The "Other" ship fanfic
I hope our reaction is dignified, but I'm afraid it's just defeated. It's hard to rant through a resigned sigh.

I would hope our ship could turn around and find more inspiration. After all, are we not the dreamers?

I myself am never out of ideas (It's easier if I pretend the last few seasons don't exist) just the confidence to post.

And I don't even care if the Amy fanatics and Leonard devotees continue to write their...stuff. (I've even seen them used positively in some Shenny and O/C work.)
But I really don't want to be shut out. Not by them.

I don't want to loose a valid art form to a group of angry primates.
(Have you read their stuff? I think they are attempting to prove the Infinite Monkey Theory)

While yes, we have a few that are not quite as sharp a writer as they could be, I find the 'others' to be far worse.

I refuse to read behind someone that can't or won't, even use spell check. I detest grammar problems, and there must be a plot to follow (rewriting an episode with worse grammar and spelling doesn't count! Even if AMY is purtier in yuor stoRy)
And I understand that things slip through, but they could make some effort. And usually their lack of effort shows when they turn around and leave Guest review with same poor cadence, bad grammar, misspelled words.
 Yeah, we know who they are.

And it's not because I don't won't them to get the last word (though I don't)

We carry the fiber of who those characters were, and are at their very core.

Long live logical Sheldon and Sweet Penny and mute Raj and BAM! Howard Walowitz
The following 3 users Like Jela's post:
  • Gamma, devilbk, Toad
And Death to Leonard and Amy!
(01-10-2016, 04:13 AM)devilbk Wrote: And Death to Leonard and Amy!

Devilbk - King of the Death fic Wink
The following 1 user Likes Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • devilbk
I'm more of a lover than a fighter, but I am not opposed to someone discreetly disposing of them.
Or Leonard and Amy can run off and live crappily ever after somewhere, I don't care.
I just have little use for them. Or the creators who created the same psycologically damaged character twice, and because of some previously acquired emotional disturbance NEEDS these characters to be the cool kids, the front runners, the heroes of this narrative.
Uhhh, now I've gone off on a tangent (careful, they're wild)

Somewhere we should be able to break down the psycological issues of the writers who find it perfectly acceptable that these two (three if you count the bully they made Bernadette & I do) feel ok to force others to provide your happiness (and force 34 year olds to a prom) But where?    Where?

So are you guys responsible for 100 ways to kill a doctor? (yeah, I jumped back to fanfic finally) cause that was brilliant.
We are an evil subversive bunch, we are. And I should point out that I've done hardly any killing. I just have no use for either of them. Their sole purpose as characters seems to be to flatten those around them.
The following 1 user Likes devilbk's post:
  • Jela
At this point, they all seem to be flattening themselves.
And I suppose it doesn't take much effort to write cardboard stories around cardboard characters. (I'm speaking of both the show writers and the "other" fanficers)
But it also makes it so easy to swoop and reconstruct it. Even if it means bumping off that which cripples us and pulling our beloveds out of the muck.
The following 1 user Likes Jela's post:
  • devilbk
No JelaJo, HQ didnt sanction the 100 Ways to akill a Doctor challenge. That was all me. I was trying to come up with a Halloween challenge and just happened to read 100 Ways to Kill a Weasley on FF and thought... Why not? It hit all the things I wanted to accomplish Halloween scary, relatively tongue in check, plus I thought I would give writers a chance to give REAL reasons for the trolls to hate on their work, but wasn't really expecting the results that came in. Apparently, getting back at the flammers and TPTB for turning this show into crap turned into a hot button.

For those of you that asked I have haven't updated the story list since the end of October. I just need a breather for a while on BBT fan fiction. I spent 6 months reading everything BBT and found I'm completely burned out. I'm hoping that a couple of months of Rose/Doctor and Hermione/Snape fiction will recharge my batteries so I can tackle Ao3, etc.
“There are no scenes more fun to do, I feel like, than the ones between Sheldon and Penny. They are such a wonderful odd couple.” - Jim Parsons
The following 2 users Like Nutz's post:
  • Jela, Tuesday Pajamas
(01-12-2016, 12:23 PM)Nutz Wrote: No JelaJo, HQ didnt sanction the 100 Ways to akill a Doctor challenge. That was all me. I was trying to come up with a Halloween challenge and just happened to read 100 Ways to Kill a Weasley on FF and thought... Why not?

Well, thank you for that Nutz. It was awesome and it was nice to have a spike in Shenny fics again. It even pulled a few writers out of retirement.

Nutz, I completely understand being burnt out after all that (especially the stuff that could barely call itself writing-and that goes for any ship)
Hopefully you'll feel back to your old self in no time. (I know a little Sevmione always fixes me right up)

It would be nice to keep these challenges going so we can keep our creative minds working and keep a presence on ff and AO3.

I'd love to see more challenges, because the 'others' can't seem to be as creative as us or even hijack us (though they do make feeble attempts)

How can we spread challenge ideas? Boards on ff seem defunct. Our own sight can alert some, but miss many others.

I just think the best defense is a good offense-especially since the 'others' are getting worse with attacks (and bad fiction) since the sham marriage and coitus debacle.
The following 2 users Like Jela's post:
  • Tuesday Pajamas, devilbk
Nutz was an absolute champion and the fan fiction pages on the main site are created from the data she collected. It breathed life into the fandom which was pretty deflated and these challenges help us survive a difficult period on the show.
The following 4 users Like Tuesday Pajamas's post:
  • Jela, Trust No One, devilbk, Toad
I hope we can keep it going. Cannon continues to get worse, but our spirits shall not be broken.

Somewhere deep down inside, Sheldon and Penny long to break free from the oppression and live out their lives happily as the dreamers they are. It's going to take us to free them.

How many writers do we have on site?
The following 1 user Likes Jela's post:
  • Trust No One