Other Comedy Shows
Will download this on the weekend. No Troy so they give Abed a girl... hmmm. I liked the FBI agent.
(03-14-2014, 05:55 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: Will download this on the weekend. No Troy so they give Abed a girl... hmmm. I liked the FBI agent.

Oh yeah, I loved her. It's a shame it wasn't her they brought back. I trust Community though. I don't think the writers would do to Abed what TBBT did to Sheldon. VERY different shows. Confused Still worried, though... I did enjoy Abed's cute apology at the end, but I failed to see what he needed to apologise for...

I REALLY want another Dean-centred episode this season. Documentary Filmmaking: Redux is one of my favourite episodes of anything ever.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

AND WHO THE FUCK STOLE MY BOILED EGGS?
(03-14-2014, 05:58 PM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote: Oh yeah, I loved her. It's a shame it wasn't her they brought back. I trust Community though. I don't think the writers would do to Abed what TBBT did to Sheldon. VERY different shows. Confused Still worried, though... I did enjoy Abed's cute apology at the end, but I failed to see what he needed to apologise for...

I REALLY want another Dean-centred episode this season. Documentary Filmmaking: Redux is one of my favourite episodes of anything ever.

You can tell how much respect the writers have for the characters. Abed is almost idolised - quite rightly. Although losing Troy was a blow because they were such a great double act. I don't think there's a single character I don't like on that show.

"I've got good news and bad news" Big Grin
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Wisp
For Pajamas.

"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 2 users Like Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Toad, Wisp
Thank you Gripe.

This is my favourite father Ted skit. The temperamental rage over a simple chord change, is not as improbable as you might think. To some degree all bands experience a bit of this. It gets me every time. Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin
  • Idle Miscreant
In view of the recent Goon Show/Spike Milligan discussion in the Grumblebox....

"WHERE THE HELL'S MY PARACHUTE?"
The following 1 user Likes Idle Miscreant's post:
  • Toad
I braved the first episode of season 4 of Community yesterday. Watchable... but not right at all. However, I have witnessed the death of TBBT, like all y'all, so it's still quite good in comparison to THAT. The good thing is that the Community cast is so great that they seem to be managing to hold up the weak lines with their lovely faces and natural charm. Compare this with TBBT, and you will see that the actors, too, have lost the spark, not just the writing.
HARRISON FORD IS IRRADIATING OUR TESTICLES WITH MICROWAVE SATELLITE TRANSMISSIONS

(03-18-2014, 05:10 PM)WITCHDOCTOR FANTASTIC Wrote: I braved the first episode of season 4 of Community yesterday. Watchable... but not right at all. However, I have witnessed the death of TBBT, like all y'all, so it's still quite good in comparison to THAT. The good thing is that the Community cast is so great that they're managing to hold up the weak lines with their lovely faces and natural charm. Compare this with TBBT, and you will see that the actors, too, have lost the spark, not just the writing.

I know what you mean. Great casting, strong characterisation even though S4 wasn't that good. The BBT cast just seem to have given in to the humiliation.
  • Wisp
(03-18-2014, 05:14 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: I know what you mean. Great casting, strong characterisation even though S4 wasn't that good. The BBT cast just seem to have given in to the humiliation.

Yeah, I can cope with s4 of Community's dodgy story choices and feeble attempts to recreate the subtle undercurrent of sad/strangeness that only the original people could do, because the actors are doing their best, bless 'em. Also it helps knowing that season 5 comes straight afterwards. I can't wait until it's out on DVD. Or DVDean. *snicker*

(03-18-2014, 05:14 PM)Tuesday Pajamas Wrote: I know what you mean. Great casting, strong characterisation even though S4 wasn't that good. The BBT cast just seem to have given in to the humiliation.

The thing is that Community will always have under-appreciated underdog status. They've never gotten great ratings but the critics love them, except for last season. They only need to satisfy themselves and they are actually surprised that they are still on the air. TBBT was initially an underdog that eventually overwhelmed. Now a ratings powerhouse they could care less about the critics or their fans who were there from the beginning. They only need to satisfy the great unwashed who happen upon the program because it's what's on the teevee and all their friends watch it.
The following 1 user Likes devilbk's post:
  • Wisp