Sci-fi Shows 2016
I have a thread for movie recs but not for new TV shows...

Things I'm watching right now...

12 Monkeys
Just about coming to the end of Season 2 and based on the movie of the same name.

I even have a canon-ish ship.
Cole and Casey.

[Image: 12%2Bmonkeys%2B2.jpg]

Time Travel after the apocalypse...

Really love Emily Hampshire who plays Jennifer, the crazy one.

The show hasn't been much of a ratings performer but it has been renewed for a third season, surprisingly.
Lucifer

This one is fun and silliness. Very tongue in cheek but funny and Tom Ellis is hot.

Bored and unhappy as the Lord of Hell, the original fallen angel, Lucifer Morningstar has abandoned his throne and retired to L.A., where he owns Lux, an upscale nightclub.

[Image: Lucifer,_title.jpg]

Lauren German who plays the love-interest/cop is wooden and unconvinving but its still fun.
Based on a character first introduced in Neil Gaiman's The Sandman (Season of Mists storyline if memory serves), the show has been renewed for a second season.
(07-03-2016, 03:22 AM)devilbk Wrote: Based on a character first introduced in Neil Gaiman's The Sandman (Season of Mists storyline if memory serves), the show has been renewed for a second season.

Yes that's right. I was surprised again that this was renewed. So many show aren't but they seem to be taking a chance on a few, which is good to see.
Any space-related sci-fi shows?
(07-03-2016, 05:16 AM)CTR69 Wrote: Any space-related sci-fi shows?

There hasn't been any new space ones for a while. I think its because they are more expensive to produce. The last one I watched was Defying Gravity, which was cancelled after one season and quite old (2009). I WAS NOT HAPPY!

The only one I can think of now is Dark Matter.

"Stargate SG-1's Joseph Mallozzi and Paul Mullie are behind Syfy's new series, debuting June 12th, based on their Dark Horse comic. The show follows the crew of a derelict spaceship who are awakened from stasis with no memories of who they are or how they got on board."

I've downloaded one episode but not really got into it... yet that could change.
Actually it's the second season of Dark Matter on SyFy. Also Killjoys. Both take place in space.
Managed to somehow miss 'Lucifer' - embarrassing for a fan of the comics. Situation now rectified. As in devouring the boxset and as much fanfic as I can find until S2 starts up again.

It has a tall, charming asshole in a smart suit snarking and singing and punching things. SpaceAnJL likes.

(Also, I was doing fine until THAT scene in ep 4, and now I am trash. Damn you, FOX!)
(07-03-2016, 05:16 AM)CTR69 Wrote: Any space-related sci-fi shows?

The Expanse. 

Second season starts in February Smile
The following 1 user Likes shennyari's post:
  • Toad