SPOILER WARNING: Star Wars: The Force Awakens
[Image: force-awakens.jpg]

I haven't seen it yet but I'm very much looking forward to it in January. But anyone else who wants to give their opinions on the movie please use this thread.

I totally loved seeing the old characters from the OT. Scenes where Han was included were definitely awesome.

Spoilers!
Though I loved BB-8 and Poe Dameron and the effects were really pleasant, I feel like some of the plot points/elements in the new film are rehashes from the original trilogy. Reviews from IMDB have pointed this out as well:

BB-8 is on the run because it carries important information. And Rey is captured, while Finn, Han and Chewie try to rescue her from the First Order's base. (IV)

In one of the battle sequences, Rey has an encounter with Kylo Ren inside some of some sort of cave. (V)

The rebels need to disable a shield generator from the Death Planet (aka Death Star x100) in order for them to destroy the weapon. (VI)

And then there was that whole sequence where Rey suddenly figures out how to do the Jedi mind trick on a Stormtrooper without any training. It looked awesome and it made Rey look bad-ass, but I thought it was a bit of a deus ex machina moment and went against the rules of training first and learning how to use the Force. I guess the Force was just really strong with Rey? But still! Yoda was very insistent with Luke completing his training. All of a sudden, this girl is even more of a special snowflake than Luke or Anakin was?

And Han...... :'(

I also thought the film didn't do a lot of catching up with things that happened in the last 30 years. There weren't a lot of world-building as well and I couldn't remember seeing new unique creatures like those from the old films, except for a handful of new alien characters.

Of course, I'm still looking forward to the next film. Seeing Luke at the end was pretty nice.
The following 1 user Likes Jomi25's post:
  • Gamma
I agree with your points.  I had fun at the movie, but it many ways it seemed less like a sequel and more like a remake or reboot of the original.  And certain elements could have used a lot more development.
Oh wow, oh wow, what an adventure.
The following 1 user Likes Gamma's post:
  • Jomi25