Vintage Haven: Strictly Old Episode Discussion
So I rewatched this tonight(on my digital download it is called the Shiksa Indeterminacy) I may be wrong, but isn't this the first episode that we see Leonard expose is douche side when it comes to his friends and women? He thinks he is cleverly manipulating Sheldon into taking the other guys out of action in their pursuit of Missy by appealing to Sheldon's ego. Of course Leonard's own ego didn't allow for the possibility that Sheldon wouldn't find him an acceptable partner either(for an insecure guy he can be pretty smug)

The thing about Miss rejecting the guys. I don't think you can draw the conclusion that she rejected them because they were nerds or short or something like that. The fact was that the guys were crowding her, making her uncomfortable and not being natural.

[Image: tumblr_msarspjyN41qasxjlo1_r1_500.gif]

Leonard especially didn't seem to take into consideration that his advances were not welcome. He pretty much says as much when he comes back after Missy turns him down- "Here's something we didn't anticipate". And for all of this Penny has a front row seat. That should have given her a thing or two to think of. It would have been even better if she had been able to hear the Howard/Leonard conversation about who had Penny.
[Image: tumblr_mfrnotHElc1rr72xvo1_250.gif]

I enjoyed the Raj/Leonard conversation at the beginning when they were talking about Cern coming on-line and creating a black hole. I remember people talking about that before the collider was brought on-line. I love the Missy/Sheldon interplay. It shows that no matter how unusual Sheldon's childhood was he still had the same experiences that many other kids with siblings have.
[Image: thebigbangtheory-s01e15.jpg]
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vintage Haven: Strictly Old Episode Discussion - by Gamma - 11-07-2014, 11:30 AM