Where No Sheldon Has Gone Before....(Fan Fiction Recommendations)
Ok, I'm looking for another story I wanted to add to a list (as I obviously don't bookmark anything ever). Anyways, here is the my sketchy recall of events and hopefully a fanfic connoisseur has come across it before:

It was 100% AU, I'm talking about the only recognizable TBBT thing is Sheldon and Penny. Not a drop of anything else.

Sheldon was a light house keeper, something about family history of lighting up the ocean, etc.

Penny was a mermaid-like creature. Now I say this with uncertainty because in the story she was on land a lot. I also recall her living or having a cave that she frequented.

The pair meet when Sheldon saves Penny from drowning (during a storm maybe?) Anyways they hang out, Sheldon talks, but I don't think Penny did only because she couldn't find a way to translate or something like that.

Penny eventually gets tired of being on dry land and she goes back into the water, Sheldon looks for her everyday for a while all while trying to convince the town folk that mermaids exist (they think he is crazy, of course).

I know that it sounds like a The Little Mermaid redo, but I'm almost certain that it is not. There wasn't any fluff or comedy to it, maybe it was romantic. I don't expect much with my cloudy memory but hopefully someone knows this one.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where No Sheldon Has Gone Before....(Fan Fiction Recommendations) - by queenoftheDales - 02-20-2015, 10:28 PM