Where No Sheldon Has Gone Before....(Fan Fiction Recommendations)
(02-17-2015, 09:45 AM)queenoftheDales Wrote: There is a roundabout way if you have an iPhone. I can walk you through it. (Look at me trying to provide tech support Tongue)

EDIT: I forget that there is an app called Pocket Fiction, which I have it on my phone and iPad, that works through Ff.net and you can sync and download all of your favorites and stories you are following, etc, from there. You don't need wifi or data after you sync your stuff to read stories either. (Life saver, I tell you what)

I have a Samsung S3 Big Grin I found this site where I can download fics so I tried and after the download it doesn't show me: The file couldn't be open.
http://ficsave.com/
Ok, I'm looking for another story I wanted to add to a list (as I obviously don't bookmark anything ever). Anyways, here is the my sketchy recall of events and hopefully a fanfic connoisseur has come across it before:

It was 100% AU, I'm talking about the only recognizable TBBT thing is Sheldon and Penny. Not a drop of anything else.

Sheldon was a light house keeper, something about family history of lighting up the ocean, etc.

Penny was a mermaid-like creature. Now I say this with uncertainty because in the story she was on land a lot. I also recall her living or having a cave that she frequented.

The pair meet when Sheldon saves Penny from drowning (during a storm maybe?) Anyways they hang out, Sheldon talks, but I don't think Penny did only because she couldn't find a way to translate or something like that.

Penny eventually gets tired of being on dry land and she goes back into the water, Sheldon looks for her everyday for a while all while trying to convince the town folk that mermaids exist (they think he is crazy, of course).

I know that it sounds like a The Little Mermaid redo, but I'm almost certain that it is not. There wasn't any fluff or comedy to it, maybe it was romantic. I don't expect much with my cloudy memory but hopefully someone knows this one.
Risknight did a short ficlet like that, I think.
The following 1 user Likes SpaceAnJL's post:
  • queenoftheDales
Yes this sounds really familiar. Let me think about it, maybe it will come back to me.
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7687324/1/T...he-Mermaid

I believe this might be it, by TriplePirouetteSoft Kitty
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
The following 1 user Likes Gamma's post:
  • queenoftheDales
Kudos to Space for the suggestion, I looked thru some of Risknight's stuff, seeing as I've only read a few of her stories, but I couldn't find it. (Also Risknight wrote a fic where Sheldon is a yorkie Big Grin and seems to do lots of AU's which is right up my alley) In the the end, the one Gamma found was the one. Thanks to the both of you. BlossomBlossom

The Lighthouse Keeper and the Mermaid
By: TriplePirouette
A/U "He looked out over the horizon. The shinning rays of the sun bounced off the water, making him squint, but he'd seen it. Her beautiful blonde head, trailed by a great iridescent tail as she swam off."
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7687324/1/T...he-Mermaid

Europa Falls
By: jazzfic
Penny wins a contest to stay at the strangest hotel imaginable. In place of Swedish actors and Star Wars characters, she takes Sheldon.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/297751

The Chronological (Offspring) Protection Conjecture Experiment
By: Zagzagael
Sheldon builds a time machine and brings someone from the not-so-distant future into the present. There is a time travel conundrum and consequences.
http://archiveofourown.org/works/916487/...rs/1778163
Speaking of Risk, on her latest chapter of Darkly dreaming, was this:

A/N: This isn't goodbye. It's just that I need to step away from this show for awhile. I am not happy with the current undertones of abuse the show seems to be passing off as 'comedy'. The writers have been moving away from the strong, interesting characters and storylines just so they can make lame jokes about sex and sexuality for two years now. They see nothing wrong with subjecting half of their characters to borderline abusive behavior if it gets them laughs and ratings.

I no longer like any of the characters except for Howard. I pity Penny and Sheldon. Leonard, Amy and Bernadette make my skin crawl. It's grown increasingly hard to write any stories when I find I have very little desire to spend time with these characters.

For those of you still writing, I applaud you. You have a stronger will that I do. I wish everyone the best, and I hope I can find my way back here eventually.

Let's all take a minute of silence and raise your Wine for another fallen Shenny author........ May she find her way back to this Fandom.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 4 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Louise, devilbk, queenoftheDales, lewstonewar
guys I'm looking for a FF that I have read but can't find it anymore. In the story Penny& Sheldon had an affair. There was a celeberation in CalTech and they had sex in his office. Then Raj finds out but don't tell somebody. And I remember that Penny moved to LA or NY and Sheldon visit her, lying Amy its because his work.
It was a story with many chapters. Hope you can help me.
(02-22-2015, 11:40 PM)shennyfreak1990 Wrote: guys I'm looking for a FF that I have read but can't find it anymore. In the story Penny& Sheldon had an affair. There was a celeberation in CalTech and they had sex in his office. Then Raj finds out but don't tell somebody. And I remember that Penny moved to LA or NY and Sheldon visit her, lying Amy its because his work.
It was a story with many chapters. Hope you can help me.

Hmmm an post-season 3 affair fic (full of drama, I bet) that has Raj as a co-conspirator? Was this on AO3? I think I came across something like that on AO3. There was an affair, Penny left (pregnant apparently) and somehow she is sick (or gets sick), Sheldon comes goes to get the kiddo and has to admit to Amy the baby is his love child after Penny passes. It was pretty damn sad/dramatic.

Sound familiar?

Ya know, I don't think this one was more than a couple chapters..... Undecided
(02-23-2015, 04:11 AM)queenoftheDales Wrote: Hmmm an post-season 3 affair fic (full of drama, I bet) that has Raj as a co-conspirator? Was this on AO3? I think I came across something like that on AO3. There was an affair, Penny left (pregnant apparently) and somehow she is sick (or gets sick), Sheldon comes goes to get the kiddo and has to admit to Amy the baby is his love child after Penny passes. It was pretty damn sad/dramatic.

Sound familiar?

Ya know, I don't think this one was more than a couple chapters..... Undecided

It was on FF.net. What I remember is that Penny felt guilty after she spoke with Raj and then she lied to Sheldon that all was a lie and she didn't love him. And so Shelden married Amy as revenge of what Penny said.