Vintage Haven: Strictly Old Episode Discussion
Yes It's obvious, as you intimate, that Howard language skills are minimal, just enough to impress any foreign women visiting Pasadena. He's such a player/dreamer. Are you sure you're not the future Mrs. Loops? (Joke, well almost). I noticed in yesterdays episode, talking of Russian, that the astronauts have their names in both languages. [Image: resizedimage600299-Howard-launch.png]
(11-14-2014, 10:21 AM)wellplayedpenny Wrote: Big Bran is one of the episodes I'm looking at for my paper since it's so rich. The characterization. The plotting. Dialogue. Okay and it's one of my favorites.... Blush

Every scene was funny, literally. One of the golden episodes for sure.
Man darf nicht das, was uns unwahrscheinlich und unnatürlich erscheint, mit dem verwechseln, was absolut unmöglich ist. - Carl Friedrich Gauß
The following 2 users Like Berliner's post:
  • Louise, queenoftheDales
I think he *does* have a knack for languages, I don't think he's faking it entirely; he's just maybe not as "flawless" as he claims to be. I think an ear for languages and an ease in learning them is something one either has or doesn't have; it's an innate talent. Once you've truly acquired a second language, you can become rusty but you can't forget it; it's inside you. I was a Spanish major but I haven't had the opportunity to be in a Spanish-speaking environment for several years now, and I miss it...

I hate the space storyline; that goes in the "later-seasons stuff to be ignored" bin, for me...
So this---

[Image: tumblr_lyq1ezu6DI1ql5pbao1_500.gif]

[Image: Luminous-fish-effect.jpg]

Or this?

[Image: tumblr_mb7gyfX3Zs1qj74sxo1_500.gif]

[Image: Dump1.jpg]
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
The following 1 user Likes Gamma's post:
  • Louise
Luminous Fish this week. Dumpling next week. SO IT IS WRITTEN. Tongue
Luminous Fish ties with Einstein Approximation as my favourite episode/s of all time...
Blatant plug for the main site in three, two, one...

[Image: B2poxK_CUAAEU6b.jpg:large]

http://www.shennyhq.com/#!the-luminous-fish-effect/c4eu

(May I just say again how much I appreciate the Hitchhiker's Guide To the Galaxy graphic style of many of these pages?)

Luminous Fish also noteworthy for the first appearance of the woefully missed, urbane and weary Dr. Eric Gablehauser.

"SHELDON, HE'S JUST DOODLIN', GET IN HERE."

[Image: The-Big-Bang-Theory-The-Luminous-Fish-Ef...20-480.jpg]

Also home to the first appearance of Mary Cooper and her well-meaning if faintly dubious sentiments...

[Image: tumblr_m7ccpvEinp1qj74sxo1_500.gif]

AHEM - Just a mod note - This be the Vintage Haven thread, so remember no chit-chat referencing the Phantom Menace/Jar Jar Years. Space Howard (whilst amusing to some) is Season 5 which is most certainly NOT Vintage. THIS MEANS YOU RICARDO, PhD.

There, Mod duties done for the next few weeks...

[Image: tumblr_m3oqiikgnk1qamnrw.gif]
"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 2 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Louise, Gamma
Sheldon: How’s this? Pleased to meet you, Dr Gablehouser. How fortunate for you that the University has chosen to hire you, despite the fact that you’ve done no original research in 25 years, and instead have written a series of popular books that reduce the great concepts of science to a series of anecdotes, each one dumbed down to accommodate the duration of an average bowel movement. Mahalo.

Leonard: Mahalo’s a nice touch.

Sheldon: Do you know there are only eight consonants in the Hawaiian language.

Leonard: Interesting, you should lead with that.

[Image: the-luminous-fish-effect-2.jpg]

Wasn't it also the first appearance of the plaid suit.
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
The following 1 user Likes Gamma's post:
  • Louise
One of my favorite scenes ever:

The following 2 users Like FlyingMonkey's post:
  • Gamma, Louise
[Image: 24osifo.jpg]

[Image: ei8f4l.jpg]

Luminous Fish, Phase 2: The Revenge.
"The Illumination Trepidation"...

[Image: bfm44w.jpg]
The following 3 users Like Louise's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, Idle Miscreant, Nutz
The episode that made me addicted to Sheldon.
The following 2 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Louise, queenoftheDales