Vintage Haven: Strictly Old Episode Discussion
Courtney Henggeler is a lovely actress and had some good lines here, but I could never quite reconcile her portrayal to what we previously knew about Missy. That she's a "dumb as soup" hostess at Fuddrucker's who took 6 years to graduate from high school.

Sure she's no intellectual, but she's certainly no dummy either. She's Mary Cooper's daughter alright, with a canny ability to size up a situation and set things right.

But, dear me, that accent. It's so WRONG. Yes I know it's Hollywood Southern and it's a little thing really, but it grates on me. It's too refined, too upper crust. It's Mint Juleps and Panama hats and Country Clubs. Not East Texas fundamentalism meets cheap bourbon. Laurie Metcalf gets it just about right, although even she goes a bit overboard now and then.

I DO remember though that this episode kind of cemented my love for Simon. "Oh look, I did it again." His comic timing and delivery are flawless here, and matched with Howard's, um, exuberance, make for an ultimately endearing character. For me anyway.

[Image: 2cwsjzd.jpg]
"You're welcome."
OH PLEASE...
The following 1 user Likes Toad's post:
  • Louise

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vintage Haven: Strictly Old Episode Discussion - by Toad - 11-09-2014, 05:42 AM