warmth, I thought.

Raj and Howard squabble about Frozen in comic store and a woman gets involved. It was very nice to see that this time we didn't need to do the whole OMG COOTIES AT THE COMIC STORE thing again, she was just a woman who was also shopping there, without unrealistic amounts of attention. They later talk some more to Claire. I'm already sad she probably won't show up much anymore after the next few episodes. Actually, she almost reminded me a little of Penny when she was still acting, not in demeanour, but being someone with unrealistic but cool dreams (screenwriter) "a month away from living in her car".

Once they're back, Amy obviously immediately makes a passive-aggressive comment about Meemaw sitting in Sheldon's spot when she can't (Sheldon: "And you never will"). Sheldon runs off and Meemaw switches from nice grandma to interrogator mode.

First great kerfluffle is Amy asking about the Moonpie nickname, which both Leonard and Penny can immediately explain, but when Amy mutters it does sound familiar after Meemaw remarked on her not knowing, Sheldon says "I never told you and you never bothered to ask". Meemaw thinks it's great that Penny is married and works, but criticises Amy for the same thing because Sheldon needs more tending to. That's actually true, with as much of a toddler Sheldon is nowadays, Amy would probably have to quit her job.

Amy and Meemaw tell each other they don't like each other and Sheldon is startled out of his sitting around quietly, looking confused and slightly daft. Meemaw spills about the engagement ring, telling Sheldon not to give it to Amy, and Amy of course jumps on it, though she was on her way out. Amy says "who says I even wanna be engaged to him" (pff) and "who says I need your hand-me-downs".

Meemaw says that Sheldon should go and let the grown-ups talk. Amy tells her not to speak to him like he's a child (THAT'S ALL SHE EVER DOES!) Sheldon responds by acting like a child. Because he's a kid. You get it now? Is it still funny?

Howard and Bernadette discuss the Claire situation with Raj. We get some more rewriting history as Bernadette says she had doubts about Howard, and Howard says he never had doubts about Bernadette, even though I remember at least three episodes focusing exactly on that topic (two baby episodes, one where he said not having children is a dealbreaker, the other one from last or even this season, so pretty recent, and another where Howard figured out whether he wanted to continue dating Bernadette or search for someone less realistic after a break they had). I'd say it should be harder for Raj to want to date another girl while he's with Emily, but we've seen so little of her and the chemistry is so non-existant that it honestly doesn't feel wrong that he would think about leaving her for someone that he's known a total time of 4 minutes. Bad, bad writing, and of course it makes Raj look like a dick.

Amy makes her case by saying she's "his best shot" and Meemaw has no idea how much she "puts up with". I have no earthly clue why anyone would go this route of argumentation on an already hostile relative. Like even in a comedy. Who says things like this? I'm not even a great Sheldon fan (especially in his current incarnation), but no one deserves someone who talks like that about them. Just break it off if you think you're too good for him. Meemaw tells her she understands what it's like to be with a difficult man because of her husband, but Amy breaking up with him hurt Sheldon deeply and she doesn't want to see that again. Penny and Leonard force Sheldon to defend his girlfriend to his Meemaw.

Sheldon tells Meemaw that he has looked up to Meemaw making Poppop into a better person (god, how I hate this trope of changing your lover) and that's what he's been doing with Amy. Amy says they've grown together and Penny snaps yes at Sheldon who wants to disagree. No deviating from the script, Sheldon. No happy relationship for you. Gotta dance with the one that dragged you onto the dance floor brought you. Anyway, Meemaw gives her blessing for Amy getting the ring, then Amy pets Sheldon like a guinea pig and he tells her to cool her jets, he just gave her his virginity.

Endscene is Raj fantasizing about Claire's and his kids, saying he'll eventually tell Emily about them. Man, was Raj always this unlikeable? I mean, I know he always was a little ("regular people, like fatties and uggos?"), but he really is a douche this time. Of course you can have doubts and think about other options, but they just present him as so gleeful and uncaring about it.
The following 10 users Like A.D.A.'s post:
  • Kimk26, Tuesday Pajamas, Idle Miscreant, Toad, devilbk, Gamma, FlyingMonkey, FlyingSolo, Shellsyke, Berliner
(02-05-2016, 02:59 PM)A.D.A. Wrote: the constantly-smiling-like-Pee-Wee-Herman new Sheldon is really unsettling.

Sheldon got lost at the zoo, in case you hadn't understood he's five years old yet.

with as much of a toddler Sheldon is nowadays

Amy tells her not to speak to him like he's a child (THAT'S ALL SHE EVER DOES!) Sheldon responds by acting like a child. Because he's a kid. You get it now? Is it still funny?

Amy makes her case by saying she's "his best shot" and Meemaw has no idea how much she "puts up with".

(god, how I hate this trope of changing your lover)

[Image: unhIFuu.gif]

You have hit the egregious nail on the head with regards these massively edited comments. At the very least, the nail of my personal pet peeves, to jostle expressions.

1) Sheldon has been changed utterly, reduced to a gibbering clueless buffoon, and the show ruined, to serve the plot of a loathsome, self-obsessed and manipulative character.

2) Said loathsome character yet complains constantly about New!Sheldon regardless.

Either love him as the ghastly imbecilic redneck you've created OR FUCK MARVELOUSLY OFF.

(Thank you for the review though A.D.A (and others who've filled us in on the gist). We might not be watching the show but it's far more pleasant to hear such horrors from friendly voices. Wine )
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 10 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Toad, A.D.A., Jela, FlyingMonkey, Tuesday Pajamas, FlyingSolo, Shellsyke, Berliner, Kimk26, Satnight815